Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT Buddy Guy in Tenerife!!!
Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: May 25, 2007 00:43

Hola!!
Very excited!!
Buddy Guy is coming June 8th ay Santa Cruz, he is platingh at the Santa Blues Tenerife Festival 2007!! Next weekend Zora Young, next one is Albert Cummings and to finish the festival Popa Cuvi, during the weeks Blues classes local band will play at Santa Cruz downtown, all concert are free on the streets.
I´d love to hear from you, influences from this GUY, songs they played from him, etc, I know Richards play in his previous album Bring´m in,

Carlitos
Tenerife

Poster of the event last year Blues Festival 2006

Re: OT Buddy Guy in Tenerife!!!
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 25, 2007 06:43

The Stones have always liked Buddy Guy; he was part of the Chess Records label in Chicago where their main man Muddy Water king.

In 1970 the Stones asked Buddy and also Junior Wells to tour with them in Europe, and Buddy has opened the show for them in America at least once. Believe he also got the spotlight when the Stones did the Beacon shows last October.

He was quite the fiery stud, as I remember when I saw him in 1970. Saw him in Seattle in 2003 (I believe) He'd aged, to say the least, and no longer moved around the stage as much. But he's boound to be to be enjoyable in Tenerife. Hope you have a wonderful time!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 25, 2007 08:34

I recently saw Buddy in Singapore. I have seen him numerous times in Detroit, and I have to say he was great! He is 72 and man he played very hard and sang with so much soul and grace. He also went into the audiance jamming to Mustang Sally. It was a short show, but worth it to see such a legend still cranking out high quality music and clearly enjoying himself in the process.
Go for it!

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: May 25, 2007 08:35

You are lucky Carlos! Do you know if he plays in Madrid?

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 25, 2007 09:02

Hola!
*Envy* Buddy @#$%& Guy!
Please review, if ya go!
Ike Turner - would also be interesting to hear that woman-beater.
Cause he is a magician when it somes to music.

Posted by: Hotstuff ()
Date: May 25, 2007 09:18

Buddy will play in Barcelona next seven of june at Sala Apolo.

Posted by: kennydice58 ()
Date: May 25, 2007 13:58

hi Carlitos on the same bill is paul lamb and the kingsnakes blues harmonica master beleive me go and see em carlos you will not be disapointed i know him very well seen them many times over the years
Cheers kenny wilson from bonnie scotland

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 25, 2007 15:43

He's here in St. Louis tonight playing at a big BBQ event, only $4 to get in!

I've seen him 3-4 times, always puts on a great show.

Posted by: ComeOn ()
Date: May 25, 2007 17:11

so with all that travelling/touring I guess he is not home in Chicago in right time for a gig at the bluesfestival there this summer ? ( What a shame ! )

Posted by: nashville ()
Date: May 25, 2007 17:17

Wow! - Albie Donnelly and Supercharge - saw them at Manchester Uni back in 1978.

anyone remember "She Moved The Dishes First"

Andy

Posted by: dougie ()
Date: May 25, 2007 18:00

Saw him last month at B.B. Kings Blues Club in New York. Great Show! His 'other guitarist' is also excellent! Have seen him over 10 times- he puts on a very good show every time!

Posted by: kennydice58 ()
Date: May 25, 2007 22:59

also albert cummings excellent guitarist also would recomend him also i have 3 of his albums cheers kennydice from bonnie scotland

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: May 25, 2007 23:02

Last year while in Chicago we decided to check out his club Legend's. There was already a band on stage, etc. Buddy himself was sitting at the bar watching a baseball game and being reasonably sociable to anyone who approached him.

Posted by: Odd-beat ()
Date: May 26, 2007 04:25

I don't want to merely live in the past, but have you seen Guy in the DVD film "Festival Express"? Electrifying!!

Date: May 26, 2007 04:55

Many Thanks Odd Beat, just started to download the Festival Express,

I will post the new poster of this year 2007
Keep in touch and approaching to D day,

I went to see Pirates tonite and no tickets, all sold out in Santa Cruz, just saw ZODIAC, interesting movie about the Bay Area killer, great 70´s ambiance unvealible!!! But the mistake of the film, was told twice by the main detective and the main character of SF Chronicle

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: May 26, 2007 06:53

Buddy always puts on a great show... living in Chicago, we get a chance to see him often, mostly at Legends (he plays there for approx 16-18 shows every January) and we always arrive early and get a table front center. The original 'Legends' will be closing soon and relocating - still haven't heard where the new location will be. While touring in Chicago back in January of 2003, I believe it was Mick, Ronnie & Lisa that showed up at Legends during one of Buddy's shows. Unfortunately, we were a few nights off!

Make sure to catch his show.... try to get up front. He works the crowd well - you will not be disappointed!! Buddy is truly a legend!!!

Date: May 28, 2007 02:54

Here´s the poster of this year

carlitos
tenerife

Date: May 28, 2007 02:55

and here´s the logo,

Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: May 28, 2007 02:55

he is playing in Barcelona as well,

Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: June 7, 2007 02:47

One day for Buddy Guy concert... next Friday, I´ll post pictures and videos
And coming soon, well next week end the begining of the XVI Canarias Jazz Festival, this year, Joe Coker,Chuck Loeb, Charlie Haden, Chick Corea and Gary Burton, Chucho and Bebo Valdes, Joe Zawinul & The Zawinul Syndicate, The Rippingtons , Kevin Mahogany , Claudia Acuña, Joe Magnarelli & Dave Santoro Quintet, Charmin Michelle Quintet, Christian Scott Quintet, and Josh Dion Band, have you listen or watch them live?
What about Josh Dion Band, and last album of Joe Cocker?

[www.canariasjazz.com]
Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: June 11, 2007 00:26

Electric concert of Buddy Guy this last Friday, I am gonna post pics and videos of the concert, review as well.
He sounded very Keith Richards, sometimes he posses as Jagger and played lots of tunes played by the Stones, he jumped off the stage ane started to walk around the streets and get into the bars when his band was playing absolutely amazing, people from Barcelona get ready for Buddy incredible!!!!

Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: June 11, 2007 00:40

I got his autograph for you guys IORR people and chat about Stones and his little vacation at the island of Tenerife, will post the autograph, video when he jumped off the stage and shots from the concert,
Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: June 11, 2007 03:52

Buddy last Friday, jumping in the stage of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, he started with Firs TimeI met the Blues and after that the way you benn treating me and others...

Date: June 11, 2007 03:53

Here with some posses kinda Mick Jagger...

Date: June 11, 2007 04:00

The moment he jumped off the stage and started to play among the crowd and streets, he came into a bar and walk though the people around the stage, just incredible and amazing and playing the guitar furiously!! in a moment he sit down in a bar and played there for a woman, he is 70´s something and in a great form!!

Date: June 11, 2007 04:02

Me Buddy Guy behind me on Santa Cruz de Tenerife Streets, can´t believe it!!!

Carlitos
tenerife

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 11, 2007 10:39

Is that you on the last pictures, Carlitos?
Thanks millions for posting!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-11 10:39 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: Cat ()
Date: June 11, 2007 10:56

Hi Carlitos,

sounds like you enjoyed it a lot :-)
I saw Buddy Guy last summer - it was fantastic
quite an experience

Date: June 11, 2007 12:16

Yes, that´s me in the last 4 pics with glasses and jeans shirt after 4 or 5 beers,

Carlitos
Tenerife

Baboon Bro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is that you on the last pictures, Carlitos?
> Thanks millions for posting!!

Date: June 11, 2007 12:24

Here we go with the videos I took,

what a great guitar man!!!

Carlitos
Tenerife

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2037
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home