Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith Richards Rolls Into Action Figure World
Posted by: Crackinup ()
Date: May 16, 2007 00:00

Keith Richards To Become An Action Figure
Rolling Stone To Appear As Figure Based On 'Pirates' Role
Tim Lammers, Web Staff Editor

POSTED: 12:08 pm CDT May 15, 2007

E-mail this story | Print this story

Keith Richards is rolling into the action figure world for the first time -- as one of the "Pirates of the Caribbean."

According to Randy Falk, director of product development for the National Entertainment Collectibles Association, the company has secured the exclusive rights to produce an action figure of Richards' character, Captain Teague Sparrow, from the upcoming "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End."

The film trilogy's star, Johnny Depp, has often in press interviews referred to Richards as the inspiration for his portrayal of the bumbling pirate, Captain Jack Sparrow. The famed Rolling Stones guitarist, in turn, agreed to do a cameo in the new film.

The production of the figure is a coup for the New Jersey-based NECA, made possible through company owner Joel Weinshanker's strong contacts in the music business, Falk said.

"Richards was not and is not part of the merchandising program with anybody else," Falk said in an @ The Movies interview Tuesday. "We did a deal with him directly due to a relationship that Joel has from working with the Stones in the past."

Falk said that Richards' Captain Teague figure would be available in both 7-inch and 18-inch form.

"People will be able to have Keith Richards as Jack Sparrow's dad on their toy shelves sometime later this summer," Falk enthused.

NECA has previously produced 7-inch and 18-inch action figures based on the first two "Pirates of the Caribbean" films. In addition to Captain Jack, the company has released detailed action figures of Will Turner (Orlando Bloom), Elizabeth Swann (Keira Knightley), Captain Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush) and Davy Jones (Bill Nighy).

Falk wasn't able to release photos of Richards' figure because studio Disney has been keeping all photos of Teague under wraps.

NECA has produced action figures, prop replicas and other related merchandise for several films, including "300," "Grindhouse," "Sin City," "Kill Bill" and "Shaun of the Dead."

Last year, NECA became the first company to produce an action figure of the iconic film villain Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins) from "The Silence of the Lambs."

The company is also producing action figures and related merchandise for the Harry Potter movie franchise, including the upcoming "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix."

Re: Keith Richards Rolls Into Action Figure World
Posted by: czr ()
Date: May 17, 2007 23:34

Sounds cool,

I'm only gonna buy if it comes with a skull ring & hancuff bracelet.
RRRRRRRRR!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 17, 2007 23:36

I'm toying with the idea of buying one...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: May 17, 2007 23:55

Yes, would it be greedy to opt for the 18"?

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 18, 2007 00:01

This is the action figure of Jack Sparrow (johnny depp), it gives a hint of what Keith's figure will look like.

Posted by: stonesrick ()
Date: May 18, 2007 00:01

I can't decide on whether to go for the 7inch or 18inch... but does size really matter?

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: May 18, 2007 00:02

Definitely!

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 18, 2007 00:21

Stargroves Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Definitely!

me too, the first doll i will have since i was 8 and had a g.i. joe...I'm in!
it's too silly i know...but i'm gettin' one...probably the seven inch...
then i'll get a barbie and twist-tie her to keiths feet...after choosing the perfect spring outfit and coloring in some nipples with a sharpie...and then I guess, I'll have to try to explain all this to some psychologist. ohboy. disney gets my rock and roll dollar after all...can't wait for the anita action figure...i've got some preliminary sketches going right now...disney keeps hanging up on me...but there's always hasbro. she can do things that barbie can't, according to my prototype...you push a little button and her legs...well, i don't want to ruin the surprise.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 19, 2007 16:25

I hope it's made in good quality. I've seen some action figures that looks nothing like the actor. I hope Todd McFarlane would make it. Those figures look amazing.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: MICK_JAGGER ()
Date: May 19, 2007 20:36

MAN! i cannot wait, i knew they'd do a keith as teague figure, im a huge action figure collector and i really hope that this figure will open the door for a whole set of rolling stones action figures (versions from the 70's and ABB tour hopefully)

like MacFarlane, NECA is an excellent company and has usually excellent figure liknesses so the teague figure is going to be a good one.

NECA has done many music figures before (Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Freddy Mercury, Kurt Kobain, John Lennon, Jimmy Page etc etc.) so i am extremely excited if they create rolling stones figures.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: September 16, 2011 01:38

Did this ever appear?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 16, 2011 01:43

uhbuhgullayew
Did this ever appear?

Yep. Mine's standing next to Life in the glass cupboard.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: September 16, 2011 01:51

I found one in the bargain bin for $10. He stands next to the piano.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: September 16, 2011 01:52

Saw a few at TJMaxx or someplace. Quite large in size. Discounted to $5 or $10. Didn't get one. No regrets.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: September 16, 2011 02:32

Does he come with his own dime bag?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 976
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home