Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ticket Worry
Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: May 15, 2007 11:09

Should I be getting worried yet? I recieved my Hamburg tickets two days after placing my order. However, I have'nt recieved my tickets for Slane or either of the London shows yet. Is this a bad sign?

Re: Ticket Worry
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: May 15, 2007 11:17

Slane/ London shows aren't till August....
Ticketmaster are notorious for not delivering tickets until 2-3 weeks before showtime.
no need to give yourself blood pressure problems over this issue.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 15, 2007 11:21

Adrian's right about Ticketmaster, you won't see them till early August in all likelihood.

But has anyone received tickets for Barcelona or Madrid ? I received my San Sebastian tickets in 2 days, it's the same ticket agency ? Anyone ?

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: May 15, 2007 11:54

Hamburg eventim are always very fast to process tickets.

Slane some people have started to receive their tickets, dont know if they bought them in the presale.

London I dont expect to receive before the end of July.

Posted by: mightymick ()
Date: May 15, 2007 12:01

i haven't received my tickets for madrid yet, i placed the order on the first
day of the presale...

Date: May 15, 2007 12:49

Just enquired about Barcelona and Madrid tickets and this is what they came back with ...

==========================================

Dear user,

By means of our Purchase monitoring section (left-hand side of the page) you can check that home delivery is being processed at the moment.

Usually tickets are sent the day after the purchase has been made. However, the organizers have not provided us the physical tickets. For this reason they have not been sent yet.

Tickets will be sent as soon as the organizers provide us with them. When sent, you will receive a notice from UPS with tracking information.

This is all the information we have available. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Natalia Lampert
Departamento de Atención al Cliente
TICK TACK TICKET, S.A
a Ticketmaster company
Tel.: 807 288 888
Fax.: 93 412 01 24
mailto:[email protected]
[www.ticktackticket.com]

==========================================

Fair enough I suppose ... ?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 15, 2007 14:19

iamthedj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Should I be getting worried yet? I recieved my
> Hamburg tickets two days after placing my order.
> However, I have'nt recieved my tickets for Slane
> or either of the London shows yet. Is this a bad
> sign?

No..its called German efficiency and British and Irish incompetence

I dont know anyone in Ireland, north or south, who has received Slane tickets in the mail yet and only one or two in mainland UK who have reported getting them. Looks like theyre getting the overseas ones out of the way first.

Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: May 15, 2007 14:35

Werchter is in less than 3 weeks. No tickets have turned up yet. And if ticketbast...s f**k up - I'll sue them for every freakin' dime in their accounts. And pockets. My army of solicitors are a bunch of mean evil guys.

Date: May 15, 2007 15:06

Tralala Wrote:
> Werchter is in less than 3 weeks. No tickets have
> turned up yet. And if ticketbast...s f**k up -
> I'll sue them for every freakin' dime in their
> accounts. And pockets. My army of solicitors are a
> bunch of mean evil guys.

are there any other kind?

I love it when you're angry...... smiling smiley

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 15, 2007 15:24

Tralala Wrote:
> And if ticketbast...s f**k up -
> accounts. And pockets.

Would be fair. The money they have on their accounts and in their pockets are yours.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 15, 2007 15:25

Tralala Wrote:
> Werchter is in less than 3 weeks. No tickets have
> turned up yet. And if ticketbast...s f**k up -
> accounts. And pockets. My army of solicitors are a
> bunch of mean evil guys.

You'll have your tickets by tomorrow. Promise

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 15, 2007 15:58

Why do folks panic so much about tickets ?
OK, so we're happier when they're safely in our hands...but there are contingencies for tickets that don't turn up.
It's certainly an improvemnt on the old days... when nobody knew who'd bought a ticket or which one it was .

Tickets going astray or not landing in time can obviously be an inconvenience...but that's pretty much all.

Date: May 15, 2007 16:16

Spud Wrote:
> Why do folks panic so much about tickets ?
> OK, so we're happier when they're safely in our
> hands...but there are contingencies for tickets
> that don't turn up.
> It's certainly an improvemnt on the old days...
> when nobody knew who'd bought a ticket or which
> one it was .
>
> Tickets going astray or not landing in time can
> obviously be an inconvenience...but that's pretty
> much all.

Because people are quite often away from home (in most cases that's the chosen destination address) for up to a couple of weeks before ending up at the venue for the show they've bought tickets for. So a fat lot of good it is if useless agencies like Ticketmaster only exhibit a capability to get your tickets to you a week to ten days before the event ? For example ... I'm seeing the Stones in El Ejido on 30th June. But I'm ALSO going to Paris, Lyon etc etc, so all in all I'm away from home from the morning of the 16th. It's not that difficult to understand, surely ? Yes, of course there are contingencies, but what irks most folks about Ticketmaster in particular is that they stand out like a sore thumb when it comes to ticket despatch. How come ? Why can almost any other agency in Europe manage to despatch tickets within a matter of weeks (if that), whereby Ticketmaster .... Oh no. Not them, only a week to ten before the event for them, and f*** the customer, even though it might be a right royal pain in the a**e for them !!

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: May 15, 2007 17:32

Gazza Wrote:
> iamthedj Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
>
>
> No..its called German efficiency and British and
> Irish incompetence
>

Don't get me started with that...My 2006 Koln experience was one of my worst ever.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 15, 2007 19:13

paulywaul wrote

"Because people are quite often away from home (in most cases that's the chosen destination address) for up to a couple of weeks before ending up at the venue for the show they've bought tickets for"

Point taken. That hadn't occurred to this poor soul,
[who can only ever afford the one show and then can't afford to do anything else before the show except wait at home for the ticket ;^) ]

I'm certainly no fan of Ticketmaster...but my main issues are with the way tickerts are distributed and sold...not how they're delivered

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-15 19:14 by Spud.

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: May 15, 2007 19:15

My Slane ticket arrived today.

Will relax a bit more when my Werchter ticket comes though

Date: May 15, 2007 21:07

Another mate of mine in Northern Ireland got his Slane tickets today too....so I guess theyre starting to come through.

However, from experience, ticketmaster in Ireland tend to send tickets out a lot more promptly than their counterparts in the UK

Posted by: gregsmart79 ()
Date: May 16, 2007 00:15

My tickets for Slane arrived today :-)

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: May 16, 2007 16:07

My Slane tickets arrived today also. I have to say that I'm beside m'self with rage though...as stated on the ticketb***rd thread elsewhere, my brown envelope arrived and not gummed down at all. Not even an attempt made.

I realise - like i said elsewhere - that obviously if I KNEW that my ticket should have arrived around now, and IF it had gotten lost, I could have had the useless friggers re-issue them. But of course as ticketmaster Ireland don't mail you to let you know they've dispatched your order, that was never gonna happen.

Anyhoo - because i enjoy banging my head of a brick wall while SIMULTANEOUSLY urinating in the face of a wind blowing straight back at me, I'm gonna write to them and tell them that for a 'service charge' of €25.40, i'd like to think they can afford one of those sponge things you wet and use to seal envelopes...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-16 16:11 by textmonkey.

Date: May 18, 2007 14:40

My Slane tickets arrived yesterday. The envelope was even sealed. I feel honoured!

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: May 18, 2007 19:21

Has anyone living in the UK received their Werchter tickets yet?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1974
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home