Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: bad werchter sale
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 25, 2007 09:53

Baboon Bro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is there other places than Frankfurt & Werchter with bad sales?

Nijmegen, Rome, Düsseldorf, Hamburg...

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: May 25, 2007 10:46

20.000... I cannot even count to 20.000. It's almost as much as the O2 but then slightly different.

Jelle

Posted by: Berten001 ()
Date: May 25, 2007 12:01

Good one Jelle!

Thomas - tables turning now, her time to cry -

Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: May 25, 2007 12:06

This tour could be a poor 'farewell' tour..

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 25, 2007 13:14

This tour will be a world record for a lot of years.

Posted by: Ludwig8745 ()
Date: May 25, 2007 13:29

1962 Wrote:
> This tour will be a world record for a lot of
> years.

Beside the fact that it already is a world record tour I've nothing to add.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: May 25, 2007 13:30

This tour... this tour... Give us a break, will you?

How many bands/artists fill stadiums city to city, year after year, tour after tour.
And this time the situation is different with a lot of acts touring Europe. And the Stones were last in line to sell their tickets.

But I think they will sell many tickets the last week before the shows.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 25, 2007 14:36

Thommie Wrote:
>> And this time the situation is different with a
> lot of acts touring Europe. And the Stones were
> last in line to sell their tickets.

The funny thing is that you know that, I know that and everybody here knows that - and all but a few hopeless optimists realised that this plus the fact that their prices were higher than everyone else plus the fact that a lot of previous ticket buyers are naturally going to be a bit more careful after last year's shambles, was going to have an adverse affect on their ability to fill every one of the vast venues in which they optimistically decided to book at very short notice.

And even when they did choose to announce the shows two months ago, several weeks later there were still lots of those shows were the tickets hadnt even gone on sale.

Even more amazing is the fact that there are people being paid large sums of money to make decisions as hare brained as these.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 25, 2007 17:43

Yeah some heads gotta roll.
Like your way of expressing the package, Gaz.

Posted by: beast of burgk ()
Date: May 25, 2007 17:51

erikjjf Wrote:
> Baboon Bro Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Is there other places than Frankfurt & Werchter
> with bad sales?
>
> Nijmegen, Rome, Düsseldorf, Hamburg...

That's exactly what I expected.

It would not have happened if they had scheduled Erfurt, Dresden and Rostock instead of Frankfurt, Dusseldorf, Hamburg. To book both Dusseldorf AND Nijmegen is absurd (distance is just something like 50-60 km!!). I don't know what Cohl and the local promotors intended with this - as for West Europe - strange schedule.

The example San Sebastian shows that "new" towns/ regions sell extraordinary well, while the "usual" regions fail.

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: May 25, 2007 18:27

Düsseldorf should sell extremely well as about 5 Mio people live in a circle of less than 50 km. Price-average 20-30€ less and all German shows would sell-out during days.

Date: May 25, 2007 18:35

For the average rock fan I reckon its tough to sort among all the geriatric rockers... ? Almost some kind of inflation there now...
In the population-dense zoned this gotta be a problem.

Maybe Wyman is the wisest after all, playing all the virgin grounds
(he knows that idea since before....winking smileywinking smileywinking smiley )...

As me & Elmo we use to say: They should have played in Northern
Sweden and in Southern Georgia (macon) instead of the 'ordinary' routes.

Not playing Trondheim was a mistake. Denmark: Maybe Fyn next time?
Finland: Vasa-Seinäjoki or even more Northwards?

Posted by: beast of burgk ()
Date: May 25, 2007 18:35

RollingStonesFan Wrote:
> Düsseldorf should sell extremely well as about 5
> Mio people live in a circle of less than 50 km.
> Price-average 20-30€ less and all German shows
> would sell-out during days.

Nobody cares about how big the population of a region is if it is OVERSATURATED by the group because there were too many shows 1995-2006.

It would be much easier to sell out the Ostseestadion Rostock for the Stones then to sell the same number of tix in Cologne or Dusseldorf this year. This is no joke. Just look to San Sebastian or Regina, CA on the fall tour where even a second show had to be arranged.

But I agree; if tix would cost 30 € less, it would be no problem to sell out the scheduled West German shows. But it just ain't like that ;-) That's the point.

Date: May 25, 2007 18:44

glimmer twin 81 has told us the prices are not high at all winking smiley
And he gotta know doesnt he.. ?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 25, 2007 19:25

beast of burgk Wrote:
> That's exactly what I expected.
> It would not have happened if they had scheduled Erfurt, Dresden and Rostock instead of Frankfurt, Dusseldorf, Hamburg.

And why didn't they?
Because no promotor in Eastern Germany would take the risk after Leipzig 2006.
It is obvious Cohl and the band consider Leipzig and Dresden to be in the same region/market. They are not THAT far apart.

> To book both Dusseldorf AND Nijmegen is absurd (distance is just something like 50-60 km!!).

Lyon and Lausanne are also pretty close. But they are different markets.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: May 25, 2007 19:30

To be honest, as for Werchter i don't know what exactly "packed venue" does mean. I'm a bit confused. In 2003 they played in front of 70,000 (plus) but in 1998 they had two sellouts with 95,000 tikcets which means 47,500 per show.

Who knows, maybe that's the big "facility" at huge fields- contrary to the stadiums: you can present a decent venue's picture even if the crowd is much smaller than the real capacity. IMO that's the reason why the Stones are doing their two first gigs in fieldes (Festival Sites). No real promotion so far. They consider tour's start itself as tour's promotion, i guess. They knew that promotion's abcence, in relation to the extremely short time between announcing tour- selling tickets and concerts dates, would affect the sales for the first concerts. That's why the two first gigs will take place in Festival Sites instead of stadiums. I don't like M. Cohl, but i think he knows what he is doing everytime...

Date: May 25, 2007 20:16

Thommie wrote:
"This tour... this tour... Give us a break, will you? How many bands/artists fill stadiums city to city, year after year, tour after tour.
And this time the situation is different with a lot of acts touring Europe. And the Stones were last in line to sell their tickets. But I think they will sell many tickets the last week before the shows."

Totaly agree.

bart-man wrote: "This tour could be a poor 'farewell' tour..."

Oh, really? Do you mean the whole ABB tour or just the european leg of the summer of 2007?
In the first case, allow me to remind you of a "detail": despite the high frequency of the Stones tours in the last years, despite the prices, the band played to 3.6 million people so far- not including Rio's free concert. Know something? The number is already bigger than 1981/82 attendance. So "poor"...

In the second case, allow me to notice that, according to what fans report here, sales are already good, very good or extrtemely good for the following gigs: Paris, Lyon, San Sebastian, Bucharest, Budapest, Helsinki, Gothenburg, Copenhagen, Oslo, Slane, London. I don't know how the sales are going in some other places, like Belgrade, but we can already count 13 gigs being near to sellout - or even sellout already. In some cases (Lisbon, Rome) the sales are slow, for the time being.
So, if you consider - for example- as "disaster" having been sold 50% of the tickets for Dusseldorf and Hamburg gigs, witch will take place in the middle August, then sorry, but i couldn't accept your logic. And if you think - an example again- that the stadiums in Madrid and Barcelona finally will be only 65-70% packed, sorry, i can't share your predictions.

Posted by: WilcoMick ()
Date: May 25, 2007 22:11

Any info how many tickets are sold for Nijmegen?

Wilco

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 25, 2007 22:14

I've always wondered how an indoor show can be in an outdoor Site. Never too late to get that kind of an experience.

Date: May 25, 2007 22:17

The Amsterdam ArenA can be indoor or stadium, depending on the roof closed or open. With the Stones so far always closed.

Wilco

Date: May 25, 2007 23:02

Oooh. I just meant to attend a Stones concert among 20,000 people in a place dimensionned for 75,000. But maybe that's what you meant also. Shame they did not book for Amsterdam Arena this year.

Date: May 25, 2007 23:16

Come on guys... Anyone prepared to bet that the Stones will play at Werchter in front of 23,000 people? Is anybody here? I don't think so...

Posted by: glimmer twin 81 ()
Date: May 25, 2007 23:17

Baboon Bro Wrote:
> glimmer twin 81 has told us the prices are not
> high at all winking smiley
> And he gotta know doesnt he.. ?

cheers

you are so right

Date: May 26, 2007 13:24

phd Wrote:
> Oooh. I just meant to attend a Stones concert
> among 20,000 people in a place dimensionned for
> 75,000. But maybe that's what you meant also.
> Shame they did not book for Amsterdam Arena this
> year.

Oh I get it. I think it would be embarrassing to attend a show in an almost empty stadium. But with Werchter I think it's less terrible, they will make the field look smaller, for some 30.000 or so.

Wilco

Date: May 26, 2007 13:43

Meet you there then.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: May 26, 2007 18:56

"
Geen concertbussen voor optredens Rolling Stones en George Michael

Op dinsdag 5 juni 2007 geven de Rolling Stones een concert op de festivalweide in Werchter. Enkele weken later, op 23 juni, is het de beurt aan George Michael.

Aangezien de NMBS voor beide concerten geen extra treinritten inlegt, zal De Lijn geen speciale busdienst organiseren.

Tijdens Rock Werchter en TW Classics kunt u naar goede gewoonte natuurlijk wel beroep doen op onze festivalbussen.
"
[www.delijn.be]

(Since the railways don't schedule extra trains for the concerts, there will be no additional public bus services either. Don't know if and until what time there are regular buses to the site, and if there are private companies running buses to e.g. Brussels or Leuven.)

Date: May 26, 2007 19:11

Sad, sad. But things can change. Hopes....

Date: May 26, 2007 19:24

glimmer twin 81 Wrote:
> Baboon Bro Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > glimmer twin 81 has told us the prices are not
> > high at all winking smiley
> > And he gotta know doesnt he.. ?
>
>
> cheers
>
> you are so right

I suggest they take out three times the current sum for the tix.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: May 26, 2007 22:25

between the 82 tour and the 89 tour,there are 7 years and the people where happy to see the stones again.Now,between the 89 and 2007 they did 4 tours,approx 4-5 years between each tour.maybe are the people tired of the stones

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: May 26, 2007 22:49

I could be that some people, in spite of some opinions on this board, find that the ticket prices are a bit heavy. For example, you can see Bob Dylan for half the price. I have never paid more than ca 50 euros to see a top act.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1487
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home