Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

And what about Holland in 2007?
Posted by: Buddy Young ()
Date: February 5, 2007 16:48

As BV's rumoured list is getting bigger for 2007, Holland is still not on it. Have there been totally no signs of the Stones attending Holland in 2007?

Amd if there are signs, in which cities & venues are they likely to play this time?

Listen to my new album on www.bowemusic.nl!

Re: And what about Holland in 2007?
Posted by: Greg ()
Date: February 5, 2007 16:52

If they play the Amsterdam ArenA I'll make sure to demolish it myself beforehand.

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: February 5, 2007 17:12

as far as I know they played the States (+ Canada) last fall.
Cannot remeber any Americans complaining : huhu, why don't the play Maine if the play Chicago" or something like that. I am just lucky if they play Europe. Getting in another European country shouldn't be too hard to do. Stones tours are always a nice reason to travel to neighbourhood countries.
For Germans in the south for example it's distance wise not a big diffrence to travel to a Stones gig in Paris instead of Hannover. Opinions might be diffrenet, but I'd prefer some days in Paris instead of Hannover. As there are rumors for a concert in Brussels I'd assume that for most Dutch people traveling to Brussels might be not much more costly than a trip to the not so welcomed Amsterdam arena. And ain't one of the most famous Stones booteg's from Bussels. Well, so do the trip.

Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: February 5, 2007 18:25

Well, not everybody has enough money to spend it for transfer, hotel rooms and the show itself.

Posted by: jeroen starink ()
Date: February 5, 2007 18:35

Hullo, from well informed sources, i know they wont play in Holland.
jammer, dan maar naar Engeland of Brussel.
Ciao jeroen

Date: February 5, 2007 19:11

Hanns Rainsch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, not everybody has enough money to spend it
> for transfer, hotel rooms and the show itself.

yepp, that's true. But having the Stones playing one's hometown is quite unlikely for the majority of fans. Transfer and hotels must therefore be paid anyway in most cases, whereby I choose hotel rooms which are far cheaper than the Stones tickets.

In case they play Paris still 80 % percent of the French for example hav to travel a far longer distance than a Dutch person doing a "short trip" to Belgium. I just hope for well distributed concerts inside the EU, not in single countries.

(they are not planning to play non-EU-countries yet, are they? OK, former Yugoslavia)

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 5, 2007 19:18

jeroen starink Wrote:
> Hullo, from well informed sources, i know they
> wont play in Holland.

Well informed sources ... WOW ... sounds really cool Jeroen. Any more information about your well informed sources ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: February 5, 2007 19:38

I guess, most of the cities, they'll play in 2007 (if so), won't appear on any romoured-dates-lists before the official announcement. Some dates may get reality but most of the real dates will never been known as a "rumour".
I think about "Stuttgart 2006"...nobody had the idea before December 5th (the official announcement) that they'll play there.
And that's the same with Holland for 2007, probably.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: February 5, 2007 19:43

Even though the shows played in Holland on each tour are less than the one before, Holland is still a big stones country so i reckon they will perform there!

But, if they are smart, they won't book the Amsterdam arena after the debacle of last year...

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: February 5, 2007 19:45

RollingStonesFan Wrote:

> I think about "Stuttgart 2006"...nobody had the
> idea before December 5th ...

yepp, that's true. A lot of 06 Europe rumours were false. There were strong rumours for Hockenheim and Hamburg, nada.

Anyway, Stuttgart was great, good that it happened. But eventuelly they should announce...

Posted by: frankie ()
Date: February 5, 2007 20:08

Don't think the debacle has so much to do with the Amsterdam Arena but more with the ticketprices the dutch simply don't pay that kind of money for a stonesconcert. Arena is just a little piece of the debacle.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 5, 2007 20:13

Stoneswolf Wrote:
> A lot of 06 Europe rumours were false. There were strong rumours for Hockenheim and Hamburg, nada.

I wouldn't say false. The rumours were valid, because both places were bidding for a show. They were eventually outbid.
And the European dates for 2006 were announced on Nov 29, 2005.

Date: February 5, 2007 20:18

erikjjf Wrote:

>
> I wouldn't say false. The rumours were valid,
> because both places were bidding for a show.

I dod not yet understand how this bidding functions. Ain't it not like a for exexample a German concert agency books the STones for ~ 7 concerts and decides themself where those concerts take place?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2004
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home