Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Does Anyone Know the King Biscuit Flower Hour Broadcast of Europe '73 - What Show(s) It Is From?
Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: April 17, 2007 00:43

highanddry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Your words: <>
>
> You make it very clear in that statement that it's
> a 'fact' that the King Biscuit Flower Hour once
> was spelled 'flour.' You were flat wrong.

>
> I tried several times to explain this politely to
> you, that you were confusing two completely
> different, two completely unrelated programs that
> happened to have similar names. In point of fact,
> the owners of King Biscuit Flower Hour tried to
> sue the owners of King Biscuit Time because of
> trademark similarities in the name

several times? can you point these out to me? The only time you tried to explain this that I can see is in the post where you seemed so annoyed with me.

>
> No, you didn't make that 'clear enough' until you
> started realizing your 'opinion' was full of holes
> that were easily disproved. I was pretty polite
> until you kept insisting that KBFH once spelled it
> as 'flour,' and then you made the silly assertion
> that perhaps the cue sheets had a 'typo'. I was
> there, pal, in 1973, working at a radio station
> that was a KBFH affiliate from the beginning when
> the program was launched, and I saw the weekly
> communications, invoices, contracts between the
> station and KBFH. There was no 'typo.'

> You may not like my tone, you may find it
> insulting, but if you would stop and consider the
> possibility that maybe, just maybe, foolish, idle
> speculation about something of which you know very
> little is not appropriate fodder for making
> definitive statements like "Yes it was
> "flour"........at least at one time."

If you explained this all previously before the post in which you seemed rather annoyed, then I must have missed it, and if that's the case I apologise. But the fact of the matter is, the signs in those pics say "flour". If you had told me that those were two different programs, then I wouldn't have speculated otherwise. The thing is, I don't think you explained any of this until the post when you seemed so aggravated. If you did, and I didn't see it, then I'm sorry.

I did speculate that maybe we were talking about two different radio programs and also that you might know more about it than me. I felt like it was obvious by the way I worded my posts that I was speculating. Apparently you feel otherwise. The statement "It was flour....at least at one time" is in reference to the sign in the pics posted above which plainly says "flour", and not "flower". It's been explained that these are two different radio programs, something I wasn't aware of when I made that statement. If you want to continue to insult me for incorrect speculations, there's your chance.

If you're going to say that you "politely" explained all these things to me and I kept insisting otherwise, then we'll just have disagree on that. I've gone back and read your previous posts and none of these things were definitively(or politely) explained until your last two posts. You never said anything about there being two different King Biscuit radio programs before then.

Whatever I said that offended you, or if it was just the way I worded something, then that was not my intent. I'm sure these posts are very boring for the other members of this board and right now, it seems very unimportant for me given other things that are going on at the moment.

Re: King Biscuit Flower Hour Broadcast
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 17, 2007 07:30

Hey guys, I may have asked the original question on the spelling, but is it really worth getting this worked up about something like this. As they say about sports, "it's only a game."

The Plexiglass from Montana

Posted by: Joss ()
Date: April 17, 2007 12:00

The Lost Brussels (VGP 088) sounds a bit different from most of the other boots I've heard of this show - more bottom & not as bright overall, but the drums sound softer & more natural to me. Does anybody know whether this one is sourced from a broadcast or from pre-FM tapes?

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: April 18, 2007 18:21

timbernardis Wrote:
> Hey guys, I may have asked the original question
> on the spelling, but is it really worth getting
> this worked up about something like this. As they
> say about sports, "it's only a game."

No its' not worth getting that worked up about. Getting hateful and insulting over something like this is quite rediculous. Kinder words could have resolved the whole thing with out pissing anybody off. But you're right, its' not worth it. My apologies to anybody who's interested in the actual thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-18 18:25 by Tumblin_Dice_07.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: April 18, 2007 23:08

The boot "Headin' For An Overload" contains both original KBFH shows as they were originally broadcast, including the Peter Cook/Dudley Moore (hilarious) interview with Mick & Charlie. It is supposedly is mastered from the original tapes and sounds quite good, regardless!

There was a later KBFH broadcast right around the 1975 TOTA that combined the first 2 broadcasts eliminating duplicated songs. I actually taped that broadcast on my Realistic 8-track recorder and wore that tape OUT!

Ross

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: April 19, 2007 00:01

I taped that on 8 track, too! Man, the memories....that show used to blow everyone away...even the Beatle freaks couldnt argue how great it was....The old vinyl boot, European Tour 1973 (Royal sound, deluxe color cover, super splatter vinyl---which I still have to this day) is pretty good. I love having the original reel to reels....Just no way to capture the sound of the original 7.5 IPS reels.....NOTHING compares to that. For all you audio heads out there, I HIGHLY recommened getting ANY factory Reel to Reel tapes in 7.5 IPS...Ya Yas is simply frightening, Sticky, AMAZING, Exile--CHUBBAGE!, and Goats Head, superior. Dont have Its Only Rock and Roll...would love to hear it, though. To my knowledge, they didnt manufacture Satanic, Beggars or Bleed at 7.5 IPS, which is a "REEL" drag...pun intended.

JR

Date: April 19, 2007 00:18

I was lucky enough several years ago to stumble across an official KBFH silver cd of the show with cue sheet on Ebay. Won't tell you what I paid, wouldn't part with it for anything! It's probably my most prized Stones disc.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: April 19, 2007 03:47

stone-relics Wrote:
> I taped that on 8 track, too! Man, the
> memories....that show used to blow everyone
> away...

Whenever the party was in my car my high school buds insisted on that tape. Great memories of Mick Taylor's solo on YCAGWYW blasting out of a lime green VW Beetle full of stoned kids cruising up and down the levee on a sultry Mississippi Friday night! Or the relentless Rip This Joint/JJF/Street Fighting Man finale bringing it home, only to click back to Brown Sugar and start it all over again!

In college I came accross the boot LP "Nasty Music" and copied it to cassettes and handed then out to all of those guys the next time I saw them. To this day on the rare occurances that I see or hear from any of those guys the topic of that tape always comes up! It is my favorite piece of recorded music.

Ross

Posted by: Joss ()
Date: April 19, 2007 19:24

OK, I'll try again - does anybody know if The Lost Brussells (VGP 088) is sourced from a broadcast or pre-FM reels?

Thanks in advance

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1585
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home