Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie autobiography?!?!?
Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: April 9, 2007 05:33

I just found this on amazon! Has this been discussed?

[www.amazon.com]

Ron Wood: My Life as a Rolling Stone
by Ron Wood (Author), Jeffrey Robinson (Author)
Hardcover: 384 pages
Publisher: St. Martin's Press (October 2, 2007)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0312366523
ISBN-13: 978-0312366520

Book Description (from audio CD edition)
From the first time he performed officially as a Rolling Stone, careening down New York’s Fifth Avenue on a flatbed truck playing “Brown Sugar,” Ron Wood has been a key member of the world’s greatest rock and roll band. Now he finally tells his story—unsanitized, raw, nasty and fascinating, Ron Wood is about musicianship at the peak of its powers and also a glimpse at the inner workings of the huge machine that allows the Stones to perform so successfully and steadily around the world. It’s also the story of the big personalities that dominated rock from the 1960’s onward—Eric Clapton, Rod Stewart, Jimmy Page, Keith Moon, Jimi Hendrix, Pete Townshend. And, of course, the bandmates themselves: Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, and Charlie Watts. Chronicling the talent and determination of rock’s greatest generation, Ron Wood will surprise and mesmerize listeners.

About the Author
Ron Wood began his career with a band called the Birds and played with the New Yardbirds and the Jeff Beck Group, which later morphed into Faces with Rod Stewart. In 1975, after the Faces broke up, he toured with the Stones and became a permanent member of the group in 1976, playing guitar ever since, through 38 albums and 10 worldwide tours. When not on the road, he lives with his wife Jo in London, where he also paints and draws.

Re: Ronnie autobiography?!?!?
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 9, 2007 06:53

Yup, was in some news peices for some time...looks like Ronnie stuck to his guns and got the book finished...

Can't wait to read it!

Posted by: Rosto ()
Date: April 9, 2007 11:13

Still six months to go, folks!

Availability: This title will be released on October 2, 2007. Pre-order now! Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Let it rock!

Posted by: Han ()
Date: April 9, 2007 19:18

I hope the book's more accurate than the blurb!

I can't help remembering Mac's comments in his own book, on the reliability of Woody's memory....

You might have to scrape me off the floor at the end of the tour, but it'll be really good scrapings. - Mick Jagger

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: April 9, 2007 19:28

I really hope this one is a good one. Ron has been everywhere, and seems like he left all those places in one piece and in good graces. He should have some stories. What I think is this though: one of the reasons Ron is everyone's friend is because he knows where to hang. He doesn't crave the spotlight; doesn't fear it but is happy in the back too. I see him as not very opinionated at times, which does not make for fiery bookwriting. Who knows? Maybe he's been perfecting a plan all along to assasinate Keith and get back at him for all the cruel voxbooth jokes.
Mac;s book is one of the best books on R&R out there. The Ron Wood Bio "Rock on Wood" was IMO pretty good. I do hope Ronnie uses some kind of writer, a writer who is not Bill German. winking smiley

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 9, 2007 20:09

>> I hope the book's more accurate than the blurb! <<

yikes - really! :E

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1304
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home