Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith' home in Jamaica
Posted by: babylon ()
Date: December 4, 2006 23:50

Where is Keith' home located in Jamaica? I'm gonna go there in January and would like to visit it.
Thanks
Susan

Re: Keith' home in Jamaica
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 5, 2006 00:07

It's in Ocho Rios.

However, I don't think BV likes us giving out addresses. Just ask one of the locals, they'll point it out.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: December 5, 2006 00:15

cindy...you're probably right but for some reason I thought keith's place was on the south side of the island.

last time i was in ocho rios I asked our tour guide where Mick's house was and he pointed to the top of a mountain in ocho rios.

Date: December 5, 2006 00:21

sweet neo con Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
last time i was in ocho rios I asked our tour guide where Mick's house was and he pointed to the top of a mountain in ocho rios.

I don't think Mick has a house in Jamaica? Perhaps he did at one point. I thought his only Caribbean place was in Mustique.

Besides, I personally don't think the locals know too much about them other than it's a rich, famous person's house. Several different people pointed to the same house up on a mountain when I asked.

When I was in St. Lucia they told me Mick had a house in Marigot Bay, but I'm pretty sure that he doesn't. He probably visited there once or something.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 5, 2006 00:30

"Where is Keith' home located in Jamaica? I'm gonna go there in January and would like to visit it. "

I find this post very disturbing.

Date: December 5, 2006 00:34

hey cindyc.....i was in st. lucia for my honeymoon. i've never heard or read that Mick had a home there either.....but they have many homes...who's to know for sure.

re; jamaica...again...you are probably correct.

Posted by: Landover 81 ()
Date: December 5, 2006 02:28

Took a tour there and the guide said Jagger had a house on the mountain in Ocho Rios. But that was about 8 years ago.

Posted by: lynn1 ()
Date: December 5, 2006 02:33

I think you people NEED TO GET A LIFE! "Visiting" homes of these people? Holy Cow. Were you impressed with the iron gate outside?

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: December 5, 2006 03:57

Jeeze Lynn1, you ever go to Hollywood and buy a map to the stars home? Ever do the walk of fame? For that matter, when in DC, ever visit Mount Vernon? We do have lives, but the cult of celebrity has become pervasive. She did not say she was travelling to Jamaica TO FIND KR'S HOME, but while she was there, what the hell!

Date: December 5, 2006 04:06

You probably don't need to find his house...Keef hangs out in the streets alot down there right?

Date: December 5, 2006 05:25

hey lynn1...relax....there was no stalking going on......didn't even drive by the house...or even make the effort. we were in a bus on the way to dunns river falls...killing time... and the guide was pointing out celeb homes and other sites.
The guide also told us about para-sailing...was that wrong too?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 5, 2006 07:38

[www.keithrichards.com] then Wingless Angels
You will be able to view 4 short videos shot around Keith's house....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: December 5, 2006 07:42

If you want to be really disturbed google "BONO'S HOUSE" and see what you find.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: December 5, 2006 10:03

babylon Wrote:
> Where is Keith' home located in Jamaica? I'm gonna
> go there in January and would like to visit it.
> Thanks
> Susan

Do not go there.
Behold Peter Tosh's fate and stay away from Jamaica.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 5, 2006 17:39

trainarollin Wrote:
> If you want to be really disturbed google "BONO'S
> HOUSE" and see what you find.

wrought iron gates don't make for great photos.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 5, 2006 18:12

Adrian-L Wrote:
> trainarollin Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If you want to be really disturbed google
> "BONO'S
> > HOUSE" and see what you find.

I googled BONEHEAD'S HOUSE .... but nothing came up !

Date: December 5, 2006 18:25

sweet neo con Wrote:
hey lynn1...relax....there was no stalking going on......didn't even drive by the house...or even make the effort. we were in a bus on the way to dunns river falls...killing time... and the guide was pointing out celeb homes and other sites.
The guide also told us about para-sailing...was that wrong too?

No Sh@t - what a beeyotch.

YEAH SNC - me too, before Dunns River we stopped at a garden on the tour, and Keith's house was right behind it. The guard let me walk halfway up the driveway, but I didn't see too much, it was a long driveway.

Dunns River falls ROCKS!!! What a blast walking up it!

Posted by: keef81 ()
Date: December 5, 2006 18:41

follow the potsmoke and you'll get right there !

Date: December 5, 2006 18:44

Or the machine guns thunder.

Date: December 5, 2006 18:52

Baboon Bro Wrote:
> Or the machine guns thunder.

Baboon, do you work for the Jamaican Tourist Board? You can't stop promoting it. ;-)

I was warned about going there before I went also, but it was fine. I don't think I would go walking around the hills by myself though.

It's funny there, the guys are standing outside the airport doors selling weed. We bought some, but I can't remember if it was any good (perhaps that means it was?)

The worst part about the place was the constant pestering on the beach to buy weed or have my hair braided. One chick even woke me up to ask me if I want my hair braided. It's not nice to wake Cindy when she's sleeping, Cindy get's very angry.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: December 5, 2006 19:00

I admit I'm ambi on this issue.
I bet La Pallenberg would have some words on this.

Too many weapons, too many gangsters,
and a couple too many psychosis folks walkin'round I've heard.

But - still - its my dream destination.

Le Tosh. Alas lost both pic creds ("The Wailers News" gives a hint though).

Date: December 5, 2006 19:04

hi cindy...my wife & i have been to jamaica a few times....and we always do stupid things like following the ganja sellers back into some scary little drug den. we survived. we don't smoke...so what the hell were we doing?

my wife actually sought someone out to braid her hair. she's a nut (& a stones fan).

speaking of Stones' tropical getaways....was Mick's Mustique home ruined by volcanoes several years back?

also...where (in Jamaica) were the recording studios they used for the Goats Head Soup sessions?
I assume it's the same place that Elton John tried to record Goodbye Yellow Brick...and Paul McCartney (Wings) tried to record Band On the Run.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-05 19:11 by sweet neo con.

Date: December 5, 2006 19:05

Baboon Bro Wrote:
I admit I'm ambi on this issue. I bet La Pallenberg would have some words on this.

You're right about that, she wasn't treated very well there (if the story in Tony's book is true). However, that was 30 years ago.

Bad things happen everywhere. If you're careful you can pretty much go anywhere, just use your best judgement.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: December 5, 2006 19:06

it's the Mansion on the Hill

Date: December 5, 2006 19:09

I think its pretty common knowledge its pretty lawless out there.
Still; you travel in groups etc you ought to be safe.

Cant really see that some warnings would be wrong.

All narcotics dealing centras are hazardous zones;
I could also mention the Danish freestate Christiania
(my second home for many years), Colombia and the North of Thailand.

Date: December 5, 2006 19:11

sweet neo con Wrote:
hi cindy...my wife & i have been to jamaica a few times....and we always do stupid things like following the ganja sellers back into some scary little drug den. we survived. we don't> smoke...so what the hell were we doing?

NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL BAD JUDGEMENT!!! Are you crazy!!!?

speaking of Stones' tropical getaways....was Mick's Mustique home ruined by volcanoes several years back?

NO - It was not ruined. It is still available to rent at the low price of only $16K per week! It does have 6 bedroooms however, so if you go in with some friends it's less that $3K per couple! I've always wanted to do this actually, but my friends aren't up for it, bastards!

also...where were the recording studios they used for the Goats Head Soup sessions?
I assume it's the same place that Elton John tried to record Goodbye Yellow Brick...and Paul McCartney (Wings) tried to record Band On the Run.

I don't know that kind of stuff, Erik?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 5, 2006 19:19

CindyC Wrote:
> where were the recording studios they used for the Goats Head Soup sessions?

Dynamic Sound Studios

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 5, 2006 20:05

I would like to find Kim Deal's home but last I heard she lived in East L.A. (!!!) and I don't think I want to take the bus there and start wandering the 'hood looking for her.

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: December 5, 2006 20:19

... i believe he is down there or on his way now............

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: December 5, 2006 21:03

Been to Jamaica 8 times, couple of times to Negril, once to Ocho Rios, the rest to Montego Bay. Never had a problem. Even spent a day all over Kingston, very different than the tourist areas.

I did spot a very nice big mansion up on the hill overlooking downtown Ocho Rios that I assumed was Keith Richards, but not sure. It's not like there were many up there, so probably a safe bet!

One of the locals did tell me that the house that you drive by on your way into Dunn's Rivers right on the coast (to the east) was once owned by Mick Jagger.

But, like someone else mentioned, you get a different story from everyone you ask down there, so who knows.

Did Mustique have a volcanic eruption? Or did someone mistake that for Montseratt (where George Martin once had AIR Studios, which I do believe was destroyed by a volcano and was the inspiration for the Jimmy Buffett song...Volcano)?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1437
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home