Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I Can't Be Satisfied - Biggest Bang
Posted by: Ross ()
Date: May 31, 2007 22:55

I am watching this at work right now. (Thanks to Danielisdell I got wind of Biggest Bang being available at a Best Buy near me in Ga.).

I can't turn this up but it looks & sounds way cool. It's just Mick, Keith Ron & Charlie jamming at a soundcheck on this Muddy Water's classic. Mick plays some slide and sounds great!

This alone is worth the $30!

I can't wait to see the rest of this!

Re: I Can't Be Satisfied - Biggest Bang
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 31, 2007 22:56

Nice! Can't wait to get the DVD!
Keep the reviews coming, would love to hear more about the DVD!

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: May 31, 2007 23:02

Ross stop it, or the Rolling Stones CIA will catch you and kill ya!
smiling smiley

gave us new review as soon as you can you lucky man!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 31, 2007 23:03

far out - glad it's grooving you :E
can you let us know which track list is right, the Canadian site's or Bestbuy's?
(one telltale difference: are Bitch and Start Me Up included the Austin show?
the Canadian site says they are, but Bestbuy doesn't mention them.)

ps: here's "the Canadian site" that lists more numbers than Bestbuy:
[www.futureshop.ca]
(thanks to FreddySholtz & AdamS for the link!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-31 23:11 by with sssoul.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: May 31, 2007 23:06

That is so cool. Wish they'd played it on stage! I like that Mick is getting into slide these days. Always thought he was an underrated guitar player - well, at least on rhythm. Don't know if he can solo so much as a note, but he has a good feel.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: May 31, 2007 23:09

Sounds cool. I wondered about that one when I saw it on the tracklist because I didn't remember them playing it in concert on this tour. It's funny how the tracks on this DVD most anticipated by the hardcore fans are the ones that were rarely played in concert.

Date: May 31, 2007 23:23

Hey, I purchased it legit! (rare for me!)

Ive just seen bits & pieces of the Austin show. I can't really judge the sound quality on this laptop at work, but Clearmountain mixed it and from what I can tell it is great.

"Bob Wills Is Still the King" is wonderful. Good version of Sway but not the best I've heard. The camaras are still too jumpy for my taste, but there seems to be some longer shots as it gets going.

The Austin Mini Documentary is mostly footage of them rehearsing "Bob Wills" & "Learning The Game" interspersed with dialog from Hamish Hamilton, the director. Short & sweet , about 5 minutes tops.

As mentioned earlier, the Muddy Waters jam is superb!

The austin disc is great. I will post more when I can watch it full screen and LOUD at home this evening.

Ross

Date: May 31, 2007 23:27

I wonder how "Little T&A" here is. Grateful as I was Keith finally played it on this tour, most of the versions that I heard (including the one I saw live in Louisville) were a bit spotty.

Date: May 31, 2007 23:30

With sssoul,

This does NOT include Bitch or SMU from Austin. The second disc appears to be the same, but there are several extra tracks listed on the 3rd disc according to that link. I wonder if there is a longer version in Canada or if there was som additional editing done after they compiled that list.

Ross

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: May 31, 2007 23:31

from nick,

to those who have it again, can you please let us know if bitch and start me up are included on the austin show, you can never get enough of bitch, one song i don't mind getting multiple live versions of, any info is appreciated

Date: May 31, 2007 23:33

ahh ... thanks Ross! is the Shanghai Gimmie Shelter also just their imagination?

Date: May 31, 2007 23:35

with sssoul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ahh ... thanks Ross! is the Shanghai Gimmie
> Shelter also just their imagination?

Shanghai "Gimme Shelter" on here according to the booklet!

Ross

Date: May 31, 2007 23:36

awright! have some popcorn to go with it :E

Date: May 31, 2007 23:37

theimposter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder how "Little T&A" here is. Grateful as I
> was Keith finally played it on this tour, most of
> the versions that I heard (including the one I saw
> live in Louisville) were a bit spotty.

Not so good, too many horns for my liking. Still, it's good to see Keef having a bash at it!

Ross

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 31, 2007 23:38

From what I remembered...T&A lasted longer than it should have. take the horns out...the guitar "solo"..slim it down to 3 minutes and we're good

Date: May 31, 2007 23:40

Well, I didn't mind the horns so much ... you know Keith, he loves putting horns on the damn songs! But most versions I have heard have found him struggling to remember the words as well as the chords. sloppy and fun for sure, but could have been better rehearsed. Honestly, my favorite live version is the X-Spensive Winos version from the Palladium in 1988. Great feel to it!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 31, 2007 23:44

Yeah keith sure likes those horns...did he add them to "Infamy" too?

I don't like that he does that. The rockers should not have any horns...the ballads..fine.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: May 31, 2007 23:47

I am jealous you are watching this right now. Wish they do I can't Be Satisfied on stage.

And yes Imfamy included horns and didn't have Mick's harmonica live, which was a real disappointment. I thought the harmonica was great on the studio version.

Date: June 1, 2007 00:12

Keith adds the horns to EVERYTHING starting with the Bridges tour. Well, except maybe "You Got the Silver" (thankfully). But he's always had a fetish for them; since day one he has stated he wished "Satisfaction" had horns on it. I actually didn't mind the brass on "Before They Make Me Run" and "Wanna Hold You" too much. And as far as "T&A", well, they only played 3 little notes, and they weren't too intrusive IMO.

Date: June 1, 2007 00:17

New discovery - Bitch plays during the credits on disc 1! Gotta be the Austin version! So we do get the audio!

Ross

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: June 1, 2007 00:23

from nick,

hey ross, is the bitch the whole song during the credits for austin or just a snippet, thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1786
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home