Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Seger Rocked
Posted by: ShatterednVA ()
Date: March 8, 2007 18:35

I saw Bob Seger in DC last month and he rocked. I first saw him at a outdoor concert in Ohio in the summer of 1976 called Mosiqueto Damn Jam with Blue Oyester Cult, (REO or Styx - cant remember lol) , JGeils and a bunch of others including STARZ - that day I became a follower. I then listened to Live Bullet on my head phones for the next year under many influences - I was 15. Beautiful Loser - turn the page and katmandu are how I remember that summer and Seger - i think I saw him 10 times over the next 4 years in Ohio - it seemed liked he played every outdoor concert and stadium show. The last time I saw him was in 1979 or 80. I lost track of him during the 80's 90's (the new music seemed too polished the only song I related to during those years/decades is "like a rock". So then out of nowhere I hear he is back and playing in town - I head down to scalp a ticket and some guy gives me a free one in first level stage right - 2nd row. The opening band played old school country rock and the crowd though aged reminded me of the Rock and Roll seventies audiences - jeans, long hair, leather tatoos - i knew I was home! Needless to say the place went crazy when Bob took the stage and from that moment on it was like no other show - just good ole' rock and roll. Of course, he played some songs I wasnt thrilled about but he and the band did it with the energy you'd expect from a "true" rock legend and when he did play Travelin Man/Beautiful loser - the place was electric. I believe aside from the stones he is the last of the great bands! I wish/hope I can see him and the silver bullet band play some outdoor shows this summer - wouldnt a day under the hot sun with thousands of others seeing Seger/Geils/BOC/Frampton/Nazereth/Michael Stanley Band/Heart/Todd Rungrent/Derringer/Trower/Steve Miller Band..... be that be nice
Yea I know I am stuck in 1978 but that is when the music moved me - Long live Old Time Rock and Roll!

Re: Seger Rocked
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 8, 2007 19:09

Saw him earlier this tour. Having a great time on stage and the band (especially Alto) is smokin'!

I remember the floppy leather hats from 70's concerts. What a hoot!

Oh, yeah, I'm glad somebody else remembers Starz. I like 'em.

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: March 8, 2007 21:25

Yes Seger does Rock I have seen 3 shows already this tour and am going to 2 of the 3 Detroit shows next week. He is by far one of the greats. Sorry to say you won't get to see him play any outdoor shows this summer the tour ends on the 17th of march, and he said he will not tour this summer and he won't make any future plans till at least october.

Posted by: JaggerFan ()
Date: March 8, 2007 21:34

I'm gonna put some on right now...

Posted by: Goldsmith ()
Date: March 8, 2007 21:40

Mosquito Dam Jam? Are you from Warren?

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: March 9, 2007 01:48

The only complaint I have with his show I saw here in Florida in January is that the sound was too L-O-W! Otherwise it was a well paced show, it was great to see how much fun he was having!smiling smiley

Posted by: ShatterednVA ()
Date: March 9, 2007 16:35

Y-Town is my Town LOL were you at Mosquito Dam Jam? I will never forget that day - more so than 1979 Who Concert in Cincinatti or Stones at Cleveland Stadium

Posted by: Goldsmith ()
Date: March 9, 2007 17:35

I wasn't there as I was about five at the time. I was born in Y-Town, grew up in Warren - Howland HS

Posted by: DocL ()
Date: February 5, 2008 17:01

Saw Seger probably a dozen times in the 70's, last time at the 1980 World Series of Rock at Cleveland Stadium.

Starz was a great band! Had all their LP's and tapes. Saw them the first time at Akron Civic Theatre where singer Michael Lee Smith fell off the stage. They rocked every time I saw them.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 5, 2008 20:58

Michael Lee was brother of Rex Smith, I think. I like Starz too. Not to mention Brother Seger. I'm probably stuck in 1978 too. Not a bad time/place to be.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 6, 2008 03:42

Yeah the Seger tour was great. Unfortunately,it doesn't look like old Bob is comoing back around anytime soon. but their are rumors of a live CD/DVD from the tour. That would be pretty cool.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: February 7, 2008 04:18

Roll Me Away as wake-up call. Good choice.

other wake-up calls by NASA
[history.nasa.gov]
Start Me Up and Satisfaction is on the list.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1268
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home