Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Interview - Charlie Rose Show 11/02
Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 2, 2007 14:54

57 minutes in conversation with mick. 11/14/02

i happened to catch this when televised, and haven't seen it since; dunno if it's been posted here before..."good interview," says mick at the end, and he's right...(nice touch: Rose airs a snippet of live "don't stop" just before the credits roll....) cool.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-03 03:29 by Beelyboy.

Re: Mick Interview - Charlie Rose Show 8/03
Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: May 2, 2007 20:49

Thanks for the link. I enjoyed every minute of this interview - and so did Mick and Charlie, I guess.

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: May 2, 2007 21:34

Thanks a lot !! I heard about this interview , but never had the chance to see it

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: May 2, 2007 21:44

Excellent interview, Rose seems to ask some questions that interest Mick.
Available on boot DVD too, of course.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: May 2, 2007 22:43

yep, I saw it when it originally aired.......Charlie Rose is a first class interviewer.....he knows the right questions to ask and how to ask......

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 2, 2007 23:39

Definitely! I really have to watch this again.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 3, 2007 01:35

I will have to buy the boot dvd; I saw it when it was on but missed the first 10 minutes. it was a very good interview, Mick was very happy and Charlie seemed to ask the kind of questions Mick felt like answering. That was quite clever of Rose!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 3, 2007 03:06

charlie is the only one who i ever saw get mick to admit that he loves keith, it took some doing but he did it, great overall interview

Re: Mick Interview - Charlie Rose Show 11/02
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 3, 2007 08:41

Wow Thanks for posting that link! That is a fantastic interview, I had never seen it before. Mick is actually happy and engaged in answering the questions!
Great stuff!

Date: May 3, 2007 09:23

thanx a lot

Date: May 3, 2007 09:35

was sooo glad to discover it and post the link, believe me, so ty...
watched the whole thing and it went by way too fast...even think i appreciated it more a second time thru...(i had seen a re-run of this winter '03 i think) so pleased to see mick in a sustained real-time conversation/interview, especially a recent one; amen to all the above comments re: charlie rose...mick is revealing much more of himself that he usually does, about all kinds of subject matter...lots of little insights...great to see him out of heavy makeup and facade, and just engaged in a real conversation that had a little room to move this way and that...a rare treat...
__ __ __ __ __ __

(i hadn't appreciated that film clip with huston (or andy garcia) upon first viewing in '03, but it seemed like a really subtle and moving characterization this time thru...hard subject matter but something i must see)
__ __ __ __ __
he did laugh most openly and freely, and get most motivated at any opportunity to tease keith i noticed...and that remark about keith needing publicity...hawwww....
those two are so married...charlie kept bringing up keith...hawww. that interview is epic.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-03 11:54 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: Buddy Young ()
Date: May 3, 2007 09:52

Very nice, although I skipped some of the movie questions.

Listen to my new album on www.bowemusic.nl!

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: May 3, 2007 10:10

Here's the stupid question...Is it possible to download the interview?

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: May 4, 2007 01:13

Very impressive interview. Charlie segued from concentrating on Mick's film career into the Stones very smoothly.

The one thing that jumps out at me is the realization that in concert, the legacy cannot be denied.

We bitch so much about the prevalence of the warhorses in certain venues, but these songs are expected.

So, get ready for the next series of setlist moans once the European leg of the tour begins.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 4, 2007 01:23

Yeah now that's an interview!

I could listen to Mick talk for hours, he's real interesting, especially when he talks about creativity.

Thanks for posting it! smiling smiley

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: May 4, 2007 02:17

No need to get an inferior boot. Amazon carries the entire Charlie Rose collection of most interesting interviews on DVD.The last time I checked (month ago) the Jagger one was on back order (there's ACTUALLY 3 different dates for Jagger, does that mean he was on 3 different times? Anyone know?)I've gotten a few Charlie Rose DVD's through Amazon (Robert Plant, Macca) and they're top quality so no worries as you pull out your credit card......

Date: May 4, 2007 03:01

his interview with bjork was a real gift also; a real revelation...created the perfect environment to relax her and get her talking, and he seemed genuinely interested and actually touched really...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-04 03:48 by Beelyboy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1641
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home