Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Poor ticketsales almost everywhere....
Posted by: s-asla ()
Date: March 27, 2007 23:17

makes me believe that this will be their very LAST stadiumtour of Europe. Ever!

Re: Poor ticketsales almost everywhere....
Posted by: woemansland ()
Date: March 27, 2007 23:23

how do you know that there are poor ticket sales?

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: March 27, 2007 23:25

i couldn't care less if they are either. why does it bother a fan how many other fans are there ?

the money isn't going in my/your pocket, so if there were 50 people or 50,000 shouldn't really bother you

it wont make any difference to the gig itself

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 27, 2007 23:31

I don't think so. The people who talk about poor ticket sales are usually those who have a beer glass that is half empty. They have 1.5 million people coming, probably more, and I don't really care if it is 1.3 or 1.6 million. They will do some fantastic shows. I have seen them on tour since August 2005, and the FALL TOUR USA/CANADA was the best part. If Europe is half as good it will be a memory for lifetime, and I will feel sorry for those who stayed at home saving up their money for the next Garth Brooks tour.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 27, 2007 23:32

woemansland Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> how do you know that there are poor ticket sales?

Exactly.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: March 27, 2007 23:32

The times when they sell all the tickets in 1 hour are gone. But I think you can only talk about poor sales at the day of the show, when half of the stadium is empty...

Posted by: southboundtrain ()
Date: March 27, 2007 23:34

If someone says there are poor ticket sales "everywhere" and then doesn't back it up, to me, it's no different than the people who were saying that there wouldn't even be a tour of Europe this summer.

Date: March 27, 2007 23:34

s-asla Wrote:
> makes me believe that this will be their very LAST
> stadiumtour of Europe. Ever!

same sentence was written 87 times a year ago - here - and yet they come back

i was at two not completely sold out german shows last year - perhaps a few hundred empty seats - still great concerts

ps : bv, please don't mention garth brooks...makes me sick.....

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 27, 2007 23:58

its been the last tour since 82, give it up already , lol

Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: March 28, 2007 00:01

But isn't GØTEBORG sold out? And Germany no longer on sale... I just don't understand how "sales are poor everywhere". Sweden sold out in an hour.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: March 28, 2007 00:02

Selling out Gothenburg the first day isn't bad, ain't it?
53.000 ticket in a country of 9 million people. Why would Sweden be unique?
I'm pretty sure most of the stadiums will be sold out, more or less.

But the competition is killing this year: Metalllica, Genesis, The Who, Police, Steely Dan, Roger Waters, Bob Dylan, Rod Stewart, Aerosmith (I've surely forgotten some) are all touring Europe. And the Stones are last in line to sell their tickets.
But I'm not worried of half empty stadiums.

Date: March 28, 2007 00:04

stones are bigger than all of the above, no worries

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 28, 2007 00:09

If they sell the tickets in one hour then the price is too low. We live in the world of capitalism. Is this still new to people?

Bjornulf

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: March 28, 2007 00:15

Every time I read silliness like the first post, the famous 1973 photo of the Alice Cooper band, literally surrounded by cash, pops into my mind's eye. See the inside photo from "Billion Dollar Babies."

Can anyone post that pic here?

Date: March 28, 2007 00:29

bv Wrote:
> If they sell the tickets in one hour then the
> price is too low. We live in the world of
> capitalism. Is this still new to people?

No, but it's not always a good thing....

Posted by: lazy-slob ()
Date: March 28, 2007 00:34

Lorenz wrote:

"The times when they sell all the tickets in 1 hour are gone."

-No way, the last time in Denmark they were sold out in 6 minutes! It goes much slower this time, but there is also only 11 months between the last gig and the forthcoming...

Date: March 28, 2007 00:36

lazy-slob Wrote:
> Lorenz wrote:
>
> "The times when they sell all the tickets in 1
> hour are gone."
>
>
> -No way, the last time in Denmark they were sold
> out in 6 minutes! It goes much slower this time,
> but there is also only 11 months between the last
> gig and the forthcoming...

Yeah, that sure plays a role as well.
As well as the late announcement, bascially no ads for it (so far), high ticket prices, etc.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: March 28, 2007 00:38

Oh please.

How many times have I heard "poor sales". They said that last year for the New Jersey Giants Stadium show Sept 2006. Mind you this show was the 6 show in the NYC area for ABB tour. It looked sold out to me when I got into GS that fine September night.

Oh please !!!

Posted by: Nelson ()
Date: March 28, 2007 00:59

I think that in speaking of "slower" ticket sales,is just good for the show. Maybe I got it wrong but this Bigger Bang Tour seems to have brought more hardcore fans then earlier(I can only speak from the early 90s)tours? A Stones show should not be any family enterteinment like Keith once said.

Date: March 28, 2007 01:08

and don't forget...the boys get paid if only 5 people show up. who cares? some stadiums hold 30,000-some hold 80,000. they're always full whether "papered" or sold so the question keeps coming to my mind....why would someone on a rs fansite complain about ticket sales. equating rock n roll with ticket sales is just simply stoopid. who cares????(other than brokers of course)

Posted by: dougie ()
Date: March 28, 2007 01:11

I booked a trip to hawaii to see the boys . It was canceled. Why, poor ticket sales!
But, I have no idea how the ticket sales are going in Europe. I am still unhappy how they canceled that one. I have had them cancel on me in San Jose and in Amsterdam- all understandable; illness! But, Hawaii was another story.

Date: March 28, 2007 01:23

you know hawaii was cancelled for poor ticket sales? how? you heard it on an internet fansite?

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: March 28, 2007 02:00

Lorenz Wrote:
> The times when they sell all the tickets in 1 hour
> are gone. But I think you can only talk about poor
> sales at the day of the show, when half of the
> stadium is empty...

EXACTLY!!

I mean, so many people here talk about all the stress involved in getting good seats to see the stones, so, surely all of you depressives should be happy IF the ticket sales are slow, because that means it will be easier for you to get good seats!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: March 28, 2007 02:23

Who really gives a flying f*ck??

If they don't sell out the Stones are still guarenteed a minumum "wage" (only Cohl or someone else suffers)...

....and I'll still be able to get a ticket

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: March 28, 2007 03:05

custom55 wrote:

"Oh please. How many times have I heard "poor sales" They said that last year for the New Jersey Giants Stadium show Sept 2006. Mind you this show was the 6 show in the NYC area for ABB tour. It looked sold out to me when I got into GS that fine September night. Oh please !!!"

Good question. How many times have we heard "poor sales" in the last two years?

First time was before tour started, in North America. But the Stones played at packed venues, almost everywhere.

So many predictions about the Stones playing in "half empty" stadiums in Europe... But finally they sold 87% of the tickets (80% in Germany, in which Football World Cup took place and 90% in the rest of the Europe. Whoever considers these sales as "poor", after all this upset (new dates, people changing their plans for summer, etc), as for a round that took place three only years after the european leg of Liks, what can i say? He must be crazy...

Actually, the Stones had real problems in a very few european cities - like Berlin or Vienna. Their worst percentage (attendance/capacity) was 68 %, in Berlin. Also they had problems in some cases during the fall northamerican tour. It was so normal! They visited some cities for 4th or 5th time. Who cares if they had to reduce some prices or to do some offers? They had to do this because the official prices were highest. When a band is drawing 2,200,000 people in US- Canada during a tour, it is pointless talking about "poor sales".

And now we are reading "poor ticketsales almost everywhere". Why? Where? This "game" becomes tiresom...

Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: March 28, 2007 03:09

Oh No Not You Again!

London just added a second show...I guess because they sold so few tickets to the first one they thought maybe more people would come to the second one.

People over at the Shidoobee site screamed this the entire U.S. tour yet somehow the tour ended up making a half a BILLION dollars and it is and probably always will be the biggest grossing tour in U.S. history. And all the shows I went to were sold out, even a show at a stadium out in the boonies in the mountains (Charlottesville, Virginia).

I'm so sick of whining Stones fans--that includes you, Mr Lawyer. Don't go to the show. Stop coming to the fan sites. Give it up. It's as if some Stones "fans" can't WAIT to declare the tour/album a failure and have the rest of us roll around in misery. It ain't never gonna happen. So, boo-f'in'-hoo. Sheesh.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: March 28, 2007 03:11

Lorenz wrote:

"bv Wrote:

No, but it's not always a good thing...."

I could say the same Lorenz striking out, in addition, the word "always"... Am i an "extremist"?

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: March 28, 2007 03:15

Before hysteria sets in, I think the original poster ( s-asla) is just a digruntled fan. Cool out, folks. You are getting worked up for no good reason.

Date: March 28, 2007 03:20

dont listen to the shidoobee crew , listen to the iorr crew for the best info, rocks off is also an excellent source

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-28 03:22 by melillo.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: March 28, 2007 04:07

bv Wrote:

how can the price be too 'low' ?

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1545
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home