Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

bad experience with ticket refund brno 2006
Posted by: anne ()
Date: February 6, 2007 11:27

Hallo,
did any body of you also have bad experience with ticket refund in brno ?
I sent 2 tickets by registered letter back to ticketpro in praha. When I asked for my money, ticketpro told me they havent received y letter with the tickets, also it was sent by registered letter! Now, that the case came to an end, German Post gave me around 40 euros back (that's what you get for the loss of a registered letter)! I paid for the 2 tickets about 190 euros (2 FOS) !
How can a registered letter get lost ?

Regards
Anne

Re: bad experience with ticket refund brno 2006
Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: February 6, 2007 11:51

WHAT??? That's crazy... So you'd have to insure the tickets too, to be sure you get your money back?
I assume you did not receive the confirmation of the delivering? In that case, it still sucks, but there is not really anything wrong with the refunding, but more with the postal service. Hope you still have some money left for the coming shows!

Jelle

Date: February 6, 2007 14:48

anne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> How can a registered letter get lost ?
>

Thievery, corruption, accident ....

By the way, I got my money back from Tricketpro without any problems. It 's a pity that your are a victim in a seldom case.

Posted by: Niko76 ()
Date: February 6, 2007 15:12

I made the same experience with my tickets for Frankfurt and Leipzig. I got 25 Euros back for 4 tickets in 1 registered letter. :-(

Posted by: voodookeef ()
Date: February 6, 2007 15:15

Jesus christ! that is weird indeed...

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 6, 2007 15:40

They're being complete bastards. Your card records will show that you bought the tickets. The show never happened and nor will it ever happen with the same tickets.
The tickets themselves are consequently useless and should not need to be physically returned in order to get them refunded. It's nonsense.

Posted by: voodookeef ()
Date: February 6, 2007 16:06

Spud Wrote:
> They're being complete bastards. Your card records
> will show that you bought the tickets. The show
> never happened and nor will it ever happen with
> the same tickets.
> The tickets themselves are consequently useless
> and should not need to be physically returned in
> order to get them refunded. It's nonsense.

Exactly! And the paid price for the ticket was refunded to the given credit card anyway... So maybe those who haven't gotten the refund should get in touch with ticketpro again and explain their situation. The people at ticketpro should be able to check if your credit card already has a refund booked to it or not...

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: February 6, 2007 16:50

Contact your credit card company immediately. I'm sure they will sort this situation out for you, they are usually brilliant when people have been ripped off. If you can prove you paid for the tickets on your card, the gig was cancelled and you've not had the money put back on your card, there is no question you'll get a refund. If you don't get it from the promoter you'll get it from the credit card company. What a joke.
let me know how you get on, flairville@aol.com

Date: February 6, 2007 16:52

Spud Wrote:
> They're being complete bastards. Your card records
> will show that you bought the tickets. The show
> never happened and nor will it ever happen with
> the same tickets.
> The tickets themselves are consequently useless
> and should not need to be physically returned in
> order to get them refunded. It's nonsense.

Absolutely. The spanish ticketing services, serviticket and Gamerco didn't need the ticket back to refund people.

Date: February 6, 2007 16:59

Flairville was a bit faster than I, but my hint goes in the same direction:

I would ask my credit card bank for a money refund. Do you still have the e-mail from Ticketpro with the order to send back the tickets for refund? Show this e-mail your bank and say that you have returned the tickets, but Ticketpro has not paid off so far. Your bank will easily find out that you are right. Ticketpro only used the account of payment for the refund.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 6, 2007 17:08

This year we'll just buy our tickets the day itself. Cheaper and safer.

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: February 7, 2007 00:25

As others have said contact your Card Company ASAP.

Count yourself luckey the German post atleast gave you something.

If it was the UK you would have received nothing,our postal service will only pay compensation for tickets if they are sent special delivery as they view them like cash.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 7, 2007 00:41

Take note all that some credit card companies have a time limit on refunds for disputed purchases. I was told this by my credit card company when I had problems with a Spanish refund for cancelled Stones' concerts - though when I explained that I couldn't have complained before their time limit expired because the concerts hadn't yet been cancelled, they didn't seem to know whether or not that rule applied! I did eventually get the money back with some help from the credit card company - but not through their direct intervention.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1464
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home