Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rock and Roll Circus outtakes
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 22, 2007 21:05

I have two rehearsal/outtakes from the Rock and Roll Circus, one is Parachute Woman the other is You Cant Always Get What You Want... but I'm curious, who plays the acoustic on YCAGWYW?

Was Mick this good on guitar by 1968?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-22 21:34 by His Majesty.

Re: Rock and Roll Circus outtakes
Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: January 22, 2007 21:29

Its Brian...

JR

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: January 22, 2007 22:21

In the film though you see Brian playing a Gold top Les Paul on this song. (which he actually doesn't seem to play by the way) . Are these outakes audio or video and if video what guitar does Brian play? If audio only how do you know for certain that Brian plays the acoustic?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-22 22:22 by ChrisM.

Posted by: JaggerFan ()
Date: January 22, 2007 22:25

On 25X5 - an acoustic guitar is heard on YCAGWYW while on the CD & DVD it's nowhere to be heard. No one onstage is playing an acoustic guitar... Strange.

Brian's guitar is only audiable on "No Expectations". Otherwise he's unplugged or shaking rattles like a baby.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: January 22, 2007 22:28

But on the bootlegs, you can hear him on all the outtakes. They mixed him out for the newest releases.

JR

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 22, 2007 22:40

Yeah, it's audio outtakes, I got them from the buy/trade forum here.

It's not like the version on 25x5. The acoustic is on it's own at the start with Mick singing, then the full band joins in.

Brain CAN be heard on the dvd/cd, very quiet for sure, you just have to know what he's playing and listen carefully.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1703
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home