Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bad sales in Montenegro
Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: June 11, 2007 18:27

The rumour has it that only 1 500 tickets have been sold so far.Do you think that the show will be cancelled for that reason?
This only proves that The Stones management should have booked a concert in Croatia instead.Z

Re: Bad sales in Montenegro
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 11, 2007 18:32

1500??
That's indeed very bad, if true. I already thought before that it is very strange to have those two shows in Belgrade and Budva - in two countries that belonged together not so long ago and that are not exactly rich. If they don't sell at least 10000 I'm sure it will be cancelled.

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Date: June 11, 2007 18:38

Yeah you are right Lorenz.It felt very weird when Budva show was announced and I doubted that that show would sell well.Besides,there are shows in Belgrade,Budapest and Bucharest and I guess that most of the stones fans from this region will go to these places.Budva is just harder to reach since it is a small town on the Adriatic cost.
Well let's hope that sales will improve with a start of new touristic season.

Date: June 11, 2007 18:47

thats what they get for booking so many 'B List' cities winking smiley

*and i'm just like that bird - singing just for you*

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: June 11, 2007 18:51

How much are the tickets? And how much is an average salary? Maybe that's the problem?

Posted by: gagi ()
Date: June 11, 2007 19:14

Stones serb,prodato je 1500 karata samo na blagajnama komercijalne banke a ne ukupno.Karte se mogu kupiti na 200 prodajnih mesta tako da nema govora o slaboj prodaji.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 11, 2007 19:17

= ?

Date: June 11, 2007 19:40

It seems it is a false rumour.gagi has just written that the number I mentioned is the number of tickets sold at one of many places where the tickets can be bought.So I apologize to anyone who might have found my post upseting.

Posted by: s-asla ()
Date: June 11, 2007 23:28

The show will attract charter-tourists from all the adriatic coast.

Date: June 11, 2007 23:43

1500?

Dang, I could sell more tickets than that and I put on a shitty show!

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: June 11, 2007 23:57

I wonder if this show is sponsored like Rio was. I just googled a bit and found several sources saying that the average monthly income in Montenegro in 2005 was around 200 Euro. No surprise if it sells bad.

Date: June 12, 2007 01:13

The average income is actually about 300 euros I think and as I said above it seems that it is a false rumour.The sales aren't bad.Anyway we'll see.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 12, 2007 01:31

i recall that the link to sales wasn't working soon after the public sale started. that could cause some low ticket sales...

it had better not be cancelled - i'm staying in budva for a whole bunch of days as it since since they have the break after the budva show...

Date: June 12, 2007 02:20

Don't worry Queenie,it seems that I was wrong.The show won't be cancelled.

Posted by: 61' telecaster ()
Date: June 12, 2007 16:30

What I heard is that 1500 tickets were sold in Podgorica (capital of MNT) only. They decreased ticket prices from app. 50 to 35 € and that would be the best description of the sales. I am sure that Montenegrins will be minority on the show. Most of the audience will be from Serbia - several people I know planned their hollidays according to Budva concert, then Bosnians, Croatians and tourists from other countries.

@ Firebird: The Show is not officially sponsored but everyone introduced to the situation in the region would say that Montenegrin government sponsored it in order to promote tourism in their young state.

One more thing: on May 9, when change of Belgrade venue was announced, one third of the tickets were sold (that would be around 27,000, including all 10,000 for front rows). Two events that affect the Belgrade sale are RHCP show on June 26 (80,000 tickets sold) and Exit festival in Novi Sad, which will take place the same weekend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-12 16:33 by 61' telecaster.

Date: June 12, 2007 17:54

all the hotels are booked in budva, if that's any indication...

Posted by: rocksoffKR ()
Date: June 12, 2007 17:55

not montenegro!!

Date: June 12, 2007 17:59

It indicates that tourist season is in its peak smiling smiley.

Date: June 15, 2007 12:06

61' telecaster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It indicates that tourist season is in its peak
> smiling smiley.

but there's much more availability the day after the show...

Date: June 15, 2007 23:25

I was just joking. I cinsidered going to see Budva show but I don;t believe it's gonna be special by any mean except it's on the beach so people can spend the whole afternoon there, chilling by the sea, without traffic and other city bugs.

The latest on Belgrade sales is that 35,000 tickets are sold as of yesterday. People here are known for doing everything in the last minute so I assume there's gonna be large crowd.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 16, 2007 00:11

Before I enter the Land Of The Deported...

Speakin' of Pirates...

This movie was recorded in Budva:

Date: June 16, 2007 00:55

I didn't know it had been filmed in Budva.I used to watch it a lot when I was a kid but I had no idea that it had been filmed in my country(back then it was a part of my country).

Anyway I love Montenegrin cost a lot.Budva is not exactly my favourite place on the cost.I prefer Herceg Novi,but Budva indeed has its charms,particularly a wonderful old part of the town.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-16 00:56 by stones_serb.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 16, 2007 09:44

Posted on Shidoobee:

Budva – Preparations for the concert of the most famous rock group in the world “The Rolling Stones” which will be held on July 9th on beach Jaz are going as planned,
with the fact that media campaign should be improved, both in the country and in the surrounding – concluded yesterday the Organization board.

With the meeting of the organization board held in Becici in “Splendid presided Svetozar Marovic, and there were also present ministers of tourism and culture, Predrag Nenezic,
and Predrag Sekulic, director of the Management of the police Veselin Vujovic, representatives of the firm “Music star” and management group.

As it was confirmed for “Vijesti” the board is pleased with the organization so far. The construction of the plateau for concert has been finished,
so from the technical crew of the “Rolling Stones” in seven days they will send tents, which will be places in backstage.

It has been recommended that the campaign should be enhanced in order for more tickets to be sold.
At the meeting they said that so far they have sold 10.000 tickets in Albania, and 5 thousand in Croatia, 5 thousand in Bosnia and 5 thousand in Serbia,
and that they need to improve the sale in Montenegro,

The first convoy with gear is coming on 3rd of July when they are expecting 20 trucks to come over Debeli Brijeg,
and another 23 trucks will arrive until the 5th of July when they will start to install the stage.

[p081.ezboard.com]

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: June 16, 2007 10:15

stones_serb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The rumour has it that only 1 500 tickets have
> been sold so far.Do you think that the show will
> be cancelled for that reason?
>
....... hmmm,,, appears its gonna be a free concert,,, take your toothbrush with ya.....

Date: June 16, 2007 10:56

i just learned that the partial refund offered to ticket holders is "for Montenegrens who paid 100E which included parking" since parking is no longer offered. strange that only Montenegrens would be offered the tickets with parking.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1553
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home