Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

any tennis-players here on iorr?
Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: January 25, 2007 19:27

I know, bv posted two days ago rightly that he'll ban stupid off-topics but I guess, there is no bigger problem if there are sometimes some posts with non-musical content.
So, am I the only tennis-player here?
What do you think, who will play the men's final of the Australian Open agains Federer? Haas or Gonzales?

Re: any tennis-players here on iorr?
Posted by: fougace ()
Date: January 25, 2007 19:30

As a swiss I'll say Federer of course!
What a demonstration against Roddick!!
ah the swiss! not only chocolate, cheese and wine!!!

Date: January 25, 2007 19:43

Tennis is my *other* obsession. Federer (like Jagger) is a friggin' genius :-)

So it doesnt matter who makes it to the final. Haas might be more competitive against Federer but I think that Gonzales might continue his run and beat Haas in the semis. That forehand of his is really working.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 25, 2007 22:23

How is Borg doin this year?

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: January 25, 2007 22:55

i know that jose feliciano once played stevie wonder; i even know the final score.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: January 25, 2007 23:00

Quite a few years ago Stevie Wonder was the musical guest on Saturday Night Live and he did a send up of a Memorex commercial .. playing tennis ....It was LOL funny

Just did a search on YouTube to see if it were there . No luck .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-25 23:01 by boston2006.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: January 25, 2007 23:04

endless love
ta boom.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: January 26, 2007 02:18

I love tennis, used to play alot, not so much now; I hate Roddick and was glad Federer kicked his ass yesterday at the Australian Open! He is so cool, such a gentleman! Andy is a punk!

Posted by: lynn1 ()
Date: January 26, 2007 04:08

Federer is the single greatest athlete in the world today---and don't give me Tiger because golf isn't a sport.

Posted by: leftbank ()
Date: January 26, 2007 06:04

YES! Federer has the best all around game - but I do like Nadal's tenacity. I go to Roland Garros (Fr Open) every year (live in Seattle). Would like another Federer vs. Nadal final. Who is better Federer or Sampras??

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 26, 2007 10:09

I thought Valuev is the single greatest athlete in the world today,being Heavy Weight Champion in three of four organisations..

2 1 2 0

Date: January 26, 2007 13:02

Here's the only way to compare the 2: Federer wins 99% of the time on clay and they are probably 50-50 on grass/hardcourts. As a result of this detailed analysis, you would have to give the edge to the Fed.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: January 26, 2007 13:08

Unfortunately a x tennis player due to injuries and still miss playing, used to go to wimbledon every year and fortuante enough to get tickets for around 20 odd years in succesion.

The first five or six years used to be a fairly cheap day out at wimbledon but then the market men got thier claws in and then it was turning to be a very expensive day out and with the rise of so called power play <becker, tanner etc> imho the game seemed to go down in my estimation and its just serve & volley and in fact i used to look forward to watching the womens matches and apart from the obvious attraction i found the games more entertaining.

Unfortunately my source for tickets dried up and have not been to wimbledon for probably six years now and thou i had some great times there and good memories espiecally in the champagne tent, i do keep meaning to go back as one thing in thier favour is they do keep up to date with buildings and surrounding areas and are always progressing. the other strange thing was i always used to get a certain Mci always had tickets for centre court and a certain mr McEnroe which was not a bad thing but after the 12th time of seeing him it would ahve been nice to have started with somebody else.

Date: January 26, 2007 13:14

forget going! Just watch in HD!

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: January 26, 2007 13:15

leftbank Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> YES! Federer has the best all around game - but I
> do like Nadal's tenacity. I go to Roland Garros
> (Fr Open) every year (live in Seattle). Would
> like another Federer vs. Nadal final. Who is
> better Federer or Sampras??

I guess, Federer is better.
He's a much more complete player, he can play and WIN on every coating, but Sampras wasn't doing well at Roland Garros, right?

I also also admire Federer's tennis, look at his backhand, really beating!
Further more, I like Nadal, his biggest haunter, he's also a very fair sportsman. I saw him two years ago and it's just staggering to see his deathly topspin from the side...

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: January 26, 2007 14:34

lynn1 Wrote:
> forget going! Just watch in HD!

Lynn you cant beat going to a live event. imho

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: January 26, 2007 15:17

If anyone can take his place on the " throne" it will be Nadal, and I realy like him! He's a scrapper!

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: January 26, 2007 15:37

I started getting more into the Women's matches. The Men's Tennis has become only Serves. Roddick IMO is the example of what is "wrong": with tennis. too muc power, not enough finesse. And finesse always wins; see federer

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: January 31, 2007 05:03

Rabid player.....Play about 3 times a week.

Started playing after going to Wimbledon in '89....went every year until '96.

Federer is easily the best I've ever seen....yes even better than Pete Sampras (although Sampras's 2nd serve was the best in the game).

Federer is the prohibitive favorite to win (barring injury) at Wimbly and the U.S. Open, and judging by last years clay court season (he and Nadal were head and shoulders above everyone else) and Nadal's brutal style of play and his many recent questionable defeats....I'd say Federer (again barring injury) is going to win THE Grand Slam this year...(then again I thought so last year.)

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: Steel_Wheels ()
Date: January 31, 2007 06:01

leftbank Wrote:
> YES! Federer has the best all around game - but I
> do like Nadal's tenacity. I go to Roland Garros
> (Fr Open) every year (live in Seattle). Would
> like another Federer vs. Nadal final. Who is
> better Federer or Sampras??

Federer > Sampras, and if Federer keeps this up for a few more years, Federer >>> Sampras. Sampras' game was mostly big serve / volley. Federer has a complete game, has all the power he needs, but also great fluidity and grace on the court. Never looks like he is exerting himself, even when he is hitting the most difficult strokes. Sampras never was so smooth.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1646
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home