Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: BEST PRODUCER TODAY?
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 13, 2007 11:28

Also, though not in the Rick Rubin/Jack White league, I would say Metallica's producer Bob Rock. He's made some good productions too. The production of "St. Anger" is good for that type of music. Reminds me a little of the "Flip The Switch" production with more violence added to it. Always loved the production of Guns 'n Roses' "Appetite For Destruction" too, though I don't know who did it. And today the drum sound on that album is a bit dated (Kindda eighties drums, but nowhere near as bad as, say, "Gorky Park").

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: January 13, 2007 14:30

Timbaland even if Im tired of him. But yes, he has to be No1. Great talent. Genius.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: January 14, 2007 15:04

My favourite producers include

-Daniel Lanois and Ethan Johns (who have both been mentioned before.)

-Ry Cooder (but I don't think he would want to do the Stones again)

-Dave Edmunds (has worked with many, but he doesn't release much anymore - has he retired?)

-T Bone Burnett (worked for the Lobos, Peter Case, Elvis Costello, Roy Orbison in the 80s, Bruce Cockburn, Jimmie Dale Gilmore, Counting Crows, Wallflowers, Joseph Arthur in the 90s and O Brother Where Art Though, Ralph Stanley, Natalie Merchant, Cassandra Wilson in the 00s, among others)

-Don Was (but I've grown a bit tired of his production style, since he allows his records to be mastered at such a high volume level that they would click all over)

-Jeff Lynne (but he's too Beatles for the Stones)

-electronic wizard Howie B (Les Negresses Vertes, Sly & Robbie, Holly Palmer, Carlos Ann, U2, Robbie Robertson, and not to forget his solo releases)

-Mousse T (worked with Tom Jones, Zucchero, Roachford, Bootsy Collins and as a remixer)

-Mitchell Froom and his quirky keyboards (but beware: his friend Tchad Blake can mess up songs with the way he mixes them)

-Don Smith (engineer extraordinaire)

-Matt Wallace (Faith No More, School Of Fish, John Hiatt, Spin Doctors)

-Danny Kortchmar (Carole King, James Taylor, Don Henley, Toto, Fabulous Thunderbirds, Freedy Johnston, Slo Leak)

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1314
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home