Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

No Infamy on DVD
Posted by: RadioMarv ()
Date: June 12, 2007 16:56

Been diggin' on the new DVDs but I gotta say I don't see Infamy anywhere on these discs.

The omition of this tune is a shame, it really worked for my when I saw them play it live a few times in 05 and while I am reliving my Bigger Bang tour memories I would have loved that one to be included.

anyone else wish we could have gotten a got version of Infamy?

Re: No Infamy on DVD
Date: June 12, 2007 16:57

i know most people had it "in fah" infamy, but i indeed digged it. much better live than on record.

*and i'm just like that bird - singing just for you*

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 12, 2007 17:52

agreed - i liked it a lot...

Posted by: rocksoffKR ()
Date: June 12, 2007 17:55

how is the new dvd?

Posted by: RadioMarv ()
Date: June 12, 2007 18:39

the singer not the bong Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i know most people had it "in fah" infamy, but i
> indeed digged it. much better live than on record.

for sure
this song really cooked live, I saw 4 shows on the first leg and Infamy got better every time

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 12, 2007 19:00

>> anyone else wish we could have gotten a got version of Infamy? <<

~*YEAH!*~
i have some gorgeous versions of it on bootlegs and would dearly love an official release.

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: June 12, 2007 19:05

rocksoffKR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> how is the new dvd?

I think it's fantastic. I watched the Austin concert last night and it truly blew me away. The performance is very good and the superb mixing makes it sound as powerful a live record as any I have heard. The guitars sound, in particular, is quite riveting. Some rather aggressive overdubbing might have helped quite a bit (the show is immeasurably better than anything else I have seen on this tour), but my rule of thumb on these matters is analogous to the old wisdom about fake tits: it's real if I can hear it.

The Salt of the Earth documentary rambles rather aimlessly, but it does contain a number of interesting nuggets - particularly about the logistics of the tour. While the documentary in 4 Flicks was focused mostly on the preparation of the tour, this one is on the behind the scenes work required to make everything go smoothly. A bit repetitive and esoteric for the casual fan, but the casual fan probably won't buy the dvd anyway.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1493
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home