Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: jogged tonight ?
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 2, 2007 02:47

The last thing I want to do is get in your brain,mick.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: March 2, 2007 03:00

...... That's right........(I saw your comment the other day SCL, you have eaten fruit from the tree of knowledge - I float over the board and see ALL...... except for what I miss - lol, such a tippy toe entrance....)

Date: March 2, 2007 03:25

HelterSkelter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...... That's right........(I saw your comment the
> other day SCL, you have eaten fruit from the tree
> of knowledge - I float over the board and see
> ALL...... except for what I miss - lol, such a
> tippy toe entrance....)

Uh...............WHAT?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: kelv ()
Date: March 2, 2007 05:52

Believe me it's very possible to be a runner and a Stones fan, after all last year my primary reason for being in France was for a footrace across that country
(http://www.coolrunning.com.au/forums/index.php?showtopic=12400) Trans Gaule, it was only a happy coincidence that it meant i'd be over there in time for the Nice Concert. Down here in Australia, snow thankfully isnt an issue, but sometimes heat is, still at the moment am consistently churning out 20K+ days, though i can't listen to music when i running, just try to focus on my running.
Kelvin

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 2, 2007 16:42

Of course it's possible to be a runner and a Stones fan. It's also possible to be a Stone and a runner. I'm still looking for a pic of Mick running or at least a pic of Mick in his running shorts!

Date: March 2, 2007 17:03

Edith, LIFE magazine (I think it was) published one around the 1981 tour (said Mick does 7 miles a day and sings while he's running to get prepped for the stage - mainly sings Motown, very rarely Stones). If you can track down that issue....

Kelv, the comments/critisizm had nothing to do with running, it was about the posters attitude.....

Date: March 2, 2007 17:06

Edith G - here's one of him in his swimming trunks if that's any good to you?!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 2, 2007 17:26

Manofwealthandtaste Wrote:
> Edith G - here's one of him in his swimming trunks
> if that's any good to you?!
> [i5.photobucket.com]
> ndtaste/jagger9.jpg

Thanks Man! I think it was Adrian-L that has seen Mick running around Richmond Park. Surely someone must have snapped a pic of him sometime. I was just intrested in what a 63 y.o. Mick looks like in running shorts!

Posted by: wesley ()
Date: March 2, 2007 21:57

I did my work out at the gym two hours ago.

I do some jogging sometimes, but I prefer basketball much more..

I`ve done cross country skiing too, that´s something I recommend all those who have the possibilities - go for it!

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: March 3, 2007 00:05

will go tomorrow morning to my local gym,
amd afterwards me and my pals go the flowershopcaffé , for coffee and singing.

Posted by: silverrain ()
Date: March 3, 2007 01:24

When Jagger runs he wears a full on trench coat with a hood. The kind of coat you see boxers wear into the ring. With the hood up you can't see his face.

mike

Posted by: kelv ()
Date: March 3, 2007 08:20

HelterSkelter Wrote:
Kelv, the comments/critisizm had nothing to do
with running, it was about the posters attitude.....

No problems with that at all, i do remember a newpaper article saying that Mick was looking forward to being in England and drinking some particular beer as he needed it to put on a little weight, pretty sure it mentioned his training regime (and at the time thought i could relate way too well, both the training and the need for beer). Looking at some of the videos from the early 80's reckon he covered about 10K just on stage, not quite as much energy now (and he has a wipedown and water when Keiths singing whereas before was more involved), but still is very fit for a 63 year old (speaking as a 42 year old with 25 years of marathon running behind him just hope i'm as fit then), maybe it's been the ladies in his life :-).

Date: March 3, 2007 13:54

Oh, yeah... the guy is just in AMAZING shape... I'd love to see his medical charts, his numbers must be like a 16 yr olds that's VERY pysically active and healthy. If he doesn't get hit by a bus he should easily make it to 95/100.....

Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: March 3, 2007 14:31

This thread sort of relates to another part of my life, so here goes (hope this doesn't violate any forum rules; I value the camaraderie and spirit of IORR).

I run daily, and have done about a dozen marathons in my life, many of them fund-raising marathons for AIDS --training in Los Angeles but running in marathons all over the U.S. I'm a 49-year-old guy who has been living with AIDS for 16 years. Last year, I did a 585-mile cycling fund-raiser for AIDS, starting in Los Angeles and concluding in Los Angeles.

I'm doing the cycling fund-raiser again in June. You can visit my home page at www.aidslifecycle.org/1003 and see a pic of me, learn why I ride and read my blog. You can even leave a message of support on my page. This ride is about raising awareness as well as funds. If anyone can help me reach my fund-raising goal, that would be awesome. If I can raise awareness about AIDS among fellow IORR posters, that's great, too.

OK, end of spiel. Now, I'm going for a run. When you're my age, it's best to run before the sun rises to avoid having people point and jeer!

Date: March 3, 2007 15:30

Dear Monkeylad, see no problem with leaving your thread at all. Damn good news to hear you're doing well with your health situation. Life throws so many obstacles at us, be it health problems , emotional problems, accidents, etc etc, that it's a miracle any of us make it to 70 or 80.People that are super young or haven't been thrown into lifes "Spin Cycle" yet don't understand the struggle of dealing with these hardships. A little more understanding and sympathy towards our fellow human beings is always something we can use a lot more of on this "ain't - my - problem" sometimes cold planet. I'll be sure to check out your web site, take care of your health and best of luck, Helter

Date: March 3, 2007 17:42

Monkeylad,best of luck to you and you certainly have my support.

Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: March 3, 2007 20:36

Thanks for the kind words, HelterSkelter & Sweetcharmedlife . . . I'm pretty convinced that exercise has a lot to do with how I'm doing with this disease. I plan on outliving all of the Stones. Well, probably not Keith.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1381
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home