Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: The Who cancel concert in Zurich (Switzerland)
Posted by: Bruce ()
Date: May 30, 2007 21:57

The show of The Who that was scheduled for June 14th in Zurich (Switzerland) was cancelled today due to reasons related to "production technology" (Whatever that means...). It's too bad the show won't be happening, as I had golden circle tickets and was really looking forward to it. It was supposed to be the 2nd concert highlight after The Stones in Lausanne in August.

I saw The Who last year in Locarno - and it was brilliant!

But then, I heard that ticket sales were really bad for the The Who in Zurich...

Re: OT: The Who cancel concert in Zurich (Switzerland)
Posted by: lodge ()
Date: May 30, 2007 22:14

Unfortunately the Who was the worst seller in Locarno last year and I was surprised to see them already again this year in Zurich. Can only imagine that there cancelled it for pour sales and as Barbara is in town for a week and has a concert on the 18th June (which I wonder who will pay such fancy prices) they had an easy excuse for logistical problems. But it's bad, The Who was the very first band I saw in concert in 1975

Date: May 30, 2007 22:22

Lodge - Wow, back in 1975? Must have been awsome, back then. It's just a shame they won't make it to Zurich.

I purchased the CD/DVD from their Locarno gig last year, and it's brilliant! An amazing memory of that incredible night in Ticino. I wish the Stones would also release CD's & DVD's of all their gigs. Just imagine!!!

Date: May 30, 2007 22:23

If they cancel 5 june ahoy i won't cry and drive to werchter smiling smiley

Date: May 30, 2007 22:25

Well, Sister M, I won't make it to Werchter - that's just (a little!!!) too far away for me... But I am sure you (and Dick!) will be having a lot of fun.

Enjoy!

Posted by: Hans-Jo ()
Date: May 30, 2007 22:38

Hello Bruce!

There's a WHO broadcast on NDR on June 11th

[www.ard.de]

maybe that's some comfort for you?

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: May 30, 2007 22:59

>Hope they <ont cancel Parins on the 6th...that's the reason I'm not going to Werchter...or if they do, hope they do it in advance as in Zurich

Date: May 30, 2007 23:06

look at this, this is an official brooker website.. never seen this before..

[www.onlineticketshop.nl]

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: May 30, 2007 23:59

Anybody knows about the ticket sales for Fulda/Germany June 9? Hope they won't cancel that one.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: May 31, 2007 04:35

Anybody knows about the ticket prices for their shows?

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: May 31, 2007 16:26

The Fuldaer Zeitung (local newspaper) printed a two-page report from Madrid with interviews with Pete plus Roger by their editor on Monday May 21st! The head of Fulda Kulturamt (bureau for culture of the city) is also interviewed. He says that he is "satisfied" and that pre sales "are doing well". Only in february there was a drop in requests. He is sure that the locals know "that there is enough space" (former US helicopter-airport) and will order right before the concert. But he is also aware that there the Stones in Frankfurt and Aerosmith (10 June) in Butzbach are competing with the Who.

Date: May 31, 2007 16:32

Thanks for the info, JJHMick. Feel better now!

Date: May 31, 2007 19:25

Bummer! I had hoped to hit that show in between Stones Frankfurt and Paris shows....
The Who are playing on the same dates as Stones Frankfurt and Paris shows so their timing kinda sucks...

Date: May 31, 2007 20:52

Hey Hans-Jo

That's really nice of you - I had no idea there would be a live broadcast! Of course I will be tuning in on June 11! Thanks a lot, mate!!!

Date: May 31, 2007 22:04

stickydion asked: Anybody knows about the ticket prices for their shows?
For Fulda (June 9) I paid 60 € for standing GA. Seating category 80 €.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2008
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home