Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Essay: One Thing I Would Save If My House was on Fire
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 7, 2007 04:48

Just received:

HARDIN MIDDLE SCHOOL
GEAR UP PROGRAM

May 2, 2007

Mr. and Mrs. Tim Bernardis
Whitney Bernardis

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Bernardis and Whitney:

Congratulations to you!! Whitney has been named a GEAR UP Essay winner. In honor of her accomplishment, you and Whitney are invited to attend the Honor Dinner on XXXX, XXX XX, 2007 at XXXX p.m. at the Hole In One Ft. Custer Golf Course. Each student may bring two adults.

Whitney will receive a $200 College Scholarship to be used upon graduation from high school. Her essay will also be published in a book that will be distributed to all essay winners in Montana.

Please R.S.V.P. before May 10,2007.

Very truly yours,

name, GEAR UP LIAISON

NOTE: Whitney will be going to all 3 London shows and likely to some of the IORR gatherings.

NOW ADDED; A FEW PICS OF MY DAUGHTER -- On the Eve of the Tour Announcement, I Give You My 12 Year Old Daughter's Essay "One Thing I Would Save If My House was on Fire"

My Rolling Stones Guitar Picks

If my house was on fire and I had time to save one thing, it would be my Rolling Stones guitar picks. I got one from Keith Richard’s personal assistant at the last concert of “A Bigger Bang World Wide Tour 2005-06”. I am a big Stones fan and my dad is an even bigger fan! When my dad took me to Vancouver,Canada to see the Rolling Stones in concert. We had a lot of great things happen to us but mostly me!

When our plane landed that’s when our luck began that night we met one of the background singers Blondie Chaplin. My dad and I got a couple of pictures and an autograph! Then the next day we went to the pre party and I met some of the biggest Stones fans ever! I met Tongue Lady the other Stones fans call her that because every Stones concert she goes to she dresses up in a big foam tongue! Then my dad and I met this guy the Stones fans call him bead man because he gives away Stones necklaces with Stones tongue logo as the beads. Then we met his girlfriend who’s a painter and was face painting Stones tongues so I got my face painted.

Later my dad and I went to the stadium to see the concert. My dad and I sat in the first section row six and toward the end of every concert the Stones go out on to this little stage that moves and sing for about three songs. About five minutes before that my dad and I moved out and stood close to where the small stage moves. We went out towards the small stage and waited there so when the band arrived and about into their song one of my favorite songs “Miss You” this guy comes up and hands me two guitar picks and they are Keith Richards. Being the grateful daughter that I am, I give one to my dad as an early Christmas present.

So after the concert my dad and I went to our hotel and there was an after party for the band! So my dad and I went to go look around and after about fifteen minutes we left and right when we were about to get in to the elevator this random lady that works in our hotel comes running up to us an hands me another Rolling Stones guitar pick she said “Here Mick Jagger just gave this to me!” I was so happy! So that is what gets saved if my house was burning, My Rolling Stones Guitar Picks!!

Plexiglass Daughter

Edited 11 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-09 20:57 by bv.

Re: On the Eve (or nearly so) of the Announcement of the Rolling Stones Tour of Europe 2007, I Give You My 12 Year Old Daughter's "A" Essay on "One Thing I Would Save If My House was on Fire"
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 7, 2007 04:49

Now that you've thoroughly brainwashed her, when will you buy her her first car?

Re: On the Eve the Tour Announcement, Here is My 12 Year Old Daughter's Essay "One Thing I Would Save If My House was on Fire"
Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: March 7, 2007 05:01

You have the most awesome daughter in the world

Re: On the Eve the Tour Announcement, Here is My 12 Year Old Daughter's Essay "One Thing I Would Save If My House was on Fire"
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 7, 2007 05:02

Congratulations, Tim! You must be a very proud father.

Posted by: MsTuesday ()
Date: March 7, 2007 05:06

Aww
I would save all my posters.
Well if i had to choose ONE poster, it would be the Rolling Stones
A Bigger Bang tour poster.
I was at that Vancouver concert with MY mom smiling smiley
and bought a tshirt and poster.
:O
i would save all my band tshirts too.
I have about 15 pieces of band clothing (shirts, hoodies, boxers inc.)
and.... about 13 posters
OH i'd save my beatles record too..
and my cat..
I just couldnt decided.

[[FEAR; BUILDS WALLS.]]

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 7, 2007 05:09

Very good MsTuesday!

Close contender to Timbernardis daughter.

Date: March 7, 2007 05:11

Edith Grove Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Congratulations, Tim! You must be a very proud
> father.

Indeed. She has seen the band once on the Licks tour (had barely turned 9 by a week) and 8 times thus far on ABB. She even met Gazza and a few other IORR people in Berlin and BV in Vancouver.

She stood next to me in Vancouver when I met Charlie Watts, too shy.

I might also add, she received an "A" (top) grade for this essay from her instructor.

plexi

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 7, 2007 05:16

Congrats Tim. Sounds like ya got a great kid. Both of you keep on rocking.

Posted by: KWhinos ()
Date: March 7, 2007 06:12

Nice MR. Plexiglass

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 7, 2007 06:29

i think i saw the guy give you the pics at the b-stage - i was just a few people away from you.

did you stay at that hotel? who was the woman who gave you mick's pick?

Posted by: Forty Niks ()
Date: March 7, 2007 06:57

yikes . . . aren't you worried you're smothering your daughter with high expectations? i mean, isn't it a little much to be posting her writings in the internet?

she'll never have the courage to tell you that she prefers the beatles . . .

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 7, 2007 07:10

she didn't say anything about the music; that should come off of her final grade.
welcome to the real world kid.
:-O

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-07 07:21 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: bombayturner ()
Date: March 7, 2007 08:19

early morning in the office and i have to grab for tissue paper.

priceless.

timbernadis essay would hopefully say 'i'll get out my little dreamgirl'

Date: March 7, 2007 12:01

little queenie Wrote:
> i think i saw the guy give you the pics at the
> b-stage - i was just a few people away from you.
>
> did you stay at that hotel? who was the woman who
> gave you mick's pick?

We were standing near the front left corner of the B stage (as you look straight out toward the front from Charlie and The Plexiglass's perch), just a little in on Keith's side. BV was just about 3 people a little further down.

There was also a good looking blond gal who he gave a pick(s) to. I was later told that the guy was Keith's personal assistant. I have seen him do this at other shows.

Yes, we stayed at the Pan Pacific, but just because it seemed a nice place to stay with a view and we got a good deal as part of a package on Hotels.com. Had no idea the Stones were staying there until we saw Blondie. Total coincidence, but I would like to stay at their hotel more often in the future if cost doesnt kill.

The woman who gave her the pick -- l'wren, we couldn't believe it, and neither should you. No, it was a uniformed hotel employee who had been part of a bunch keeping watch outside the Stones party. BTW, the pick read Ronnie Wood.

Here we are with Blondie, well, I guess not, don't know how to copy a photo on my computer into a post -- Help??

plexig

Re: On the Eve of the Tour Announcement, I Give You My 12 Year Old Daughter's Essay "One Thing I Would Save If My House was on Fire"
Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: March 7, 2007 12:20

Ahhh, that's so cute! Lovely story - great daughter! Take well care of her, so she gets to se the Stones several times.

This morning at 4 AM, the firealarm went off in my house. I managed to take with me my most valuable Stones photos, albums, guitarpicks, drumsticks and the Andy Warhol Jagger portraits... There was a fire, all right. But after 2 hours we could go back into the building. Two appartmens were damaged. Mine's fine - and I really would have hated to see most of my Stones collection go up in smoke. Scary experience, though.

Re: On the Eve of the Tour Announcement, I Give You My 12 Year Old Daughter's Essay "One Thing I Would Save If My House was on Fire"
Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: March 7, 2007 15:31

i had a house burn down once, i probably had time to save something, instead i ran like hell!

great essay from a ,doubtless, great kid!

OLDKR

Re: Play With Fire
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 7, 2007 16:53

Jean Cocteau was once asked (in an interview largely about the many priceless and extraordinary things in his home)
what one thing he would take from the house in case of a fire. he seemed really baffled by such a dumb question:
"the fire, of course!"

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 7, 2007 17:07

Jumpin'JackFrash Wrote:
> You have the most awesome daughter in the world

She is indeed a sweet kid. Both of Tim's daughters are, in fact.

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: March 7, 2007 17:23

She could have received an A+ with just a little setlist analysis.....

cool smiley

Great story, thanks.

Date: March 8, 2007 05:21

HEY EVERYBODY - I want to post a photo of my daughter from my computer to

IORR -- HOW DO I DO THIS??

mister ple

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 8, 2007 06:20

Hey Tim, zee plex,

all the best to you and your family.

Now it would be easy to explain how to post pictures - but....

I don't think it's a good idea to post your daughters face on the web.
and before you do that - you
need to put up the mean mugshots of me and Gazza, just to make sure every one knows who they're dealin' with.

greetz to Withney & you all

Date: March 8, 2007 06:56

open-g

Finally I hear from you! I thought I would hear from you earlier. Hope to see you at a show this summer.

Hey, just one question:

Is zee plex (ze Plex) German for the Plexiglass??!!

zee plex

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 8, 2007 07:04

Is this actually the eve of the tour announcement? I just checked NEWS & didnt see anything...

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 8, 2007 07:16

timbernardis Wrote:
> open-g
>
> Finally I hear from you! I thought I would hear
> from you earlier. Hope to see you at a show this
> summer.
>
> Hey, just one question:
>
> Is zee plex (ze Plex) German for the
> Plexiglass??!!
>
>
> zee plex

Zis izz only ze over prronounciziation of ze typical movie model german - nothing to do with me, lol

yeah, hope to see ya this summer.

Date: March 8, 2007 07:21

Tim. I hope you don't mind if I get a little OT here. Just wonderin' on your last visit to the bay area did you find any good stores for stones bootlegs? I live here and don't know of any. if you want you can E- Mail me.

Thanks Plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-08 07:25 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: czr ()
Date: March 9, 2007 00:48

What a great post! Thanx for sharing it.
Wow,
I don't know any 12 year olds that listen to R&R. My 15 old brother only listens to rap. sad smiley

What was her first Stones experience and what other types of music does she listen too?

Date: March 9, 2007 04:24

sweetcharmedlife Wrote:
> Tim. I hope you don't mind if I get a little OT
> here. Just wonderin' on your last visit to the bay
> area did you find any good stores for stones
> bootlegs? I live here and don't know of any. if
> you want you can E- Mail me.
>
> Thanks Plexi

sweet

First I want to say that the main problem with my visit to the Bay Area was not finding any boots, but the fact that we were UNABLE TO CONVENE A MEETING OF THE BAY AREA PLEXIGLASS SOCIETY (BAPS)!!

As far as boots go, you are right on the mark -- almost nothing. I went to both Amoebas in The City and Berkeley, Rasputins in Berkeley, I think that was mostly it. There was an item here and there -- for example I found a copy of the Hampton 81 DVD which I let go, then was bought a few days later by an IORR member (he posted such on the boards).

But I was really disappointed. It did NOT used to be that way. I think they are all scared of getting busted. Right now, New York has more balls. There are at least 2 stores in the Village that I have personally visited as recently as the Beacon shows that have boatloads of boots (kind of rhymes, doesnt it?).

Yeah, we should get together next time I am in town. My e mail can be found on this site. Keep in touch. Thanks.

THE PLEXIGLASS

Date: March 9, 2007 04:28

My E-Mail is visible as well Tim. I would love to meet you, next time you are in town.

Date: March 9, 2007 04:42

czr Wrote:
> What a great post! Thanx for sharing it.
> Wow,
> I don't know any 12 year olds that listen to R&R.
> My 15 old brother only listens to rap. sad smiley
>
> What was her first Stones experience and what
> other types of music does she listen too?

Thanks for your interest. Yes, I will admit it -- I deliberately brainwashed her. In the months leading up to and during the Licks tour before her first show in Denver, I would play the Stones as much as I could at home, in the car, when she was asleep (just kidding about that last one). And when we went home on vacation to California, I had a captive audience and would really use this time to maximum advantage. It worked. I can recall when Satisfaction was playing in the car and she chimed in with the "Hey, hey, hey"s and so on, my wife turned to me and said "Brainwashed." But of course.

I always used to think "what if I could have gone to Benny Goodman concerts with my dad (bless his golden but late soul)." And I thought, I am not going to miss this opportunity with my kid. She was 8 plus 1 week when we went to the Denver show. She wore kind of a Mick get up -- leather jacket, black pants with silver sparkles down the sides. And something I will always treasure -- as we were walking around the hallway of the arena on the way to our seats, some guy out of nowhere stopped us and said "Thats really cool, how old is she? This is something you are never going to forget, your dad taking you to the 40th anniversary tour of the Rolling Stones. You have a really cool dad."

Anyway, little did I realize that was just the beginning. She has been to *8* shows on the ABB tour, once in the 2nd row, once in the 6th, and once in the 13th among them. Not sure about Europe (though she did go to 3 there last summer).

Brainwashed -- well, not completely. She could have chosen NOT to get into the Stones. But she did. She likes hip hop and rap a lot (actually listens more to this than anything), country (we are from Montana). But i have brought her to a few symphonies/classical music shows, including a Mozart concert in one of Mozart's houses in Salzburg last summer.

Next brainwashing job: the Who. But of course, continuing to play lots of Stones. you should have seen her birthday party in January -- about 6-8 Stones gifts, a Stones tongue on her birthday cake (should post photos).

THE PLEXIGLASS

Date: March 9, 2007 04:50

ONE MORE THING:

SHE HAS BEEN ASKING ME ON OCCASION IF SHE CAN GET HER OWN MEMBERSHIP ON IORR AND SHIDOOBEE.

P

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1171
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home