Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

mixed emotions
Posted by: stonedmike ()
Date: February 4, 2007 10:00

hated it for 15 years but i just heard it for the first time in a while - great song. ages well.

Re: mixed emotions
Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: February 4, 2007 13:01

The studio-version is ok for me but the live-version is a really great number with a strong melody.

Posted by: wesley ()
Date: February 4, 2007 13:06

Still dont`t like it much, always skip it while listening to 40 Licks.

W

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: February 4, 2007 13:54

I've always liked this one. For one, it was the first Stones song that gave me hope to seeing them play live. I was too young for the Tattoo You tour. Dirty Work was the first cassette(yes, cassette) I was able to afford with my lawn mowing money and of course there was no tour then.

When Mixed Emotions came out I was a freshman in college and knew I was about to get the chance to see the band live. I'll always love the song for what it personally stood for, for me. It was great making the trek from Nashville, TN to Cincinnati, Ohio to see Living Colour open up for the Stones. I'll never forget that. What a great night.

Heck, I still love Dirty Work because it was the first new Stones that I could actually buy with my own money. Everytime I hear it I'm reminded of mowing my lawn in the summer.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: February 4, 2007 17:40

Well, if I recall correctly, 40 Licks has the single edit of Mixed Emotions. The album version is better than that.
Together with Sad Sad Sad, Rock And A Hardplace, Almost Hear You Sigh and Break the Spell, it's one of the best on Steel Wheels.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 4, 2007 17:42

I really like it and I'm always surprised at the beating it takes on here.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: February 4, 2007 18:21

stonemike wrote: hated it for 15 years but i just heard it for the first time in a while - great song. ages well.

might also mean you've lowered your standards.

IORR............but I like it!

Date: February 4, 2007 18:22

This song was responsible for one of the more far-fetched conspiracy theories concerning the Jagger/Richards disagreements at that time.....the 'real' meaning of the title being 'Mick's Demotion' and Keith would take over as head of the band!!

Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: February 4, 2007 18:35

mixed emotions is crap.

never liked it, its one of the worst songs on the album.

dont know why they released it.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 5, 2007 10:46

really like it- a quality pop song.
...so shoot me.

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: February 5, 2007 11:43

i always liked mixed emotions, a good song, one of the best on SW. Better than the album version is the version on the maxi single though....

After the dispute between MJ and KR it was really nice to see them together singing "you´re not the only one with mixed emotions....

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: February 5, 2007 12:02

First cd I ever bought.......

Always preferred Rock and a Hard place though

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: February 5, 2007 14:40

so simple and too long, I find it boring. Dislike the back up singing.

"this tooing and froing is hurting my guts" now that is one bad lyric.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: February 5, 2007 14:44

Thing about ME is that it has a way better groove than one suspects at first. At first it comes off as if it relies on the melody and then chorus hook to carry ithrough. But it does have a very strong groove that is very audible the closer we get to the end of the song. The horns especially with the Bass kick it.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: February 7, 2007 01:11

The Mixed Emotions extended edit single is AWESOME - much stronger than either the regular single or album cut.

Check it out - you'll love it - including the false stop at the start a la Rough Justice.

Posted by: it's_all_wrong ()
Date: February 7, 2007 01:47

Mixed Emotions is an excellent song, the best on SW and one of their most overlooked songs, which is surprising seeing as how it was their last top 5 hit.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: February 7, 2007 01:48

I like the Altantic City Version. One of the few reasons I listen to 89 live stuff is For Mixed Emotions.

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: February 7, 2007 02:13

I've always liked it. One of my favorite post-Tattoo songs.

Posted by: Forty Niks ()
Date: February 7, 2007 06:13

you've hated it fo 15 years? i've loved it for 15 years. one of the first songs i was into when i was getting to the stones. (at age 3!)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1712
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home