Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Error in Greenfield's new book
Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: January 1, 2007 02:13

Hey, Stonesrule, I mentioned that review four hours ago, and Drewmaster provided the link. Happy new year . . . still 2006 where I am.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: January 1, 2007 05:13

Thanks, I'm really on top of it today, aren't I!

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: January 1, 2007 05:27

The problem with mistake, is that Robert once had an acetate from the working tile for Sticky Fingers, which was the LP for Let It Bleed,,,and it did contain JJ Flash...so hush the fuc(# up....

JR

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: January 1, 2007 07:22

You know, I've gone back looking for that error and can't find it........I can only assume that it was corrected in my edition ........It's certainly not on page 60 or 61.

Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: January 1, 2007 07:50

Jumpin' Jack Flash (from 1968, pre-Beggars) was on the acetate for Let It Bleed (released in 1969, following Beggars)? I'm interested in your source, stone-relics. I haven't heard that before. Thanks for posting

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 1, 2007 11:19

stone-relics Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The problem with mistake, is that Robert once had
> an acetate from the working tile for Sticky
> Fingers, which was the LP for Let It Bleed,,,and
> it did contain JJ Flash...so hush the fuc(#
> up....
>
> JR

But the problem with that theory is that it has been more than 30 years since Sticky Fingers was released, and that is the most easiest fact to check. Just pick up the fuc#ing album and look at it. The book was just released. Absolutly no excuse for that error.

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: January 1, 2007 15:32

Robert Greenfield actually makes the same mistake twice. (JJf is on Sticky Fingers.) It's not on the version of Sticky Fingers that ordinary folks buy in the stores and is therefore an inexcusable mistake.

As a writer it shows me he is lazy. I personally think that the book in general doesn't shed any new light on what is already known about the recording and what went on @ Villa Nellcote. Although I will admit he interviewed some good sources and eye witnesses.

NickB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-01 15:42 by NickB.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: January 26, 2007 17:44

Sorry to bump up an old post, but I have to get this off of my chest.

I finished this book this morning and am angry at myself for wasting my time to even read it, despite the warnings of some of you wiser people.

I can barely put up with his style of writing in the first place, I dislike the constant use of song lyrics interspersed with his text, downright hate the arrogant nature of his answering his own questions, but I CANNOT accept the blatant errors. Especially the reference to the Super Bowl performance in the "Pontiac Silverdome", which is mentioned TWICE and would be SO friggin easy to fact check.

I want my money back, dammit.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: January 26, 2007 17:58

My old criteria for whether or not to buy a Stones book was the use of baby pictures. I've seen books which have Charlie's or Brian's baby pics captioned as Mick (Jagger Unauthorized, I think) and Bill's used for Keith (Bockris).

I mean, COME ON! Mick & Keith are pretty f*cking unique-looking individuals - do your homework.

Date: January 26, 2007 21:48

This may not be an error...there is rumor of an acetate, which is titled Sticky Fingers, that is actually Let It Bleed. Let It Bleed's working title was Sticky Fingers, and that acetate supposedly contains Jumping Jack Flash...

JR

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: January 26, 2007 21:59

Yeah but "Jumping Jack Flash" shouldn't have been on an acetate of Let It Bleed...regardless, I think it's a pretty bad error myself........but get this...its' not in my book....

I checked over it many times......if its' in my book, its' not where everybody claims it's supposed to be (pg. 60).....I got the book for Christmas so I figure the error must have been corrected by the time it was printed.....probably because the review (that somebody provided a link to earlier on this thread) pointed out the error......

Date: January 26, 2007 22:14

But the problem with that theory is that it has been more than 30 years since Sticky Fingers was released, and that is the most easiest fact to check. Just pick up the album and look at it. The book was just released. Absolutly no excuse for that error.

Hey, man, if I had that acetate, I would be listening to anything else....no worries, though, you are right....where is the editing staff....that said, I still LOVE the book. If he was only there 10 days, thats 10 days longer than any of us were there, so shut the F+#$ up.

JR

Posted by: jigsaw puzzle ()
Date: January 26, 2007 22:42

I agree with JR.

The book is a great piece of work. It gives a great view on the scale of the "villefranche memorial sonic BBQ" and if you really have a problem with minor errors then you can buy my copy of Get yer ya-ya's out. I got it in the seventies ; it's a double album with on LP 1 Ike and Tina turner . Feel it's an acetate.

Best
Erwin

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 27, 2007 00:08

stone-relics Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This may not be an error...there is rumor of an
> acetate, which is titled Sticky Fingers, that is
> actually Let It Bleed. Let It Bleed's working
> title was Sticky Fingers, and that acetate
> supposedly contains Jumping Jack Flash...
>
> JR

It doesn't matter if their was an acetate. Couldn't he just go into music store pick up the CD and see what songs are on their?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 27, 2007 00:33

Micael Dwyer - Melbourne Age 27 January 2007

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1800
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home