Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: A Bigger Bang Early Mixes
Posted by: CSD ()
Date: January 28, 2007 12:21

Thanks Gazza and everybody involved posting these mixes. After listening a few times, I'm sure This Place Is Empty is a completely different verion and is great.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: January 28, 2007 12:44

Agree these mixes are almost the final ones: they are basically the same stuff that was released.

It was a good occasion to refresh my memories of ABB. Actually, it is playing right now while I am writing. There are some songs that I truly do love on it. Place is empty is THE masterpiece. Rain, Cat, long, neary died, too fast are all very good. They have personality. Infamy I love: very happy vibe, but not in the right position. Probably it would have been a great mid tempo opener (in the fashion of Talck is Cheap)

C

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 28, 2007 12:48

Mathijs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Funny, I had to look up the meaning of "ITWL",
> that's how good I know this album!

ROTFL! You're missing out on a lot man. Hear it again. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 28, 2007 12:58

>> I'm sure This Place Is Empty is a completely different verion and is great. <<

great indeed, but it's the same version as on the album, just mixed differently -
the piano seems much more to the forefront at some critical moments on this one.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: January 28, 2007 13:11

Thanks Gazza!!

Date: January 28, 2007 14:09

Would be cool if some outtakes came out later too. Some titles were different in the beginning and must have had different lyrics or something. Here are some alternate A Bigger Bang song titles:
This House Is Empty Without You. (This Place Is Empty).
Walking Alone In The Rain. (Rain Fall Down).
You Drive Too Fast. (Driving Too Fast).
Neocon. (Sweet Neocon).

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: January 28, 2007 16:26

Incidentally, on TV3 in Denmark there is a program about cars and motors (forget what it's called) but they are now using "Driving Too Fast" as their theme song!!

Both me and my kid, he's eleven, shout our (Leeds) lungs out when it comes on the telly (though I hate the programme *lol*)

Date: January 28, 2007 16:59

Either it's "Femte Gear" or "Top Gear".

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 28, 2007 17:20

I just want to say THANK YOU

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Dogbalz ()
Date: January 28, 2007 18:35

I can't seem to down load these, am I too late or doing something wrong?

Posted by: button_your_lip ()
Date: January 30, 2007 05:29

Dog...I just downloaded UTR...and playing now.

Do you have a popup blocker on?

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-30 18:52 by button_your_lip.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: January 30, 2007 05:49

Says all those files have been deleted.

Date: January 30, 2007 05:57

Now that weird...
Scroll down a little over halfway to the LIST

[www.novogate.com]

now downloading this one

[www.gigasize.com]

Date: January 30, 2007 06:58

I am halfway thru downloading...and I see some duplicates

gazza, the clarity is Amazing...listening to biggest mistake now..wow

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 30, 2007 12:05

button_your_lip Wrote:
> I am halfway thru downloading...and I see some
> duplicates
>

well..yes..as stated, its 18 mixes of 11 different songs. Thats how I got them. How much of a difference there is between each of the 3 versions of 'Let me down slow' for example is debatable, but all the versions are included just in case there IS a difference.

> gazza, the clarity is Amazing...listening to
> biggest mistake now..wow

thats the one that grabbed me the most, too. Quality is excellent for mp3's I think. Pity there's no lossless version, but if thats all there is, I'll gladly take it!

Date: January 30, 2007 18:54

gazza...well it would help if i READ the whole post instead of skimming I know see where you said 18. Great sound. And, I wonder why some are having trouble downloading. I finished them all last night, and they are all tucked away in their own folder...thanks so much

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 5, 2007 20:48

Just saw that these Bigger Bang mixes are available on a Japanese CDR, this very moment.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-02-21 01:20 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 21, 2007 01:25

Even the Idol Mind label have a ¤special¤ release coming up.
It must be from the same MP3 as shared here, and at ROcks Off,
I thought IMP avoided lossy files...

From bootleg-site

1CD A Bigger Bang Beta-Mix 2005 IDOL MIND PRODUCTION (COMING SOON)
1CDR A Bigger Bang Early Mixes (AMERIQUEST) < 18 STUDIO OUTTAKES (79 min.SBD)
1CD + Ltd.1DVDR A Bigger Bang Early Mixes SODD 021 < 18 STUDIO OUTTAKES (79 min.SBD)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-02-21 01:31 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 21, 2007 08:36

Erik_Snow Wrote:
> Even the Idol Mind label have a ¤special¤ release
> coming up.
> It must be from the same MP3 as shared here, and
> at ROcks Off,
> I thought IMP avoided lossy files...

When it comes down to either sticking to your principles by avoiding lossy files or avoiding some extra cash-in what can you do?

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: February 21, 2007 10:26

Since there are no lossless files available this is the best Idol Mind can do and despite the fact it stems from mp3 its's still sounds good for bootleg/outtake material.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 21, 2007 11:19

Britney Wrote:
> Since there are no lossless files available this
> is the best Idol Mind can do and despite the fact
> it stems from mp3 its's still sounds good for
> bootleg/outtake material.

I don't want to sound picky but if it is your principle to avoid lossy files the best you can do is not releasing them. However, I agree that they sound pretty good.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: November 7, 2007 18:39

Well, I really want to download this, I remember thread on forums here, but now I can't find it. Any ideas?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 7, 2007 19:34

They're still available from the estimable Urban Steel:

[www.iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: john r ()
Date: November 7, 2007 23:35

I can't access this, damnit, but the point about the songs being longer on the early mixes is hardly srprising - based on previous studio boots The Stones have always edited tracks - so official releases like the long "Slave" or "Wanna Hold You" were pleasent surprises coming out on later editions of the albums. There are tracks - "When The Whip", "Down In The Hole", "Thru & Thru" to name just 3, that I really wish didn't fade so early....

Posted by: cc ()
Date: November 8, 2007 00:15

they aren't that much longer. I've never sat down to a/b them, but the differences are not memorable.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 8, 2007 02:12

In a couple of cases, they're actually around a minute longer

Posted by: john r ()
Date: November 8, 2007 02:29

cc you mean ABB, or the ones I mentioned? "Slave" is 4:52 until the 1994 remaster gave us 6:34 version, and for me it makes it a highlight of TY, partly because the band are masters of creating tension or momentum, then (here) they'll take it down before Charlie will signal another build-up...Also you get more Sonny Rollins. WHY, of course they'd originally deleted a verse (a la She Was Hot).....And I love those early 10 minute runthoughs of "Whip"....

Posted by: cc ()
Date: November 8, 2007 04:31

john r, I meant ABB. To me, the differences were nothing like on the songs you mention. They were a still great find, of course. If anyone points to a memorable difference, I'd be glad to listen again.

Date: November 8, 2007 16:35

It didn't take along time before what I feared would happen - Happened (Thank you Robert de Niro). I was at a CD/LP market (With rare stuff) this past Saturday. I saw this ABB Early Mixes on bootleg many times. It wasn't even called Early Mixes. It was called outtakes. I told those dealers that they weren't supposed to sell these. Of course they didn't care one bit. In other news I got a lot of cool stuff there. Gimme Some Neck by Ronnie, a half-sized CD single from the CBS days with Angie backed with Silvertrain (Expensive I must say), Tattoo You on the CBS label, the Japanese version of Live Licks, Sidesteps on DVD (With great footage of Mick on the Mustique Blues Festival 2005), 25X5 on DVD (With Japanese text in the side of the screen), Out Of Tears on single, a FL tongue mouse pad and other things too. Plus I recently bought Talk Is Cheap on a normal CD, Long Ago And Far Away by Charlie, Far East Man DVD by Ronnie, some of the digipack versions of the 2002 remasters (I still miss two of them (Namely Now and the US version of Aftermath - I have also bought many of the normal jewel case editions of these). This totals my collection of official Stones CDs up to about 135 (Counting solo stuff), and about 80 DVDs (Bootlegs and official). I am a happy man. grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 8, 2007 21:27

Kent,
Where on earth did you find 25x5 on DVD?? I've been lookin for it now on the internet and I find mentions of it in BluRay at blockbuster, though none of the stores in my area carry it.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1777
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home