Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: abb
Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: January 17, 2007 23:04

Abb is agood and charming album, even it is not the Stones' best. What I find remarkable is that it is probably the first stonesalbum which is not perfectly arranged. When I hear Dirty Work's "Fight" for examople I hear a song that is not so good, but the band's great perfomance turns the song into something good. BOMH is a fantastic song, the lyrics are wonderful, but it could have been recorded with more fantasy. Imagine Keith's breathtaking guitar on "Dangerous Beauty" with a groovy piano a trumpet, or LIND with melodic solo.
Yet I am content with abb, but it could have been a little better.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: January 18, 2007 00:03

Rain Fall Down is a good song. It's Mick's 'dance' song.

The song-writing was half-assed over-all.
Had the songs been good, it would have sold a LOT mor, and they would have played more of them more often people people would like them, know them, and party, except go for a pee.

Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: January 18, 2007 01:04

Let Me Down Slow
Biggest Mistake
Laugh I Nearly Died
Back Of My Hand
She Saw Me Coming
Driving Too Fast
Rain Fall Down
Look What The Cat Dragged In
Infamy
Sweet Neo Con
This Place Is Empty...are the tunes I like on the album

Posted by: Landover 81 ()
Date: January 18, 2007 02:54

(re-post)

Their biggest problem regarding sales? What current radio station "venues" are left to play their songs. I mean it is either classic rock, or oldies, or urban or whatever. One thing I try to keep in mind is that so many of the Stones songs we like, love, appreciate, we have heard over and over on am and fm through the years. We became familiar with them. If you don't hear it how can you like it? Where the hell can you find this album played? And i don't buy the arguement that it isn't played because it isn't good. It is good to my ears but I listen to it freqently. That familiarity makes me appreciate the album more over time.

Posted by: stonedmike ()
Date: January 18, 2007 23:49

i still love it four out of five stars. some albums age well, some dont. black and blue sucked, listen to it now - four stars maybe five. abb is not old enough to know.

Date: January 19, 2007 00:06

... it's been over a year. The reason why it still sounds 'too new' is because you haven't heard it as much. The reason why you haven't heard it as much it because you don't put it on as much. The reason why you don't put it on as much is because it's not a very good CD compared to the tons of great pre-Undercover stuff that you, me and pretty much everyone else would rather hear.

If it was good, it wouldn't need the work it still seems to need of listening. Listening to a CD should not feel like a chore.

[thepowergoats.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-19 00:07 by jamesfdouglas.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 19, 2007 11:38

Nikolai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought it was crap when it first came out. And
> it still is.

Every time you post on this particular subject (Any ABB subject) it's also crap. Imagine that.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: January 19, 2007 21:29

It's not crap. It's a greatest hits package with new lyrics.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: February 13, 2007 20:09

Hmmmm...after having just listened through ABB (with complimentary tracks), I think it's actually like "Exile" in the sense that you shouldn't pick just one or two songs but play the whole shenigan in one setting.....preferably while doing some chore at the same time (like washing the dishes or answering your e-mail or posting on IORR ;-)

ABB is a wonderful moodsetter and this way - listening the whole way through - it really doesn't matter if there is a weak track per se as it supports the mood of the album ;-)

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1430
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home