Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Unsold Fanasylum Tickets
Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: April 30, 2007 15:13

What happens to them? Do they all go back on sale to the general public via Ticketmaster, do they get handed out as freebies or what?

The reason I ask is that at Hampden last year, on Ronnie's side, for the first 10 or 12 rows the two seats closest to the gangway were unnumbered and unoccupied. From the 3rd seat along, numbering started as normal - 1,2,3 etc. I figure these were unsold Hot Seats - and they were just sitting there empty.

We went to the front to see the Charlatans support act and, noticing that there were unnumbered seats, figured well, we might as well sit here until someone comes along to tell us to move.

We took them a few rows back so as not to be too conspicuous, and so ended up with practically the best seats in the house as freebies.

What was really strange was that the seats in the rows in front of us seemed to have been commandeered as the personal space of a guy called Billy Sloan (a Scottish tv 'figure'/music 'journalist') - everyone there was either his friends or family and when anyone ran up to be near the front, Sloan called over the security guards and got them removed.

So - the question is - are there always unclaimed seats right in the heart of the action that anyone with a big enough pair of balls can go and sit in and claim as their own? Or - if not - how does a relative non-entity like Sloan get to take up about 10 or 12 of the best seats in the house for his assorted mates and hangers-on (there's no way he'd have paid)?

I guess the moral is - take a wander up near the front and if you see an unnumbered seat, sit on it until someone tells you to move!

Re: Unsold Fanasylum Tickets
Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: April 30, 2007 15:25

Hi,

I was sat in the 7th row,Ronnie's side and right beside the catwalk for that show.

Yep,there were some 'Fan Asylum' people there too,but I paid £70 for my ticket from the SECC box office-it was a ticket drop that I only heard about because of the kind people who post here!The same thing happened for the Sheffield show,resulting in an even better seat!

Never heard of this Sloan character,though.One thing I do remember from Hampden was that during the show some people barged into the line of seating in front of me which had Fan Asylum folks.They were taking up space/crowding these poor folks where there was no space i.e. not even an unused seat.

Security did nothing about it,and I would definitely say that the selfish behaviour of these idiots did ruin what should have been a fantastic show for them.Anyway,the moral from last Summer was wait until near show-time.However with no cheaper seats from the get-go this time,I don't see that strategy working!

Cheers,

Si.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 30, 2007 15:47

unsold fanasylum tickets sometimes do end up on sale in ticket drops,
and i don't think it's a general rule that there are unnumbered seats available up front
for whoever feels like occupying them. and yeah the epidemic of people barging in at Hampden was a drag!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-01 17:11 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: April 30, 2007 21:13

These unnumbered seats were somewhat special for Hampdon. No other UK show had these.

And yeah, these people pushing into the first rows were bunch of idiots. I mean there were people who paid a lot of money for these seats and they were just pushed away.

I wasn't too happy there either.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2016
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home