Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Albums in concert
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 16, 2007 21:32

KSIE Wrote:
>
> Felix Aeppli,
> [mypage.bluewin.ch]
> df doesn't show Under-Assistant, Good Times, or
> One More Try as having been played live FWIW.

Felix's books are fantastic pieces of research as far as I know only lists known setlists (presumably of circulating recordings). Which isnt much to go on, as there are barely ten concerts prior to 1967 that are in circulation. (In fact, for some reason the only Brian Jones era US show that circulates is what turned out to be his last one - Honolulu '66, and thats because it was a broadcast)
Karnbach's book lists songs played on each leg of a tour. There are some mistakes here and there, but thats to be expected. However, its the best show-by-show account in terms of covering the Brian Jones era in detail.
>
> Doesn't Wyman's big book list songs mostly played
> per tour?

In general, yes. Some mistakes in there, too, however ("Johnny B. Goode" in 1972? Uh.....dont think so)

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: May 16, 2007 22:00

Felix is a monster! Does anyone else have his last one? The one on disc? It is so intricate that I get lost.
Gazza, so is Karnbach the source for "One more Try" and "Under Asst"?
It's weird because I consider RO more reliable than Karnbach.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 16, 2007 22:15

ChelseaDrugstore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Gazza, so is Karnbach the source for "One more
> Try" and "Under Asst"?

It is, yes (as far as I can recall!)

> It's weird because I consider RO more reliable
> than Karnbach.

LOL...well..I used a lot of different sources when researching it. I found some of Karnbach's info a bit wanting when it came to the later years, but there was a wealth of info on the 60's shows compared to other sources, so I drew heavily on that. His book has its critics but there is also some fabulous info there. Nico Zentgraf's site, Felix Aeppli and Ian's "Time is on our side" site are pretty stunning pieces of work too when it comes to detailing the band's history as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-16 22:15 by Gazza.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2118
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home