Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

SACD Remastered Series BOXSET --> a rip-off or not???
Posted by: mrrockandroll ()
Date: May 17, 2007 11:50

[www.amazon.com]

This is a fabulous boxset... my heart went beating faster when I saw it... but then I looked at the price, and read in the comments that Hot Rocks etc aren't included. Is this boxset worth its money or is it a total ripoff, and I'd better by those cd's seperate???

Btw... is it possible that someone stated on this board a little while ago that the SACD series are going out of print??? If so, must I be pretty quick with bying them? or will they be available the next two years because they're printed in large amounts???

Re: SACD Remastered Series BOXSET --> a rip-off or not???
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 17, 2007 11:59

Agree that 33 usd x cd is a lot of money. At least here in europe you can find them easily for 15 euros - 20 usd.

By the way, you should worry if the SACD series is going out of print only if you actually have a SACD player. If not, your life will go on as always.

C

Posted by: mrrockandroll ()
Date: May 17, 2007 12:14

yeah allright... but I mean the SACD series come in a beautiful digipack, whereas the normal DSD remastered series come in a normal jewel case... that's why I want to have those SACD versions (but they are expensive pffiewwww).

Re: digipacks
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 17, 2007 12:27

digipacks are cute, except when the "teeth" that hold the disks in place break -
which they usually do in the post (90% of the music i want i can only get by post from abroad,
so i have way too much experience with this sorry phenomenon).
jewel cases break too, of course, but you just stick the disk and artwork in a new jewel case and you're fine.
when a digipack breaks what can you do - holding the disk in place with chewing gum isn't real practical.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-17 12:40 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 17, 2007 12:34

Move the SACD disc to a normal jewel case so
that it gets the wear and tear and not the digi-case....

Similair to box-sets...continual use sure knocks 'em about real damn quick.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 17, 2007 12:36

mrrockandroll Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yeah allright... but I mean the SACD series come
> in a beautiful digipack, whereas the normal DSD
> remastered series come in a normal jewel case...
> that's why I want to have those SACD versions (but
> they are expensive pffiewwww).

You can find them easily in digipack version as individuals too.

C

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 17, 2007 15:29

amazon.com actually has the SACDs fairly reasonably priced - about $18 each at the time that I picked up most of em when I read the post about them going out of print. The Japanese ones are more - like $35 for the exact same content/quality as the UK ones, which oddly enough still come with the Japanese writing so not sure what's goin on there. I too love the Japanese pressing - The mini-LPs that they do. I have Ronnie's 1234 and Taylor's debut like this as well, and I love em both. Very much worth picking up the stones SACDs.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: May 17, 2007 15:34

nice to have, I bought all the digipacks
the sound is excellent. However we could have hoped a real multichannel version. These discs are only 2 channels masterings.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: May 17, 2007 15:54

I bought the entire series when it was released. The sound is absolutely amazing. Which IMO reflects the price. And of course there aren't so many available now. The most expensive one I bought was The London Years. £35.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 17, 2007 15:58

They might sound nearly as good as the original pressings on the old black vinyl ;^)

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: May 17, 2007 16:59

I have been through a lot thanks to this Box.
You'd better catch if you want to experience Brave New World.

Btw, 200g LP will come out this August with double jacket sleeve.
[www.universalmusicworld.jp]
It's about $50.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: May 17, 2007 17:30

I got the entire cd set from Red Trumpet for under $200 US when first released. Total rip off...Heck, I got both European and US vinyl DSD sets for under $200.

Cant believe that they charge $300 for just a box to keep them in...

JR

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 17, 2007 18:04

Buy them individually now. They are drying up. You can wait, and you will probably always find them used, but condition becomes a problem, especially with digipaks!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 17, 2007 22:50

The Sympathy for the Devil CD single that came out at the same time as the remasters has a 5.1 SACD version which sounds awesome.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1590
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home