Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

SFTD - One Plus One
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 6, 2007 16:02

I saw the movie the other day after ages. Lot's of curiosities and Q's.

1. It struck me to see how friendly Mick and Brian were at the beginning of the session. And how Brian is way out of it at the end. His track is muted, but if you follow the movements of his hands along with the music, you easily can understand why ...

2. Who came up with the idea of the whoo hoo chorus?

3. Who plays the keyboards in the very early takes? Hopkins? Did you notice that he plays some licks at the end that were re-done on guitar by taylor and used to open/introduce his solo on the 69 tour? This early take seems also to be starting idea for fat boy slim (disappointing) remix.

4. Who the man with red shirt on acoustic guitar playing with mick keith and charlie the middle jam

5. Certainly it had to be a pain in the ass to record with the stones, it took ages to develop an idea. And MT was right, it's surprising to see how sloppy musicians they were in those days. On the other hand, it is nice to see how everything was created from scarp. See how Keith enriches his bass line take after take.

6. Jagger was directed everybody in the recording room also in 68!

C

Re: SFTD - One Plus One
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 6, 2007 16:12

liddas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I saw the movie the other day after ages. Lot's of
> curiosities and Q's.
>
> 1. It struck me to see how friendly Mick and
> Brian were at the beginning of the session. And
> how Brian is way out of it at the end. His track
> is muted, but if you follow the movements of his
> hands along with the music, you easily can
> understand why ...

You don't hear him because he's playing an acoustic guitar. The camera crew have their own mics, they are not getting the sound from the studios desk. You can hear Brian's guitar at times throughout the film... you just got to listen carefully.

I don't think he's out of it at any point, he just seems to be at the same level of involvement, which is strumming the chords on a guitar.

ps: If you listen to what is being played back through the studio monitors right before Mick does his first vocal overdub, you get a quick playback of an earlier version. On this you hear Keith's electric and an acoustic strumming much like Brian's.

> 3. Who plays the keyboards in the very early
> takes? Hopkins?

You got it!

> 4. Who the man with red shirt on acoustic guitar
> playing with mick keith and charlie the middle
> jam

That's Bill having a shot of Keith's Hummingbird in open D with a capo at 2nd fret.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-06 16:21 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 6, 2007 16:25

You can find it on YouTube if you want to have another closer look.

Posted by: JaggerFan ()
Date: April 6, 2007 20:33

I've only watched the whole thing once. Every other time I've FF past the non-Stones garbage.

Posted by: Jed Clever ()
Date: April 6, 2007 20:36

My favorite part of this is where Keith very cooly tosses Brian a cigarette... makes it seem as if they were still friends at this point.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 6, 2007 20:46

Jed Clever Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My favorite part of this is where Keith very cooly
> tosses Brian a cigarette... makes it seem as if
> they were still friends at this point.

I guess they had to at least try and make things work. I wonder how they came to make up in some way after the Anita thing!?

I sense a coldness between Brian and the rest of the band in the film. The scenes where they take a break and Brian smokes and asks for Nicky to be turned up for example. It's as if he's there, but not! :-/

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1015
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home