Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hot Stuff cant get enough!!
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: April 6, 2007 16:47

Loved this from the start...real funky Ohio players funk...from the days they didnt expect this from a R&R band...after all those years...i still dig it and i do think the groove and rap of this tune is underrated...every party i have been it was a blast...but ya dont have tha dance if you listen its pretty nice to''''you remember Kneb''çome here micro''!!..what you think? and with the tour comming to Europe can i expect some new things?? Nice holidays everybody...power to all my friends!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-06 16:56 by rooster.

Re: Hot Stuff cant get enough!!
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 6, 2007 17:00

It's a hot hot track, but it's one of the few songs that wouldn't work these days, IMO, it got something to do with the mood onstage and the sound these days. They do other stuff great these days, but not Hot Stuff.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: April 6, 2007 17:06

yes yes yes its only Hot Stuff but I like it! agree that it would not work these days on stage. at least not on the huge stage, but I cann imagine it would work well as # 3 or # 4 in a club show setlist. last time I heard it live was in Washington 1994 during Voodoo Lounge opening show, and I really liked the way they played it. but somehow it did not gel all to well with the rest of the show.

Date: April 6, 2007 17:08

I guess your right about that Erik...cause I didnt really like the 94..and 97 versions(to many horns!)...if they would do it stripped down and Jagger would snort something to...it would be nice even today!The same foo ''Hey Negrita'' but to tell you the truth....''Hot Stuf'' is a warhorse everybody knows ...its such a black tune...No other white band can do this.

Date: April 6, 2007 17:09

Yes, it's not a stadium/souvenir song that Hot Stuff.
Mick didn't do that rap when they did HS on the Licks Tour, isn't that so ?

Date: April 6, 2007 17:10

Yes Rooster, snorting is one of the ingredient, unfortunately it's not good for Jaggers health anylonger. And the horns can't replace the snorting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-06 17:14 by Erik_Snow.

Date: April 6, 2007 17:16

Yes Erik Jagger have to rap if he does this one!!...''All you people in Jamaica working in the sun..your hot!!''BTW this thread was inspirated by the Knebworth version...what a stoned version that was...I just cant believe it!!

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: April 6, 2007 17:19

Erik_Snow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's a hot hot track, but it's one of the few
> songs that wouldn't work these days, IMO, it got
> something to do with the mood onstage and the
> sound these days. They do other stuff great these
> days, but not Hot Stuff.

Yup agree. It was the perfect song for them 1976 and they did it so well back then, like most of what they did then. Watch and listen to Mick and Keith at Knebworth. Pirates.

Date: April 6, 2007 17:31

rooster Wrote:
> Yes Erik Jagger have to rap if he does this
> one!!...''All you people in Jamaica working in the
> sun..your hot!!''BTW this thread was inspirated by
> the Knebworth version...what a stoned version that
> was...I just cant believe it!!

I was at Knebworth show and really it was cooking, what a stoned version! impossible to recreate this today. just like Hand Of Fate, what a might mighty mighty version it was in 1976, those fat, mean 'n dirty guitars that really grabbed you by the balls and turned you upside down, that was not only rock and roll, that was music from another world!!!! far out, man, and licks live version (of both Hot Stuff and hand Of Fate) was good but cannot be compared to 1976. one had to be there to believe it!!! this fat, mean and dirty guitar sound, oh my god!

Date: April 6, 2007 17:39

Agree..agree!!!Were is that shouting..i used to love!!

Date: April 6, 2007 17:44

I believe it alimente, though I wasn't there!

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: April 6, 2007 17:47

You're HOT!!!! Stuuuuhhhffff.... Hmmmm Like the taste of that. Today, Mick is performing as a singer, slightly more than singing as a part of the music. On a lot of songs it's not THAT big a difference, but Hot Stuff: you've all said it.

Great song though! Like it very much. Great intro with groovy strange guitar sound.

Jelle

Oops, in the last line I was mixing up the intro of Hand Of Fate with Hot Stuff... Never mind!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-06 17:48 by sluissie.

Date: April 6, 2007 17:55

I do remember the fuzz from 1976.....they was hot...and my hometown felt like the capitol of the world..everywhere drunken english...angels...hippies R&Rlers...it was sold out before one could breath..and that cover of Black and blue lookedso dangerous...ifound that so cool back than...what was also funny was that in those days they said Billy Preston was the sixth Stone...and nobody knew Stew...back than..I had to learn about stew...by myself!!

Date: April 6, 2007 18:08

It strangely reminds me of the Wailers!!

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: April 6, 2007 18:23

alimente Wrote:
> rooster Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yes Erik Jagger have to rap if he does this
> > one!!...''All you people in Jamaica working in
> the
> > sun..your hot!!''BTW this thread was inspirated
> by
> > the Knebworth version...what a stoned version
> that
> > was...I just cant believe it!!
>
> I was at Knebworth show and really it was cooking,
> what a stoned version! impossible to recreate this
> today. just like Hand Of Fate, what a might mighty
> mighty version it was in 1976, those fat, mean 'n
> dirty guitars that really grabbed you by the balls
> and turned you upside down, that was not only rock
> and roll, that was music from another world!!!!
> far out, man, and licks live version (of both Hot
> Stuff and hand Of Fate) was good but cannot be
> compared to 1976. one had to be there to believe
> it!!! this fat, mean and dirty guitar sound, oh my
> god!

YEah sounds great on the dvds too. Got any pics from that era?

Date: April 6, 2007 18:33

Black and Blue opens with a jarring blast of high tension funk,a sound that was unexpected and extreme coming from the worlds''Greatest R&R band''in 1976.Here at lastwas a sign of life from the embattled Rolling Stones,a band that had long since drifted into predictable,straight ahead riff-rock.Inertia was now replaced by Micks alarming first declaration of dance fever.Rock extremist were horified.Were The Stones being swept up witin a disco scene fast emerging from the underground vi international hits like Donna Summers''Love To Love You baby''? Was rock dead?? Not While Keith Richards walked the earth.Hot Stuff wasnt the enemy,but rather The Stones Twist on a clasic funk groove,closer in spirit to James Brown and Sly Stone than to any of the slick disco tracks beginning to haunt the radio.The song was built on the high-pitched riffing of Keith,with melodramatic accents from the rumbling piano chords of Billy Preston.Guitarist Harvy Mandel sends flames across this heavy groove as Mick chants passionately about lives to a big beat and improvising widly to all those going broke in New York city that''I know your tough!""

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: April 6, 2007 18:42

We played Hot Stuff at our wedding....everyone was up and dancing!!

I love driving in NYC with Hot Stuff cranking...you get in the groove and float over traffic at high speeds. LOL

Posted by: wesley ()
Date: April 6, 2007 18:44

Bingo Wrote:
> We played Hot Stuff at our wedding....everyone was
> up and dancing!!
>
>

I agree, it really makes everyone happy!

Date: April 6, 2007 18:50

Bingo Wrote:
> We played Hot Stuff at our wedding....everyone was
> up and dancing!!
>
> I love driving in NYC with Hot Stuff
> cranking...you get in the groove and float over
> traffic at high speeds. LOL

Wow i wish I was there!!

Posted by: JaggerFan ()
Date: April 6, 2007 20:30

(verbalizing the intro)

Bweeewh-wicka-ka-bemp-bemp-bemp
BEEEEEEEwh-wicka-ka-bemp-bemp-bemp...

Then when the piano notes come - one of the few "air keys" I ever do, but I do it every time. LOL!

I love the LYL version too.

"Dere ain' nuddin wrong..... ivya cah'..... a-shakeee-UP!!!!!!"

Date: April 6, 2007 20:38

I love that 1976 live version..its frantic!

Date: April 7, 2007 02:18

Erik_Snow Wrote:
> I believe it alimente, though I wasn't there!

thanks for believing me, its sometimes so hard to describe, guitar stage sound was so much different back in the day. people claim ABB tour has great guitar sound, louder and more distortion again, and it is not bad, but in 1976 guitars were not just loud and distorted, there was an unbelievable punch, so ultra-fat, so mean, so dirty, cutting right into your brain and your stomach at the same time!!! my girlfriend at the time said that she nearly got orgasm if only they would have played Hey Negrita a bit longer! maybe she was just joking but it shows how guitar sound back then touched you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1015
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home