Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Rant of the week
Posted by: voodoocat ()
Date: May 4, 2007 04:25

IS there something that is pissing you off or getting you down lately?

Personally, I'm really pissed at the CSI show. I like the WHO. I really do. Hearing Won't Get Fooled Again and Who Are You on the CSI shows over and over again has ruined these songs for me. I don't think I'll ever enjoy these songs again.sad smiley

Re: OT: Rant of the week
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 4, 2007 04:33

I'm pissed that I bought the 40th Anniversary Rolling Stone magazine to read about music and all I got was a bunch of aging boomers reliving 1967 while bitching about Bush and global warming.

Fine if that's your thing, but I bought the fish wrap to read about music. I read news magazines for political/news info. Now I remember why I let my subscription lapse.

NEWS FLASH - The 60's are long gone and other than the music, they really weren't so great.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-04 04:43 by Elmo Lewis.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 4, 2007 04:52

>I'm really pissed at the CSI show.

Shouldn't you be pissed at Townshend for selling the rights?

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: May 4, 2007 04:55

voodoocat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> IS there something that is pissing you off or
> getting you down lately?

Well the Yankees are pissing me off these days. A payroll near 200 million and they can't even get to .500. The bullpen stinks and most of the starting pitchers have been in and out of the rotation with various injuries.

The latest casualty? Phillip Hughes. Our hot shot rookie who in his second major league start was on the verge of pitching a no hitter when he pulled his hamstring late in the game. Now he is out for a month or two.

But since our payroll is so high I don't expect a lot of sympathy from fans of other teams.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 4, 2007 05:28

The fact that I am skipping Jazz Fest this year really burns my drawers, BUT, I am spending four days on the beach in Florida later this month!

Posted by: keithfan64 ()
Date: May 4, 2007 05:32

I'm pissed off at rock historys, video or written word, created by people who went to journalism or film school and know next to nothing about music but are in the position of being the official historians of it. They only can grasp the obvious so they prefer flash over substance. Last night's PBS history of Atlantic Records completely omitted the (Young) Rascals, unarguably the greatest white soul band of all time, in it's coverage on white people playing black music. They had 13 top forty hits on Atlantic, including three number ones. Being able to edit tape dosen't make you an expert on music. This kind of distortion of music history is taken as the truth by people too young know any better and adversely affects their musical taste when they begin to play an instrument.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-04 05:44 by keithfan64.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: May 4, 2007 06:35

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-30 21:14 by cirrhosis.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: May 4, 2007 07:16

......nice try cirrhosis but I once had an employee named Hollie and she was despicable.....she stole from us.....and bad mouthed us to friends and other coworkers.....she was not likeable.........I hear she's married now with kids and living it up in Virginia.......do you know her?

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: May 4, 2007 07:50

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-30 21:14 by cirrhosis.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 4, 2007 15:36

No money to go to Europe this summer. Keith, are you listening? Call me.

Thanks,

Elmo

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 4, 2007 15:40

FrankM - I'm with ya on the state of the Yankees - I mean WTF?! I figured with Cashman flying to Texas with the team, they'd be comin back with Rocket, but I guess he's still on the fence about coming back and doesn't know if he wants to leave Houston. I say if that's the case, then pay the man $22MM a start and have him come back now! We need him desperately!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1725
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home