Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WILL YOU WELCOME PLEASE, THE ROLLING STONES!" (that voice!)
Posted by: Forty Niks ()
Date: March 7, 2007 07:07

That voice, that voice! O, how its manly timbre enriched the '81/'82 tour! "Ladies and gentlemen, will you welcome please, THE ROLLING STONES!!!" it bellowed with such authority.

But whose voice, pray tell, was it? I love it! (Hampton's my favourtie!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-07 23:20 by Forty Niks.

Re: "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WILL YOU WELCOME PLEASE, THE ROLLING STONES!" (that voice!)
Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: March 7, 2007 07:13

pee wee herman

Re: "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WILL YOU WELCOME PLEASE, THE ROLLING STONES!" (that voice!)
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: March 7, 2007 08:03

Bill Graham?

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: March 7, 2007 13:05

Yes, it´s Bill Graham.

Posted by: witterings ()
Date: March 7, 2007 14:13

Yeah, that's right, it's Bill Graham, but who was it on "Got live, if you want it"?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 7, 2007 14:28

Bill Graham, legendary promoter and impresario, managed their entire 81-82 tour, I believe. He lost the 89-90 tour to Cohl and died in a helicopter crash in 91, I believe.

I can recall that at my first Stones concert in 75, he was personally down in front of the Cow Palace seeing how things were going when they began to let fans into the building. That's how he did things. He was a tyrant, some say, but he cared enough to do the little things like that that made his shows great and well produced. His company, Bill Graham Presents, goes on today. He was a great man.

plex

Date: March 7, 2007 14:34

But who was the echo dude who said it on Ya yas?

Date: March 7, 2007 14:52

If you mean the "Everything seems to be ready etc" - Sam Cutler, I think.

Posted by: martingo ()
Date: March 7, 2007 14:53

witterings Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, that's right, it's Bill Graham, but who was
> it on "Got live, if you want it"?

Wasn't it Long John Baldry?

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: March 7, 2007 14:55

Yes, during the 1969/70 tours it was Sam Cutler who introduced them. He also features in "Gimme Shelter" wearing a red-brown leather jacket ...

Re: that voice!
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 7, 2007 14:57

>> on Got Live If You Want It
Wasn't it Long John Baldry? <<

yep

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: March 7, 2007 23:07

Meise Wrote:
> Yes, during the 1969/70 tours it was Sam Cutler
> who introduced them. He also features in "Gimme
> Shelter" wearing a red-brown leather jacket ...

I thought they dropped Cutler after the '69 Tour.

Posted by: forligan ()
Date: March 8, 2007 02:31

amazing, I too always was impressed with that intro by Bill Graham, perfect the way it goes right into Under My Thumb. Worst intro was that french guy on Love you Live, nasally little eeeeeccchh.

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: March 8, 2007 02:35

Who was introducing them during the '78 American Tour as "...the Rolling f...ing Stones?"

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: March 8, 2007 02:46

it was mick himself in 78 from back stage

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: March 8, 2007 03:03

Thanks

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 8, 2007 03:06

whos the guy on LYL speakin french?

I dont like Mike Kohls french on the FF Olympia show. he doenst even try to do an accent.

Posted by: Forty Niks ()
Date: March 8, 2007 09:22

ryanpow Wrote:

>
> I dont like Mike Kohls french on the FF Olympia
> show. he doenst even try to do an accent.

there are certain moments when it occurs to me that Ryanpow is the man. this is one of them.

you're right - cohl's butchering of the french is probably the worst thing about FF paris. (with the exception - maybe - of 'heartbreaker')

Posted by: Des ()
Date: March 8, 2007 18:37

Sorry if Canadian French offends. Or worse an English speaking Canadian with a poor command of the Canadian version of the language.

If you are French and complaining consider that French canadians turn their noses up at folks who talk Parisian French and also Canadians that try to fake an accent. In canada you are either fluent or condemmed for trying.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1700
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home