Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: On the Eve of the Tour Announcement, I Give You My 12 Year Old Daughter's Essay "One Thing I Would Save If My House was on Fire"
Posted by: czr ()
Date: March 9, 2007 04:50

That's so cool,
I first discovered the Stones from my dad too, in a way. I was going thru his record colection & came acrossed 12x5 then Out of thier Heads & so on. After he passed away Mom gave them to me. Records I will keep forever.

If she likes rap, how about the Red Hot Chili Peppers?

Re: On the Eve of the Tour Announcement, I Give You My 12 Year Old Daughter's Essay "One Thing I Would Save If My House was on Fire"
Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: March 9, 2007 05:48

Great Story !!

NOW ADDED: A FEW PICS OF MY DAUGHTER re: On the Eve of the Tour Announcement, I Give You My 12 Year Old Daughter's Essay "One Thing I Would Save If My House was on Fire"
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 13, 2007 06:28

OK EVERYONE, HERE ARE A FEW PICS OF MY DAUTHTER

1ST -- Both of us with Blondie in Vancouver Nov 06

2 & 3 -- At the Shidoobees pre-party, The Dog Haus, Vancouver

2 - 4 -- Whitney at her birthday party (be sure and look carefully for the Stones gift(s) in the last photo)

THE PLEXIGLASS

Re: My daughter: "One Thing I Would Save If My House was on Fire"
Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: March 13, 2007 11:48

Judging from your car (picture 4), she's not your only daugther, is she? ;-)

Jelle

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: March 13, 2007 16:21

I’ll probably get some flack for this. I’m not trying to stir the pot, but I just need to say it. Is Tim Plexiglass really Brian Billick? That’s not my main point – just an observation.

Open-g hit on this, and I’m just taking it a step further.

Tim, while being a rightfully proud father, has posted on the web:

His 12 year old daughter’s picture
Her name
Her school
Her teacher
Her home state, and if I were to search Tim’s postings, I may find their town
Her interests (Rolling Stones)

That’s just way too much information to be putting out there, in my opinion.

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: March 13, 2007 16:37

I can understand what you're saying, and for sure I don't live on that side of the ocean, so maybe I just cannot judge this. But I'm glad Plexi did not get hit yet by the overprotectionistic fever that chokes all growth of awareness of real life for his daughter. I mean, we were not brought up in a paranoid environment, and we are doing pretty fine, don't we?

Jelle

Edit: i can see some arguments against my post, but without going into detail about what I exactly do and don't think: it is good to keep your head clear as a parent, and find a decent balance between protection and shelter on one side, and paranoid behaviour/denial in stead of dealing with the matter on the other side.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-13 16:45 by sluissie.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: March 13, 2007 16:40

WMiller is exactly correct.......Tim, I know you are very proud of your daughter....as well you should be, and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about her adventure and essay, but there are some sick people on the internet....some of whom might be reading this very thread....so maybe you should remove some of the details and photos...seriously. Sorry to be a party pooper.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 13, 2007 17:19

I have to agree with Luke and WMiller here on this one. While I was excited that Tim's daughter is such an avid fan - so rare these days to find a very young person who appreciates them, I admit, I cringed when I saw that he not only posted her name, but school and other info too.

I know that I sometimes get too personal on this site as well, it's easy to do that because there is a comfort zone writing to the regular posters, but there are sickos out there who unfortunately prey on young kids. bv often posts the statistics for monthly visitors, who knows who's reading what. I once posted my son's photo on here and within a short time thought about what I had done and removed it. It's just not worth risking it.

Tim - your daughter is absolutely beautiful, she has the bone structure of a model. You are going to have enough on your hands dealing with the local boys. I suggest locking her in her room for the next 10 years.

Date: March 13, 2007 18:06

Well thanks Cindy, finally a comment on how beautiful she is. I really did not want this to degenerate into a battle over whether or not I should have posted it.

You know, I grew up in a pretty innocent time and place -- Sacramento in the 60s and 70s. Seems like the whole west coast now has become overly frenzied and paranoid, and I suppose with some reason.

I moved to rural Montana in 1983. There are more people in Sacramento than in all of Montana, yet we are a geographically huge state. Our county is larger than some eastern states. The town nearest to us (6 miles away) is only 3,500 in population. I think lots of folks do not lock doors to homes or cars. They even leave keys in the ignition.

There is not much crime here, certainly not of the sort that has been mentioned. I feel quite safe here, as I did in Sacramento in the 60s.

I think most of you are from big cities and know nothing of rural life. Yet, I will consider your arguments, and I do know you are only making them out of genuine concern (for an IORR brother), and I appreciate that. I will consult with my friend who runs IT at another local tribal college about this. He is quite knowledgeable.

But in the meantime -- isn't this a great story, and cool, and aren't the photos great??!!

And do I look like Brian Billick of the Ravens, Miller?

THE PLEXIGLASS

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 13, 2007 18:16

Lukester Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...but there are some
> sick people on the internet....some of whom might
> be reading this very thread....

Too late, Lukester, I just saw those photos.

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: March 13, 2007 18:38

timbernardis Wrote:
>
>
> And do I look like Brian Billick of the Ravens,
> Miller?
>
> THE PLEXIGLASS

When I first looked at your picture, I thought, "He 'looks like somebody'." Brian Billick (of the Ravens) ultimately came to mind. If I were to look again, maybe I'd not agree!

Right out of high school I passed up the opportunity to drive cross country from Florida with a couple of friends and spend a month or so painting one of their father's houses/ranch in Montana. 20 years later and I still carry some regret for passing on the chance to see our country, especially the great northwest.

BTW, your daughter is beautiful and, more importantly, apparently quite smart!

Re: PHOTOS ADDED - My daughter "One Thing I Would Save If My House was on Fire"
Date: March 13, 2007 18:42

Tim,

I'm probably the only one who said it because all the older guys feel creepy about commenting on how beautiful a young girl is. It's definitely the society we live in now, people just want to be careful.

I don't think any of us are judging you on the fact that you posted it, it was definitely said out of concern. You are right about the locality playing a part in it. I'm from the Boston area, the heart of the Catholic priest scandal. It's done a job on me in the trust area. Anyway, better safe than sorry, right!

Seriously your daughter is gorgous. My first thought was, wow, she looks like a younger Angelina Jolie. She also looks a lot like the little girl in Love Actually, the one the little boy was infatuated with.

Looks AND good taste in music - that's a killer combination. Better keep Reptile away from her!

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: March 13, 2007 19:02

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-29 21:35 by cirrhosis.

Date: March 13, 2007 19:12

yeah Sir Hosis - I didn't want to name names, but yours was # 1 on my list of people not allowed to babysit.

Re: My daughter "One Thing I Would Save If My House was on Fire"
Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: March 13, 2007 19:14

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-30 20:53 by cirrhosis.

Date: March 13, 2007 19:16

cirrhosis Wrote:
Man's got to know his limitations.

So true, so true. That allows a man a long and happy life of enjoying his perversions.

Date: March 13, 2007 19:18

Tim....I embrace your trusting attitude....I come from the same school of life. I understand your pride. Thanks for understanding our suggestions were made out of genuine concern and nothing else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-13 22:23 by Lukester.

Date: March 13, 2007 22:37

OK EVERYBODY, I DELETED A FEW THINGS. Hope its enough.

Date: March 13, 2007 22:39

OH, AND, CAN WE ALSO GET BACK TO THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 14, 2007 02:58

You sure she's not MsTuesday?

Date: March 14, 2007 22:37

sluissie Wrote:
> Judging from your car (picture 4), she's not your
> only daugther, is she? ;-)
>
> Jelle

You mean the wrist that is visible? This was a birthday party and that is one of her friends. Yes, I have another daughter who is visible in the last photo at the far end of the table.

plexi

Re: Update - Daughter of Plexiglass Gets Award for Essay "One Thing I Would Save If My House was on Fire"
Date: May 8, 2007 20:28

Re: Update - Daughter of Plexiglass Gets Award for Essay "One Thing I Would Save If My House was on Fire"
Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 8, 2007 23:57

Great story indeed. And I was actually eye witness being right next to Tim and his daughter on the rail of the B-stage then. Plus at the Vancouver hotel when we met Charlie, also that is where many other great events happened then. Great way to end the tour last year!

Bjornulf

Date: May 9, 2007 04:25

Thanks BV. I really appreciate your comments.

You were indeed near us on the railing, in fact, you were the one who spotted us first and waved and only then did I see you as it was rather dark at that time (the B stage had not yet rolled out).

Yes, Vancouver was a special stop on the tour for us as so many magical, unexpected things happened. I will always treaure the memories as will my daughter.

The Plexiglass

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 9, 2007 06:06

Very nice story Tim.

Date: May 9, 2007 07:47

sweetcharmedlife Wrote:
> Very nice story Tim.

Thanks sweet.

Plexi

Re: Update - Daughter of Plexiglass Gets Award for Essay on Stones "One Thing I Would Save If My House was on Fire"
Posted by: bombayturner ()
Date: May 9, 2007 15:07

When she is 15 she might forget about the pics and do a 'nelson'

On Christmas Eve 1969, his Tennessee farm, Ridgetop, burned down. Everyone was safe, but Nelson plunged back into the ruins. “I went in through the back door and headed for my guitar case,” he says. Inside the rescued case was “Trigger,” his now-trademark Martin classical guitar with a hole beaten out by his powerhouse playing. That, and “two pounds of Colombian ‘tea.’”

Re: Update - Daughter of Plexiglass Gets Award for Essay on Stones "One Thing I Would Save If My House was on Fire"
Date: May 9, 2007 16:45

....the deceased Ricky Nelson?.....

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: May 9, 2007 17:20

Plexi your wife must be a stunner cos your daughter looks nothing like you me lad! hahaha. No offence intended.

I have an 11 week old daughter and am praying she will be a Stones head....

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 9, 2007 17:58

Lukester Wrote:
> ....the deceased Ricky Nelson?.....

No, Willie Nelson.

'cause a beaten up Martin guitar named Trigger and the "tea" of course give the hint

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1189
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home