Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
will u go to see pirates 3??
Posted by: brewcrew87 ()
Date: May 13, 2007 07:07

in other words, will u sit for 2 hours thru a shitty movie just to see a few minutes of keith?

Re: will u go to see pirates 3??
Posted by: button_your_lip ()
Date: May 13, 2007 07:09

LOL! I will wait for it to come out on Direct TV..if its that bad, it may not be a long wait.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 13, 2007 07:15

Yeah I really think all the hype anout Keith will end being much ado about nothing. He will probably have only a few minutes on screen. More hype than substance as usual.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 13, 2007 08:04

I haven't seen Pirates pt. I or pt. II, and I highly doubt I'll see pt. III.
I'm sure someone will post the 3 minutes of Keith on Youtube, I'll see it there for free.

The last time I paid to see a movie in a theater was Gladiator when it came out...how long ago was that?

Posted by: cali stones fan ()
Date: May 13, 2007 08:27

I have actually enjoyed the first two movies, so I will see Pirates III. They are fun, I think. Not the usual Disney movies for sure. I know that Keith is only in it for a very short while, but as I like the movies anyway his part is just an added bonus for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-13 08:31 by cali stones fan.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: May 13, 2007 08:30

Pirates is childstuff
Keith is not in the right movie
Disney meets lucifer

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: May 13, 2007 08:39

Naw, maybe if I wake up on the couch at about 4 am half drunk, half hung over in 2009 and it's playing on HBO..... might watch 10 minutes of it before going back to sleep, maybe 5.......

Date: May 13, 2007 08:40

i'll download it just to see Keith

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: May 13, 2007 08:47

The last Pirates sold out 12 screens in my local theater for the Midnight premier on a Thursday. This time they've moved it to 8pm. We've got a bunch of us going, can't wait.

John

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 13, 2007 09:08

I thought the first movie was ok thanks to Johnny Depp, the second one I watched only a few minutes and found it quite terrible.
I'll download part 3 only to fast forward to the see Keith and skip the rest om the flick.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 13, 2007 09:17

yes, I will

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: May 13, 2007 09:43

cali stones fan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have actually enjoyed the first two movies, so I
> will see Pirates III. They are fun, I think. Not
> the usual Disney movies for sure. I know that
> Keith is only in it for a very short while, but as
> I like the movies anyway his part is just an added
> bonus for me.

Thanks for saving me some time, I would have posted exactly the same. Pirates I was wonderful, lots of humour, great effects and a lot of sailing, something I personally really like. PII was not THAT good, it was a two hour long intermediate between the first and the last episode in my eyes, but still very entertaining. I expect PIII to be a real killer, equal to the first one. And oh, before I forget, there will be a fe minutes of Keith.

Jelle

Jelle

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 13, 2007 11:37

cali stones fan Wrote:
> I have actually enjoyed the first two movies, so I
> will see Pirates III. They are fun, I think.

Same here, absolutely

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: May 13, 2007 12:05

Like some previous posters I enjoyed the previous 2 films for what they were. Good escapist fantasy mainly for kids. And I'm sure the next will be the same but Keith won't 'sell' the movie. He's only in this movie at the bequest of Johnny Depp, not for his acting skills or bankability. I'll certainly look out for him but I don't think I'll bother explaining to my kids who he is (other than Cap'n Jack's dad). They're only 7 and 9 years old. Too much webspace has been used up discussing Keith and this movie. imo of course. Had The Stones done the soundtrack then that would have been a different matter 'cos that is what Keith and the boys do best.

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 13, 2007 14:04

I have reserved tickets for it.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: May 13, 2007 14:53

In the next few weeks there are 3 Mega releases:
Spider man 3
Pirates of Carribean 3
Shrek 3

A decent idea merits at least 3 films these days.
And yeah I will go see Pirates only because of Keith.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Date: May 13, 2007 14:56

Transformers should be a hoot too. Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer I'm also gonna see, but I don't think it's gonna be too good. Looking forward to Die Hard 4.0 also.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 13, 2007 15:01

Kidstuff - huh?
ah, well - some folks never grow up...

I'll see it

Date: May 13, 2007 15:05

Has there already been a Die Hard III?

Date: May 13, 2007 15:08

Yep. With Samuel L. Jackson, Jeremy Irons and Bruce Willis. Not the best of them though.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: May 13, 2007 15:10

Wasn't that one No 2 though?

Date: May 13, 2007 15:16

Hell yes, I'll attend the later showing on a weeknight when there aren't too many kids there. Eyes glued to the screen, if I blink for a minute I may miss KEEF's entire performance!

Does anyone know exactly when in the movie KEEF appears? The beginning, the middle, or the end?

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: May 13, 2007 16:31

ChelseaDrugstore Wrote:
> Wasn't that one No 2 though?

No, No 2 was the REALLY HORRIBLE one having something to do with taking over an airport and maybe a plane too, I don't remember...saw it once and that was it. All I remember is it had an airport theme. The first one was BY FAR the best, No 3 is OK fluff entertainment that I'll watch if it's on HBO and I'm channel surfing..... BTW, all these movies coming out sound like kid flicks or something, comic book stuff - not my cup of tea at all. Give me something with some smart writing and acting, not all special effects crap..... (take some Acid if you want "Special Effects"-lol, but not really)......

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: May 13, 2007 17:36

A couple of weeks ago I saw the German film "The Lives of Others" that won the Oscar for "Best Foreign Film." I thought it was the best film, period, that I'd seen in the last year. (Way, way way better than Marty's forgettable over-the-top cartoon). It was a moving, engaging film that was enjoyable because it was so substantial.

When I saw the trailer for Pirates 3 last week, I had no desire to go. These "franchise" films seem more designed as thrill rides: the only thing you are made to feel is an adrenaline rush, and as far as thinking goes, forget about it.

The older I get, the less time I have for empty calories, so I'll skip Pirates.

The whole thing is a minor footnote in Keef's career, and a diminishing one at that.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 13, 2007 17:55

The last time I went to see a movie it was the movie of Mr. Bean.
So I don't think I would see this one, as one of the posters mentioned it, it only would be a shot of 5 minutes of Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-13 18:02 by NICOS.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 13, 2007 18:00

just saw a 2min preview of the movie, no clip of keith and his name is not even in the credits

Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: May 13, 2007 18:05

Of course we're going! Got 10 tickets for the opening night and we're dressing up in not pirate gear - but replicas of Keith's stage garments... Planning standing ovations the minute he appears on screen. We're gonna have a laugh. (as will everyone else)

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 13, 2007 18:12

I loved the first film, but must admit to being bitterly disapointed with the sequel. I'd see this 3rd installment regardless of Keith Richards of having a cameo though. It's one of those things when you fel you have to see things through.

Posted by: stein ()
Date: May 13, 2007 18:40

I have to, because I work in a cinema and use to see many films weeks before they goes on sale. So sorry I can not tell anybody more about Pirates 3 than it is 180 minutes long

Date: May 13, 2007 21:19

Loog: Go see "Der Untergang" too if you like "Leben Des Anderes". It's awesome.

JumpingKentFlash

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1503
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home