Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith question on RnR Circus
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 27, 2006 18:54

Has Keith ever commented on what he thought of Yoko Ono's ummmm "singing" during the jam of RnR Circus?

A friend just saw it for the first time on Youtube and was asking about it. He was completely astonished by her performance (I never really know what to call what she did, other than a complete disgrace, of course).

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Re: Keith question on RnR Circus
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 27, 2006 19:04

i don't recall any comments from Keith himself, but in the commentary to the reissue of R&R Circus
Yoko (i think it's Yoko who says this? one of the commentators) mentions all the members of the Dirty Mac
considering her presence on the stage mighty weird but taking it in stride out of respect for John.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-27 19:06 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 27, 2006 19:06

Yoko! Oh, no!

John thought she looked and sounded great. Further reason to just say no, kids.

Date: December 27, 2006 19:10

with sssoul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
considering her presence on the stage mighty weird but taking it in stride out of respect for John.

Thanks ws! That definitely seems fair. I just figured that since John is no longer with us, they might have been more open about what they thought. I would've been pissed if I was him.

Posted by: [b]NicoS[/b] ()
Date: December 27, 2006 19:11

I think it was pretty daring for those day's to come up with Yoko (I think it was art back then) I do think all of the bands that performed on RnR where new (no top 40) or mabe it was to persuade JL to join(t) the Circus.

Add ()

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-27 19:12 by NicoS.

Posted by: [b]NicoS[/b] ()
Date: December 27, 2006 19:22

Watching the scene again I do think Keith was some of a music director when he change the mike for Yoko

Date: December 27, 2006 19:45

actually i think he changed the mic for the violinist, just like a good host should.
i'm listening to the director's commentary right now, and he says (maybe not 100% accurately)
that no one but John and Yoko knew Yoko was going to do that until she got out of the bag and did it.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: December 27, 2006 19:59

Thanks C I wish you a hap new year!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-27 21:39 by rooster.

Date: December 27, 2006 20:11

with sssoul Wrote:

"...until she got out of the bag and did it."

HAHAHA that cracked me up. What was she doing in that bag anyway? Too bad someone poked air holes into it. OOOOHHHH that was mean!

Date: December 27, 2006 20:15

smile: John and Yoko were into bags there for a while. it was a recurring theme:
"eating chocolate cake in a bag," remember? The Ballad of John & Yoko

Date: December 27, 2006 20:25

I always thought he said "eating chocolate cake in the back" like in the back of a car or limo.

So they used to get into bags often, that's just weird! Crazy hippies.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 27, 2006 20:49

I think Marrianne says it's a 'thing' of free expression and showing there are no boundaries between the arts or something like that. Anyway, to deny it would be to deny what they(the youth of the 60's) were all supposed to be about!!!

If you have seen Johns 1969 show in Canada with Clapton and Klaus Voorman etc, they do something similar and then some... it's all the better for being more extreme.

I actually think it's great that they included it in the video and dvd of the r&r circus, it may not be an enjoyable listening experience, but that's not the point.

I have great respect for Yoko Ono! smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-27 20:52 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: December 27, 2006 22:39

It´s always fascinating with people who totally shameless and without doubt does almost anything i public. Yoko Ono even tried to teach the Beatles how to write songs, no wonder McCartney got a bit angry now and then.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: December 27, 2006 23:32

Elmo Lewis wrote: "John thought she looked and sounded great. Further reason to just say no, kids."

Lennon must have been wearing BEER GOOGLES (see movie Shallow Hal).
Yoko had some sort of spell on John. Must've been incredible in bed.

Sorry for that visual (go to your happy place)
Yoko made Linda McCartney look like Cindy Crawford.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: December 28, 2006 02:02

Lennon:
"What’s Bagism? It’s like... a tag for what we all do, we’re all in a bag ya know, and we realised that we came from two bags, I was in this pop bag going round and round in my little clique, and she was in her little avant-garde clique going round and round, and you’re in your little tele clique and they’re in their...ya know? and we all sort of come out and look at each other every now and then, but we don’t communicate. And we all intellectualize about how there is no barrier between art, music, poetry... but we’re still all "I’m a rock and roller, he’s a poet" ... so we just came up with the word so you would ask us what bagism is, and we’d say "WE’RE ALL IN A BAG BABY!

We're trying to sell peace, like a product, you know, and sell it like people sell soap or soft drinks. And it's the only way to get people aware that peace is possible, and it isn't just inevitable to have violence. Not just war — all forms of violence. People just accept it and think 'Oh, they did it, or Harold Wilson [British prime minister at the time] did it, or Nixon did it,' they're always scapegoating people. And it isn't Nixon's fault. We're all responsible for everything that goes on, you know, we're all responsible for Biafra and @#$%& and everything. So we're just saying "SELL PEACE" — anybody interested in peace just stick it in the window. It's simple but it lets somebody else know that you want peace too, because you feel alone if you're the only one thinking 'wouldn't it be nice if there was peace and nobody was getting killed.' So advertise yourself that you're for peace if you believe in it."

Interview on The David Frost Show (14 June 1969)

"...Ev'rybody's talking about
Bagism, Shagism, Dragism, Madism,
Ragism, Tagism
This-ism, That-ism, is-m, is-m, is-m
All we are saying is give peace a chance,
All we are saying is give peace a chance
C'mon..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-28 02:06 by Beelyboy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1002
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home