Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

gnr
Posted by: stonedmike ()
Date: February 24, 2007 07:22

chinese democracy has been scrapped

Re: gnr
Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: February 24, 2007 11:02

Yeah, The Rolling STones weren't allowed to play songs like Honky TOnk Woman, BEast Of Burden etc

Posted by: JK ()
Date: February 24, 2007 13:35

The original line up might make a comback. This was at the MTV (Finland) news earlier this week. Steven Adler has already talked to Slah and Izzy. Axl is negotiating with Duff.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 24, 2007 14:57

JK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The original line up might make a comback. This
> was at the MTV (Finland) news earlier this week.
> Steven Adler has already talked to Slah and Izzy.
> Axl is negotiating with Duff.

If the original line-up will ever get back together I think it will be with Matt Sorum, not with Adler. Adler's drumming skills did not survive his 10 year long heroin addiction.

Mathijs

Posted by: JK ()
Date: February 24, 2007 15:38

According to MTV comeback is Adler´s idea. Knowing GNR he might be (if the comeback ever happens...) replaced after the firt rehearsal.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 24, 2007 16:14

JK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> According to MTV comeback is Adler´s idea. Knowing
> GNR he might be (if the comeback ever happens...)
> replaced after the firt rehearsal.

I can imagine it's his idea! All members of GnR earned a trillion dollars, while Adler ended up broke...

Mathijs

Date: February 24, 2007 18:10

All Adlers money went into his nose or veins. I do not feel iota of pity for him.

Posted by: czr ()
Date: February 25, 2007 21:53

Yeah,I read this on a G&R message board.
Who knows? There's big $ in it. I don't think Slash, Duff & Matt will do it for the $. But I hope some greedy promo guy will convince them. For the $ or not it would be the best reunion ever. They broke up way to soon. I bet there's lots more these guy can offer. I saw the Axel Rose solo project (the new G&R) when they came to my town. It was a great G&R cover band, but like Mick without Keith, it wasn't the same. If only Slash & Axel would talk to Mick & Keith. smiling smiley

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: February 26, 2007 01:16

I always felt this band was way over-rated. Of course I realize GnR fans will disagree, but I hate Axl's singing, and I've never found the band to have much depth. And Slash? I dunno. The covers mentioned in a recent thread (Sympathy and Live and Let Die) just felt very wrong to me, not very good. I guess Paradise City was OK, for a rock anthem type song, but I still can't get past the horrid vocals.

Axl has said and done so many stupid things I think maybe I'd prefer this band not have a future... Maybe I am just anti-Axl...

OK, carry on... I await my proverbial whipping.

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: February 26, 2007 01:38

i personally dislike axl rose so i can't see myself paying to see him ever..

he's a dick.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: February 26, 2007 02:45

I liked Guns N'Roses a lot in the early 90s. Saw them also in a great concert in 1993. But I hate Axl Rose's personality. He is a disgrace for the human race! The upcoming 'Chinese Democracy' album will be not such a big success, like the old GNR albums and Axl knows this, if he's honest! Maybe this is the real reason, why this album will always be delayed.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: February 26, 2007 02:57

It wpuld be great if they get back together but i hope it will be with Izzy Stradlin!!!!!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Forty Niks ()
Date: February 26, 2007 03:00

What's the only thing more predictable than Elmo Lewis turning a thread about a female musician into a "sizing up"?

A thread about GNR turning into an Axl-bashing contest!

What is the beef people have with this guy? He's got a great voice, he's written some great songs, and he can penguin-walk with the best of 'em.

OK, I won't attempt to defend the indefensible: the corn rows were an abomination.

I had a great time seeing GNR a couple of months ago. Hoping to see 'em again soon.

Posted by: stonedmike ()
Date: February 26, 2007 06:14

gnr is second or third in my taste. stones, zepp ehen gnr. great songs, bad attitude, great musicians. no hope for adler. slash is in vr. great band to watch this year. izzys possible.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1653
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home