Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Black Sabbath Live 1970-75
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: December 5, 2006 01:12

I have a CD called "Past Lives" on my HD, and while some call this band a "poor man's Led Zeppelin", I think they were much more than that. Satanic image BS aside, there's no doubt that Ozzy & Co presented some of the most memorable riffs in the hard rock canon.

I love 'em. I even saw them in concert, in Charleston WV in 1976, when Ozzy's decline was apparent, but the band bravely soldiered on. If I'm not mistaken, Ted Nugent opened for them. Sabbath's set opened with "Symptom of the Universe", and ended with "Paranoid". In between, they played the favorites, interspersed with tracks off their newest LP, "Technical Ecstacy".

"Past Lives" features shows from 1970, 1973 & 1975, much of which was available only on bootlegs.

A friend sent me the complete 1970 boot from Paris, which is pretty cool.

Re: OT: Black Sabbath Live 1970-75
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 5, 2006 01:17

I would take Sabbath over Led Zeppelin any day. The boot to look for is Asbury Park 1975. Nice setlist but real jammy with a lot of improvs. A lot of unique stuff that can't be found on anything else.

"when Ozzy's decline was apparent,"

Has there ever been a longer decline? I am also looking forward to "Heaven And Hell" next year which is the Dio era lineup touring under a new name. And yet another boot recommendation would be a 2 CD entitled "The Gillen Years" which is the demos for "The Eternal Idol" (released with Tony Martin on vox) and some live stuff from the 1986 tour.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: December 5, 2006 01:31

that was and still is very heavy hard rock......excellent.....Iommi/Ozzy were the heavy metal Dynamic Duo.......just have a listen to Supernaut from Vol.4

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-05 03:01 by Leonard Keringer.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: December 5, 2006 02:37

I remember seeing them at the Liverpool Boxing Stadium in 1973 and to this day, I would declare that they are without doubt the heaviest and loudest band that I have ever witnessed.

There was ringing in my ears two days afterwards.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1525
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home