Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

shine a light soundtrack
Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: May 25, 2007 21:15

from nick

there has to be a soundtrack released with the movie right?, so maybe this will be the live cd from this tour, from the beacon, this would make everyone happy, the movie sounds as if it is going to be along the lines or paul mccartney's or aerosmith's dvds, where the songs are interrupted with interviews and not many full length performances will be shown,

Re: shine a light soundtrack
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 25, 2007 22:31

Mick said there wouldnt be a live CD

As I've mentioned before, I have my doubts as to how much of the Beacon shows will be included in this film. When you consider its a documentary as opposed to a straight concer film, that there'll probably be some feature regarding the Clinton gala side of it, plus the fact that there's going to be archive footage included, that doesnt leave an awful lot of room for Beacon concert footage from what I can see in a film that will probably run at no more than two hours maximum.

Hope I'm wrong,but I sense a bit of an anti climax for those who are under the impression that we're going to be treated to about 15 songs or so from these shows.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: May 25, 2007 22:32

at least the shows were filmed, it seems like the complete versions will almost have to show up as bootlegs at some point

Date: May 25, 2007 22:33

well..theres an audience film of one of the shows for sure. I know that someone was trying to sell it for a high price

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: May 25, 2007 22:40

They would have to redo the vocals as Mick's voice was not the greatest at the Beacon.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 25, 2007 23:08

It'd be nice to have the movie follow the same style or format as Chuck Berry's "Hail, Hail Rock and Roll" where in 2 hours..we get a great distribution of interviews/backstage stuff and then end with a pretty good run through of the concert.

It'd be even better if Scorcese followed "hail, hail's" lead completely and released a huge box set of everything (the full concerts and interviews/footage).

Doubt he'd shower us with ALL those goodies, but the DVD release, hopefully, might be at least a 2 DVD set with one full concert.

Date: May 25, 2007 23:54

Was hoping the DVD re-releases of The Last Waltz would be 'extended' like the CD rerelease was, but unfortunately not.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 26, 2007 00:09

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Was hoping the DVD re-releases of The Last Waltz
> would be 'extended' like the CD rerelease was, but
> unfortunately not.

Hopefully Scorcese is feeling generous this time around with the Stones....

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: May 26, 2007 01:00

The DVD with all the "Extras" will be the real Gem to have. The initial Theater showings will just be a part of what we will eventually get to see and hear.....

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: May 26, 2007 02:01

My guess would be that the film will not focus on the music, but rather the "surviving" band members...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1462
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home