Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Silver Train The Rolling Stones europèan tour 73
Posted by: jeanmarie ()
Date: January 20, 2007 22:19

“Silver Train, the Rolling Stones Européan Tour 73”

Another long labour of research, compiling, page setting, …And now I’m very proud to present you this new press-book , a really great press archive document relating the 1973 Rolling Stones’ european tour :
A hundred pages document (Black/white, a few color too) of headlines, press reporting, article extract from UK magazine: a lot and a lot of issues of the “Musical Express” , “Melody Maker” , “Sounds” , “Disc” , “Record Mirror”, also from US magazine: “Creem” , “Rolling Stone” , “Hit Parader”, “zoo world”, French Magazine: “Rock & Folk” , “Best” , “Extra” , German Magazine: “Bunte” , Dutsch: “Muziek Express” …
And MORE RARE a lot of Newspaper document , press-clipping dating from sept/Oct 73 and relating most of the shows from this Rolling Stones’ European Tour.
For all the Newspaper Documents I’ve collected, I have to thank, the Library, the archive and research dept, that , very kindly, gives me a great help:
THANK to: The Manchester city council library (Manchester evening News) , Newcastle city Library (Newcastle Evening Chronicle), Birmingham Post & Mail (Evening Mail, Birmingham Post) , Glasgow Evening Times. From Germany: the “Manheimer Morgen”, “Frankfurter Rundschau”, “Frankfurter Neue Press” , the DIZ Dokumentations und informationzentrun München (Süddeutsche Zeitung, Abendzeitung), The Stadt/Köln Bibliothek (Kölner Stadt Anzeiger, Kölnische Rundschau), Axel Springer Verlag Infopool Hamburg (Hamburger Abendblatt). The Royal Library from Belgium (Le Soir , La Libre Belgique , La Dernière Heure) , also from Belgium: the Gazet Van Antwerpen . The Swiss National Library ( Berner Zeitung) . also: Det Kongelige Bibliotek Danmark (Ekstra Bladet). From Rotterdam : “NRC Handelsblad” , “AD Rotterdam” . And French newspaper: “Liberation” .
Hope (sure) you’ll like it !
email me

Re: Silver Train The Rolling Stones europèan tour 73
Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: January 20, 2007 22:25

Sounds very interesting!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 20, 2007 22:27

C'est combien?

Date: January 20, 2007 22:30

a passion to share not to sell, except mail charge

Date: January 20, 2007 22:35

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: January 20, 2007 22:40

check out charlie's expression at 2:45 or so...priceless.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: January 20, 2007 23:24

This sounds quite magical indeed, pess book from a favourite era of the stones history -- the early '70's!

Magnifique,it looks brilliant

Date: January 20, 2007 23:32

JeanMarie is the sweetest and most honourable man I know, other than myself! I own his '75 and '78 tourbooks and they are essential to any Stones fan's collection. If anybody receives this book and is dissatisfied at all, I'll buy it from you.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 20, 2007 23:36

jeanmarie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> a passion to share not to sell, except mail charge

That's very noble of you. It looks a very nice piece of work.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 21, 2007 11:44

JeanMarie's book "Some Boys On Tour 1978" is well worth getting too. Incredible stuff in there. Labour of love indeed.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: January 28, 2007 21:48

just a refresh,

Date: January 28, 2007 22:35

Nous t'amons, mon p'ti gars! ;~}

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Harlix ()
Date: January 29, 2007 01:37

*LOL* A picture say more then a tousend words ;-))
Love Silvertrain !!!!!!!!!!!

Beelyboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>

> check out charlie's expression at 2:45 or
> so...priceless.

It´s Only Rock´n Roll

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: January 29, 2007 03:50

Hi JeanMarie, great news about the new book, the other two are great! Can't wait to check this one out.

Date: February 1, 2007 05:28

My copy arrived today and I'm THRILLED with it!!! Lots of groovy colour shots! And, because I will be 48 years old next Wednesday I'm going to act my age and go to bed early and read through it! Yippee!!!!!

Merci, Jeanmarie, tu est trop gentil!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1500
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home