Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

VANCOUVER - BC Place Stadium
Posted by: peter wilson ()
Date: January 6, 2007 01:27

Already looking like a rather tired venue anyway, but host to one of the best shows that they have ever played and at the very end of their N. American ABB Tour, the Teflon roof of the stadium collapsed today in a wind/rain storm. The boys made it here/or out, just in time!

Re: VANCOUVER - BC Place Stadium
Posted by: Black Nikousine ()
Date: January 6, 2007 01:28

shucks - i thought it was the stones that would "bring down the house."

you can't catch me!

Posted by: peter wilson ()
Date: January 6, 2007 01:30

Believe me, on that night, they did bring the house down!! it just took a while for the roof to come down though!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 6, 2007 07:19

Already commented about it on another thread. I don't think the venue is "tired" looking. Opened in 1983 and looks great on the Vancouver skyline. Just as old as the Minneapolis Metrodome and Indianapolis RCA dome, which are similar visually. I think the main reason there has been so many new stadiums (stadia?) built in the US over the last decade is because they want more luxury suites for extra revenue. One thing that you notice is that once the initial excitement over a new venue is over, the crowds begin to get smaller again.
Seattle Mariners were drawing huge crowds at their new baseball stadium but tickets weren't hard to get this past year. Cubs still outdraw the Whitesox even with new Comiskey opening in 91. Football will continue to draw well since there's only 8 home games per year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1669
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home