Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Question of European Seating especially FOS
Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 27, 2006 03:19

Now the post-tour depression is setting in, I thought I might consider a trip to Europe this summer. Tho I am English I have only seen the Stones out of the States once, 1976 at Knebworth, my first Stones show! Since then it has all been in the USA.

How do you ensure getting a few rows from or in front of the stage in Europe? Do they have FOS for all the shows, big and little, and once you have a FOS ticket, can you just wiggle up to the front? Or do you have to queue outside for hours/days and then make a mad rush for it? If you have a FOS ticket do they have to let you in even if, say, you arrive after the opening band? Are there any other options? Any info much appreciated. Sarah

Re: Question of European Seating especially FOS
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 27, 2006 03:32

In UK these days the floor or pitch (whatever you wish to call it) is all seated. In most of Europe (don't know about Scandinavia) it's still as it used to be many moons ago in the UK; namely free standing. You arrive early early, queue up, and when the doors open ........ run like stink and stake out your place.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 27, 2006 08:00

Are the sales on ticketmaster like here with seating maps?

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: November 27, 2006 08:53

Sarah, for FOS card holders there is normaly no special treatment at the venue. That means that the only advantage you'll have is the FOS section with normaly two special entries one on each side of the stage. For a chance to catch a great view onto the stage, be as early as you can there to get in.

Seating maps normally you can find on getgo for the german concerts.

Take care

Gangster

Post Tour Depression
Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: November 27, 2006 09:25

Hang in there, Sarah! It's going to take some getting used to! I just watched television (like sitcome/drama shit) for the first time in MONTHS! How totally disappointing and unfulfilling!

But, something has got to fill this void! I'm searching for a hobby or a cause, or something!!

But, it's great that word is out that there will be some European action. I know that bit of news is helping me!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 27, 2006 10:20

paulywaul said

"You arrive early early, queue up, and when the doors open ........ run like stink and stake out your place."

Those were the days. That's how it should be.
[...and I can still show a clean pair of heels to most of the unfit and under-exercised youth of today ;^) ]

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: November 27, 2006 10:25

There was a thread about FOS sitting in Europe not long ago.

I've just got my tix for the Roger Waters gig in Paris next year and guess what...There will be reserved seating.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: November 27, 2006 11:42

In Paris, Amsterdam, Bergen and Horsens there was a "Golden Circle" - tickets more expensive, but gets you into what used to be called the "pit".

The size depended on the size of venue, and the crowd was everything from very relaxed (most places) to aggressive (Paris). To get to the front you just need to enter this area early. You could get tickets outside from touts (scalpers) and on line for this area.

Twickenham was seated.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 27, 2006 11:45

The golden circle tix in Horsens wasn't very expensive compared to outside the circle. Only 14 bucks more.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 27, 2006 22:14

sarahunwin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are the sales on ticketmaster like here with
> seating maps?

Yes of course, but having said that, Spanish ticket sales were notably frustrating because of either poor, or totally non existent - availability of seating plans. Ticketmaster/UK is good in terms of the provision of adequately detailed seating plans, and otherwise so too were SOME ticket agencies in other European countries, but by no means ALL. The Spanish agencies were in my opinion particularly poor with respect to the provision of such information, either prior to, or at the time of - ticket sales. You were basically forced to buy "blind", and there is scope for a MASSIVE amount of improvement in this respect on behalf of whichever agencies were involved in the marketing of tickets - at least for the 2006 shows which by coincidence ended up getting cancelled.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 27, 2006 22:17

Detailed seating charts were equally non-existent for Portugal. And also Nice.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: November 27, 2006 23:22

Germany 2006

FOS = STANDING !!!

Koeln (Cologne)

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 28, 2006 13:01

thecitadel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In Paris, Amsterdam, Bergen and Horsens there was
> a "Golden Circle" - tickets more expensive, but
> gets you into what used to be called the "pit".
>
> The size depended on the size of venue, and the
> crowd was everything from very relaxed (most
> places) to aggressive (Paris). To get to the front
> you just need to enter this area early. You could
> get tickets outside from touts (scalpers) and on
> line for this area.
>
> Twickenham was seated.

I would not use the terms "golden circle" or "pit" for Stones shows. My experience in Europe this summer was that the "golden circle" extends to the edge of the B-Stage, so It would be more accurate to say that the "front of stage" tickets basically cover an area that extends about 40% down the field. The photo above is typical, but by the time the show starts, it is packed. I would also add that Fanasylum package purchasers get early entry to the venue, so that the spots on the rail will be taken, no matter how early you queue.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1084
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home