Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Everclear gives props to Stones
Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: May 14, 2007 11:13

I'm in Vancouver on business and saw that Everclear was playing tonight. Halfway through the set, Art, their lead singer says, "About a year and a half we opened two shows for the Rolling Stones and we're still bragging about it. So every night we always do a Stones song." They went into Far Away Eyes. Nice version. I was next to the soundboard and the setlist just said "Stones." Maybe they switch the song around and decide on the fly. Thought I'd share.

Re: Everclear gives props to Stones
Posted by: wesley ()
Date: May 14, 2007 12:31

Thanks, jomo!

I`ve never heard the name of that band before. Hope to hear some day!

Anyway, I have a personal consideration of Vancouver, I´ll be there for the first time, the arrival day will be 31st May. We´re having a big congress and a few holidays there. I´m staying at Ramada Limited Downtown Vancouver.

A few times I´ve been lucky enough hitting interesting music not planned before the journey (Mike Oldfield in Prague 1999, I just walked randomly across the gig poster..).

I`d be interested to know where did this gig take place? Downtown?

Thanks,
Wesley

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: May 14, 2007 22:08

They played downtown at a place called "The Plaza." There are several live music venues downtown and lots of bars. Vancouver is a cool city. This is my first trip and I've enjoyed it. I've actually seen several Stones T-shirts out and about.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 14, 2007 22:22

Hi Jomo,

I live near Vancouver and there are also a few people on this board that live in the Greater Vancouver area. Good to hear you're having a good time and also the weather here is finally nice.
BC Place (the stadium with the huge white roof downtown) is where the Stones played their last show back in December. In early January we had a huge windstorm and it tore a hole in the roof and it deflated. That's where the opening and closing ceremonies for the 2010 Winter Olympics will be held.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1488
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home