Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Dave Crosby's "medical issues?"
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 18, 2007 19:48

The Crosby-Nash tour that had been scheduled for March and April has been cancelled due to "medical issues that have arisen" for David Crosby. Anyone know what these might be?

Re: OT: Dave Crosby's "medical issues?"
Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: February 18, 2007 19:52

HE is one of rock 'n' roll's great survivors, but David Crosby's ill health has forced legendary folk-rock trio Crosby, Stills and Nash to postpone their tour of Australia. Crosby, 65, who suffers from diabetes, heart disease and hepatitis C, has contracted pneumonia, according to the American band's Australian publicist, Chrissie Camp, and he is unable to travel.

Date: February 18, 2007 20:02

Shit. I knew he had a liver transplant in 1994, but wasn't aware of all these additional recent problems. Don't want to scare anyone who might be working on THEIR second liver, but from what I've heard, if you survive 10 years with a second liver you're doing very well, and Cros' has had his for 13 years now.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: February 18, 2007 20:42

I know a girl who had a Kidney transplant (but she's MUCH younger than Crosby). You have to take all kinds of meds including anti rejection pills which lower the immunity system - you get sick much easier. She went to Egypt and her Doctor was flipping out..... Hope Crosby's OK. Just got his 3 CD Box Set "Voyage" - from The Byrds to Today, good stuff, alot of rare Demos and such, very interesting....

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: February 18, 2007 23:24

Sure hope he's going to be ok- I have tickets for a show he's doing here on Easter with Nash-- hasnt been cancelled yet !

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: February 19, 2007 00:04

those 2 were 2 play near me also , i was possibly goin , oh well

hope he gets well soon ,

a once Byrd & a Hollie

Date: February 19, 2007 02:41

I saw a couple of CSN shows in '96 or '97 where Crosby was there in name only. He sang lead on only one or two songs and then offered some BS about having to do a show the following night and needing to rest his voice. I'm sure there was a lot more than that going on with him at the time. Stills stepped up to fill the void and did some of the best live work I've ever seen him do. Last time I saw them, in 2004, the situation seemed to have reversed, with the Cros' in fine form and Stills trying to hide his own ragged vocals behind his massively amplified guitar. It was the rockin'est I'd ever seen them without Neil. The too old and/or fat to get up and dance crowd hated it. They were there for a nice, "mellow" acoustic evening, but CSN were having none of it. They went out in a blaze of near heavy metal glory. Just as they should have.

Date: February 19, 2007 06:26

Hurry up and die, David so a deserving soul can have your second liver, you scum sucking mean old junkie who didn't deserve a second one but had the money and the pull to steal the life from somebody else. Tosser.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: February 19, 2007 08:49

... never been a fan myself..

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: February 19, 2007 18:23

Just checked the venue where they will be playing on April 3rd . it hasn't been cancelled

[www.mechanicshall.org]

Just checked another site and heres the scoop :

CROSBY AND NASH POSTPONE UPCOMING TOUR
posted 02.16.2007

Management for Crosby & Nash (CN) regrettably announced today that they are forced to postpone the group’s tour of the US that was to have kicked off on March 19 in Shawnee, OK and ended on April 14 in Niagara Falls, NY.

The action was taken because of medical issues that have arisen for member David Crosby. On behalf of CN, manager Donald Miller said, “We deeply regret that the band will not be able to embark on this tour as scheduled. At this time, we thank you for your understanding and the band looks forward to seeing you this fall.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-02-19 18:36 by boston2006.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1272
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home