Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: OT: DJ Don Imus just let go by CBS Radio - What's Your Opinion?
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 13, 2007 03:48

Well don't cry for Imus financially. I think I heard he is line to make 8 Million a year. Fired or not he still gets it...............Not to get back on my high horse,but this all goes back to when Michael Powell was the chairman of the FCC and went on a withchunt/censorship/crusade against supposed indecency in the media. I was hoping it would be over but evidently not...I listen to and always have listened to a lot of radio over the years...This is just another example of the inept management of CBS radio. In recent years they have fired Opie & Anthony,lost Howard Stern to satellite,thought it was a good idea to make David Lee Roth a DJ and now fired Imus.........Thankfully they still have one great syndicated show left,with the Don & Mike show.

Re: OT: DJ Don Imus just let go by CBS Radio - What's Your Opinion?
Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: April 13, 2007 04:00

Lots of good points made here. The total hypocricy of Sharpton and Jackson who are like the Abbot and Costello of the religious world. A laugh a minute.
I wonder if they have aplogized to the guys on the Duke lacrosse team who they decided were guilty last year before a trial even started. Well now it turns out they are innocent. Where is the apology from those two buffoons? For two guys who claim to be religious they are two of the most unforgiving fuc-ers in the world.

CBS Radio also reeks of hyprocricy as others have pointed out with all the vulgar rap that must get played on their stations. In the end NBC and CBS fired him because of all the sponsors that threatened to leave. They will suffer in the end since ratings for both will go down while Imus will probably rebound in a year or two.

I feel bad for those that were truly offended such as the Rutgers team but for every person that is truly offended there are ten others who just "pile on" for ratings or to further their own agendas.

So should he have been fired? A long suspension would have been appropriate in my opinion. I know the guy interviews a lot of politicians but he also does a lot of shock jock type humor on his show and other shock jocks have said far worse things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-13 04:21 by FrankM.

Re: OT: DJ Don Imus let go by CBS Radio/MSNBC TV - What's Your Opinion?
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 13, 2007 04:01

HelterSkelter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Look's like DJ/Talk Show Host Imus is TOTALLY out
> of work as of today - news came in 15 minutes ago
> - for his "in bad taste" remarks last week. I'm
> not crazy about the guy but he did turn me on to
> Lucinda Williams - he seems very depressed, hope
> he doesn't do anything drastic (like suicide).
> What's your opinion on the situation? Does he
> deserve to loose his Radio Show and MSNBC TV Show?
> Those who have pay radio was wondering what Howard
> Stern is saying about all this?

Helter MB Skelter, when you're doeing OT,
why don't ya give some information in the initial post?
who the @#$%& is DJ whatnot - never heard about?
took me one page of reading useless information - just to find out, I won't get a clue about everyones posts but a google - damn it.
[news.bbc.co.uk]

Date: April 13, 2007 04:16

If you dont like him dont listen. Yet another double standard.

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: April 13, 2007 04:42

.... would not surprise me at all if someone eventually goes ahead and shuts sharpton up,,

he has been shootin' his big mouth off since he was four years old ......

if he wants, don imus will shortly be on cable,,, ..

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: April 13, 2007 04:47

What he said was stupid, but he's a shock jock for crying out loud.
I cannot believe he has been fired for that comment which in my opinion is relatively mild. "Nappy headed ho" and it's front page news for a week? Unbelievable.

The black community is the most ultra sensitive group in the US and personally i'm sick and tired of how often they cry foul when they simply aren't carrying their weight.
In the US it doesn't matter what issue you're talking about - education, economics, criminal activity, they're headed in the wrong direction.

7 out of 10 black kids today are born to single parents ensuring future generations that they will continue to remain on the bottom rung of our society.
And the ambulance chasers Sharpton and Jackson continue to peddle their victim story.

Date: April 13, 2007 05:24

You said it nellcote'71

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: April 13, 2007 05:40

Open-g, sorry man, it doesn't make sense to write what he said cause IMHO it looks much worse. The way I heard it on the tape - played on the news - is his producer said it first then he copied his producer but it was like they were doing a light rap impersonation in a way, well, they got it from rap let's say - it was really off the cuff and not meant with any malace or anger, still a very improper, degrading thing to say and he's apologized about a 1,000 times already.....The news is jumping ALL OVER IT, way too much IMHO....

Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: April 13, 2007 06:07

Way to PC. Not political correctness I'm referring to but protected class. There is so much resentments being built up amongst generally good folk without racist sentiments whatsoever. But this agenda being shoved down peoples throats is going to create a real backlash. It may be 25 -50 years. It will only be tolerated to a certain point most people I hear rumblings below the surface.

Down with the good Reverend Jackson & Tawana Brawley Farce Sharpton. They are parasites who do far more bad than good. Their agenda is in fact to keep the black man down and bitter so as to further enpower themselves. Wake up people.

Oh yeah stop with the double standard. I'm getting quite sensitive to the fact that minorities can spew venom with white cracker ass jokes, whites can't dance etc etc etc. This is ok. But then again its just a joke

Perhaps I should start a political action committee to right this injustice towards thw white man or just accept it as a bad joke.

I'll say it again a racial joke is literally the worst crime in America. Its worse than rape murder etc. I sincerely mean that. Do not be branded a racist I'm warning you. Don't like him don't listen! I don't particularly care for him much but he made a bad bad joke. Yes Off Color etc.

If he came out and said I beat my wife,I embezzled funds with fraud etc etc. America would forgive but it will not regarding a racial mishap. You shall see It will not be forgiven. I say Down with Jesse Jackson for ruining the lives of the 5 white Duke LAcrosse players. "A rush to judgement was made based on color".

There you have it. Another MEZ rant. I love speaking the truth. Its liberating.

Everyone is walking on egg shells, save for this special protected group.

I'll be branded a certain label based on this rant which would not be true. Down with PC!!! Lets get our senses back and let the marketplace take care of itself. MEZ

Posted by: keithfan64 ()
Date: April 13, 2007 06:23

I'm tired of the "if you don't like it don't listen" line. The point is millions of people ARE listening and being told that it's acceptable to be a racist, even funny. All the hate mongers should be taken off the air for the good of the country. Limbough, Savage, O'Reily' Hannity, Borst. The whole shock jock thing/ angry white guy thing is just a part of the divide and conquer, dumb down America plan. The airways belong to the people not the right wing corporate interests.

Date: April 13, 2007 07:27

keithfan64 Wrote:
> I'm tired of the "if you don't like it don't
> listen" line. The point is millions of people ARE
> listening and being told that it's acceptable to
> be a racist, even funny. All the hate mongers
> should be taken off the air for the good of the
> country. Limbough, Savage, O'Reily' Hannity,
> Borst. The whole shock jock thing/ angry white guy
> thing is just a part of the divide and conquer,
> dumb down America plan. The airways belong to the
> people not the right wing corporate interests.

Funny how you turned this into a left wing vs. right wing thing and especially dumb since Imus was a Kerry supporter. Instead of drifting off to Michael Savage try to stick to the issue at hand.
This isn't really about left and right- it's more about the double standard of what some can say and others cannot say.

If Chris Rock pokes fun at white people does it make him a racist? No, it is called comedy. When you hear Imus make the statements vice reading them in the paper it comes off as somebody trying to be funny.

Bozos like Sharpton and Jackson are in no position to demand he be fired. Trust me. They have enough skeletons in their own closet and shouldn't be judge and jury of ANYBODY.

Why should some idiot like you decide who can be on the air and who can't. Are you the furor?

Date: April 13, 2007 07:33

Don't call me an idiot you aswhole. Funny how your criticizing blacks for being racists isn't it. Are they on the air spreding facist propaganda every day like the people I mentioned?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-13 07:38 by keithfan64.

Date: April 13, 2007 07:36

Well grow an IQ and I won't call you an idiot.
And don't try to dictate who can have a voice and who can't like an Adolph @#$%& wanabee.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-13 07:38 by FrankM.

Date: April 13, 2007 07:46

There used to be an "equal time" regulation but your hero Ronald Raygun got rid of it so his fellow facists could take over our air ways. I don't think hatred has a right to be broadcast across the country. You mentioned @#$%&. Whats the difference between Joseph Goebells and Rush Limbaugh? Answer-none.

Date: April 13, 2007 07:48

keithfan64 Wrote:
> Don't call me an idiot you aswhole. Funny how your
> criticizing blacks for being racists isn't it. Are
> they on the air spreding facist propaganda every
> day like the people I mentioned?

Where did I accuse blacks of being racist? Where? I said Chris Rock wasn't a racist he is a comedian. Before you put words into people's mouths read what they actually said. I said there was a double standard and if you don't think there is then you are lost.

Yeah you are right everybody is a fascist except the dope who tries to dictate who gets a voice and who doesn't. The only fascist is you my friend.

Date: April 13, 2007 07:54

You don't even know what a fascist is so I'll tell you. Fascism is when a government is under controll of corporate interests. Mussolini said facism could just as easily be called "corporatism". Like what we have today, but you think is freedom of speach.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-13 07:55 by keithfan64.

Date: April 13, 2007 07:56

keithfan64 Wrote:
> There used to be an "equal time" regulation but
> your hero Ronald Raygun got rid of it so his
> fellow facists could take over our air ways. I
> don't think hatred has a right to be broadcast
> across the country. You mentioned @#$%&. Whats
> the difference between Joseph Goebells and Rush
> Limbaugh? Answer-none.

Holy smokes man, don't spew this nonsense in public- they might put a straight jacket on you. Get some help before you hurt somebody.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: April 13, 2007 07:57

Howard Stern will dance in the streets.His enemy for years. Means nothing to me.

Date: April 13, 2007 08:01

FrankM, you didn't say what the difference was between Goebells and Limbough was did you? You just made a personal attack on me. A faverate methed of right wing broadcasters.

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: April 13, 2007 08:02

now I finally know what Kinky Friedman's "Imus In The Morning" coffee mug was all about. Me stupid European...
more seriously I can't see what good it does to young girl's (or guy's) minds when they're constantly hearing rappers going on about the bitches and hos. Doesn't make Imus any less innocent, but, like, gimme a break!

Date: April 13, 2007 08:04

keithfan64 Wrote:
> You don't even know what a fascist is so I'll tell
> you. Fascism is when a government is under
> controll of corporate interests. Mussolini said
> facism could just as easily be called
> "corporatism". Like what we have today, but you
> think is freedom of speach.

No if you look it up in the dictionary it is defined as a governmental system that engages in rigid censorship and suppression of opposition- kind of what you sound like.

Not surprised you have been reading up on Mussolini.

Date: April 13, 2007 08:09

The dictionary dosen't seem to see a differance between facism and communisum which are a world apart. I think Mussolini would know what he was talking about regarding facism since he was one. Censership is necessary when people are spreding hate and lies.

Date: April 13, 2007 08:09

keithfan64 Wrote:
> FrankM, you didn't say what the difference was
> between Goebells and Limbough was did you? You
> just made a personal attack on me. A faverate
> methed of right wing broadcasters.

No because your comment is so ridiculous it doesn't even warrant a response. Sounds like you are very paranoid about Rush Limbaugh. Do you think he is hiding in your closet or something or out to get you?

Date: April 13, 2007 08:16

keithfan64 Wrote:
> The dictionary dosen't seem to see a differance
> between facism and communisum which are a world
> apart. I think Mussolini would know what he was
> talking about regarding facism since he was one.
> Censership is necessary when people are spreding
> hate and lies.

You seem to know a lot about Mussolini. Bizzare.

Who determines who is telling the truth and who is lying? You? So you want to censor everybody that disagrees with you? Good thing most people in power in this country aren't as nutso as you.

I hope for the sake of the world you are never in a position where you can actually implement some of your crackpot ideas.

Date: April 13, 2007 08:20

Rush Limbauh is out to destroy liberalism. I don't think a sane person would question that. He is on evey 50,000 watt station in the country because he is expounding Republican/corpoate propaganda and the corporatations own the radio stations. He is a modern day Goebells in every way. Pardon me if I find him offensive. You should read some history so you'll be able to see whats going on today a little clearer. Then you would be able to see for yourself whos lying and whos telling the truth. Why is it bizzare to know a qoutation of Mussolini"s? Is it better to be ignorant of the past?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-13 08:25 by keithfan64.

Date: April 13, 2007 08:28

keithfan64 Wrote:
> Rush Limbauh is out to destroy liberalism. I don't
> think a sane person would question that. He is on
> evey 50,000 watt station in the country because he
> is expounding Republican/corpoate propaganda and
> the corporatations own the radio stations. He is a
> modern day Goebells in every way. Pardon me if I
> find him offensive. You should read some history
> so you'll be able to see whats going on today a
> little clearer. Then you would be able to see for
> yourself whos lying and whos telling the truth.

If you don't like him don't listen. His twenty million listeners can't listen to him because you say so? Who are you? So he has a different political opinion than you. Who are you to say who can have their opinions heard and who can't. You sound like more of a crackpot with every post.

I don't particularly like Al Franken or Michael Moore but I wouldn't say they couldn't be on the radio. I'm tired of arguing with you, it's a total waste of time. Believe whatever you want but you sound like a nut to me- just some constructive criticism smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-13 08:58 by FrankM.

Date: April 13, 2007 08:32

Back to the name calling again right Frank? Thats what people do when they can't hold their own in a debate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-13 08:33 by keithfan64.

Date: April 13, 2007 08:38

keithfan64 Wrote:
> Back to the name calling again right Frank? Thats
> what people do when they can't hold their own in a
> debate.

It wasn't name calling and I didn't say it out of anger. You just sound like someone who isn't all there. Telling you this not to win an argument but in hopes you will get some help. Good luck to you.

Date: April 13, 2007 08:44

You sound like an ignorant aswhole to me. Screw you.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 13, 2007 08:58

James Lynn Wrote:
-
> I'll say it again a racial joke is literally the
> worst crime in America. Its worse than rape murder
> etc.

I remember after Columbine there was a story going around that the shooters were initially targeting black students. The parents of these killers then made a statement to the press denying this, saying their kids were not racists.

As if whether or not they were racists would cause people to think those boys were
BAD people or something...Thank God they were equal-opportunity mass murderers. Right?

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1261
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home