Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Could George Harrison have replaced Mick Taylor?
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 27, 2006 17:09

I think George was a fantastic guitarist. Just try playing some of those Beatles songs and you'll realise they are not as easy to play as they sound. He came up with some really interesting chord shapes. Its funny actually, because despite this, he always sounded like he was struggling on the rock 'n' roll standards. I've actually read that Keith taught him a Chuck Berry thing or two including the lead on Roll Over Beethoven.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 27, 2006 17:55

Not 1969 No.Maybe 1989...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: November 27, 2006 18:22

*never mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-27 18:31 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: rocks off ()
Date: November 29, 2006 00:56

George, Brian, Jimi Hendrix and Jim Morrison are jammin' right now. I can hear 'em.

Posted by: GShelter ()
Date: November 29, 2006 01:32

alimente Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OF COURSE ANY BEATLE COULD REPLACE ANY OF STONES
> MEMBERS BUT BEST IS MACCA HE COULD TAKE EVERY
> POSITION IN STONES WITH HIM BEAST OF BURDEN WOULD
> SOUND INCREDIBLE LIVE

You can't compare Charlie to Ringo. Charlie is a drummer...Ringo is a.....is a.....is a......I don't know what he played. It sure wasn't the drums.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 29, 2006 04:34

Ridiculous. Ringo was/is a great drummer! Perfect for The Beatles, and on Sgt. Peppers one of the first rock drummers to use rotto toms with such flare. Check out his drumming on Rain! My god it is sublime! Often The Beatles material required very simple basic drumming and he fit in perfectly. Also, check out the complex drumming on I Want You (She's So Heavy). All in all Ringo is very underrated as a drummer!

George would not have been a good fit with the Stones....he is far more Rockabilly, and yes, his slide would have been a great addition, but he would never have fitted in well with the style and personalities of The Stones. keith actually wrote a very touching obit in Rolling Stone dedicated to George...

But also, it is little known that on a lot of the more complex leads Paul played, which was one of the big sore points in their relationship...Paul would get immpatient and play the lead....Paul plays the smoking lead in Taxman...

Posted by: GShelter ()
Date: November 29, 2006 22:38

yaaaaaaaaaaaawn

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 29, 2006 22:40

None of the Beatles were strong instrumentalists, though Paul was the most talented, technically, by far.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1039
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home