Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: FOS price survey
Posted by: barking paul ()
Date: May 13, 2007 02:21

Having watched the film Gimme Shelter this evening, there certainly was genuine fan asylum at the front of the Altamont stage.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 13, 2007 07:17

>> The layout of Slane being what it is, I'll be very surprised if they have a facility for any Fan Asylum folks
that enable them to get into an area in front of the FOS <<

i reckon what TE means is that they let the FanAsylum folks in before they let in the rest of the people -
it's not that there's a separate space for them, just that they get first dibs on the regular FOS space.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-13 19:48 by with sssoul.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: May 13, 2007 10:13

with sssoul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so now i'm curious: is that "normal", that prices
> for FOS in Copenhagen are like 48% higher than FOS
> in Paris?
> is there some objective reason for that, or ... ?

It's always been ugly up here in the North so quite normal.
Didn't help us much that they sold so well in Bergen and Horsens last summer.
And with the FOS gone in no time, Cohl could even managed to get more out of us.
Ouch.

TE
Oslo

Date: May 13, 2007 10:19

Gazza Wrote:
> The layout of Slane being what it is, I'll be very
> surprised if they have a facility for any Fan
> Asylum folks that enable them to get into an area
> in front of the FOS part. If they do, it could get
> nasty.

They will just be let in before the others to the FOS area.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 13, 2007 10:34

Whether you pay or not for the FOS, it is just a matter of handing out wristbands to those who arrive early. Like they have done many many times, with or without separate FOS tickets. I don't know how many times I have been running to the sound of "Relax" by Frankie Goes To Hollywood, just as the gates opened on one of these tours, nobody paid for FOS but there were still an FOS with wristbands of course. It closed in 10-20 minutes, some times faster, some times never, depending on place etc. Then they started to charge extra money for FOS. But some places they do still have FOS, don't know where, don't knw when, without extra payment, just part of the security. They simply give you a wristband if you want to exit the area, and when it is full, it is full.

Bjornulf

Date: May 13, 2007 11:15

>> Budva: FOS (about) 78 euros? <<

could anyone confirm what the face value of a Budva FOS ticket is, please and thank you very kindly?
(i think 78 euros includes the fees/postage, and i'm trying to do this by the face-value prices.)

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: May 13, 2007 17:14

Gazza Wrote:

> The layout of Slane being what it is, I'll be very
> surprised if they have a facility for any Fan
> Asylum folks that enable them to get into an area
> in front of the FOS part. If they do, it could get
> nasty.

Surprised you will be then.

Slane DELUXE TRAVEL PACKAGES Include

** GA ticket to Pitch A (a secure, exclusive area in front of stage)

** Early entry on concert night .

[rollingstones.fanasylum.com]

Dont know if this means fanasylum only get in to the A side FOS and folks with FOS B side tickets will have a better chance of getting to the centre rail.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 13, 2007 17:35

What I meant was if they were to usher them into an area where people who have been there for hours are already standing. Think that happened at Dublin in 2003 and I know a few girls who were in with the FA folks were, to put it mildly, a bit upset at the hostile reaction of some of the mob down at the front.

If theyre already there to begin with, that makes things a bit easier. Bit of a long day for them though as I thought theyd have been having their own private 'party' pre-show while everyone else is queueing up.

Date: May 13, 2007 18:11

>> If theyre already there to begin with, that makes things a bit easier. <<

last summer at the GA shows i was at the FanAsylum groups were let in maybe 45-60 minutes before the gates opened -
the crowds that had been waiting at the gates for eight or nine hours by then were not all thrilled-like,
but it's for sure better than being inside on the rail and being expected to move back to make room for them.
also worth noting that there weren't enough FanAsylum people to take up the *whole* front row -
there was plenty of good room available for the fleet of foot when they let the rest of the world in.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-13 19:34 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: May 13, 2007 19:06

I think one should bear in mind that it is actually The Rolling Stones Fan Club who sells the Fan Asylum packages. The Fan Asylum people cooperate closely with the Stones organization/CPI. Some people chose to buy a package, to ensure a good ticket, a decent hotel room and to meet up with fans from all over the world. Some people go to only one show during a tour and I don't think it's any of our business to critisize that. The western society is based on market economy. We buy products that are offered to us. Some buy cheap tickets and go to many shows. Some pick one show and want an extraordinary experience in the front row - in say - the Madison Square Garden. Those who are prepared to pay for that - ok - they get the seats. It works like that in all parts of society.

Date: May 13, 2007 19:18

i don't think anyone here is criticizing (or that it matters who sells the packages) -
but it's a normal reaction if people who are in the front-center spots don't like being told
that they're being displaced (the scenario Gazza described, i mean) -
i don't think anyone likes it when people push in front of them in GA situations.
the situation i saw last summer, where the FanAsylum groups are let in earlier, is a lot better.
the "regulars" who have been waiting hours and hours don't have to be thrilled by it;
it's just the way it works.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-13 19:35 by with sssoul.

Date: May 13, 2007 19:24

But the fan asylum TYKES you're writing about... TYKES, really? I know a lot of nice Stones fans who have been on Fan Asylum trips. Are you sure TYKES is what you meant? It seems a bit... tough.

Date: May 13, 2007 19:28

"tyke" isn't meant as an insult - in American English it's about equivalent to "kid",
and i use it all the time without meaning anything worse than "folks".
of course we all know very fine people who have been on FanAsylum deals -
no one's criticizing them! not even Gazza, as far as i can see. :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-13 19:31 by with sssoul.

Date: May 13, 2007 19:32

I looked it up in my oxford dictionary and another dictionary (Gyldendal's), and from what I can see it's not a very nice word. My dictionaries are probably wrong.

Date: May 13, 2007 19:33

your dictionaries aren't wrong - mine also notes "a coarse man" as a tertiary meaning,
which is marked "dated, chiefly British". i use it strictly in a non-dated, non-British, non-insulting way -
but i've changed the posts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-13 19:39 by with sssoul.

Date: May 13, 2007 19:47

with sssoul Wrote:
> "tyke" isn't meant as an insult - in American
> English it's about equivalent to "kid",
> and i use it all the time without meaning anything
> worse than "folks".
> of course we all know very fine people who have
> been on FanAsylum deals -
> no one's criticizing them! not even Gazza, as far
> as i can see. :E

correct. While I think the whole FA thing is an elitist, overpriced nonsense, if thats what people wish to spend their money on, its their right to do so and good luck to them. I've a lot of good friends who go on these packages regularly.

Date: May 13, 2007 19:47

with sssoul Wrote:
> i don't think anyone here is criticizing (or that
> it matters who sells the packages) -
> but it's a normal reaction if people who are in
> the front-center spots don't like being told
> that they're being displaced (the scenario Gazza
> described, i mean) -
> i don't think anyone likes it when people push in
> front of them in GA situations.
> the situation i saw last summer, where the
> FanAsylum groups are let in earlier, is a lot
> better.
> the "regulars" who have been waiting hours and
> hours don't have to be thrilled by it;
> it's just the way it works.

also correct

Date: May 13, 2007 20:47

As a Fan Asylum "user" as well..
Don't think anyone wrote anything bad about them here.
Tyke is fine as far as I know as well.

I will hate them in Paris... But loved them when I had the money to buy a package in the US.
(And will giggle when I have better seats than them in Frankfurt, Dusseldorf and Hamburg).

TE
Oslo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-13 20:57 by TE.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1846
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home