Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Ronnie Wood is king!!!!
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 26, 2006 13:58

django Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
But for me it is not cool to walk on stage to present an
> award with a glass of alcohol in hand, acting like
> a fool. OK that was 2000, let's hope he's on a
> better way now.

I don't see the coolness either

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 26, 2006 14:53

If this footage was from 2006, I'd be concerned, but as Wood has stopped this drinking by now, I think it's a very funny scene. No, it's not cool to be wasted, but it's always cool when a Stone is having a good time, and spoils his drink at some jerk.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 26, 2006 18:54

People are talking about 'role models' here. I mean, has someone REALLY considered A Rolling Stone as a role model? In whatever terms I come to think of them, role model does not belong to them (unless I'd like to be a wannabe rock star). Bloody hell, even they themselves laugh about the idea of it - they have gained their reputation and fame for their bad behaviour (listen to Jagger's comment in their induction into R&R Hall of Fame). Mick, Keith and Ronnie all play according to their bad boy role in public, and yes, the results are quite ridiculous sometimes (see for example Live Aid performance: I think most of the world wide audience thought that those 'rock and roll icons', Keef and Ron, were really running out of coolness, and looked and sounded like ridiculous old drunks. That was the moment I first time ever started to think that maybe Keith Richards is not the coolest guy in the world; the 'image' started to show some weaknesses.)

By the way, about acting tough, and then bodygards doing dirty work, was it once again that Brian Jones was showing the lead??

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-26 19:27 by Doxa.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 26, 2006 19:07

if you watch and listen close, the biggest laugh from the audience comes when the guy calls ronnie an old bastard, so who won

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: November 26, 2006 20:03

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
> "If you want straight, you've got the wrong man".

sounds funny, but does not impress me at all. ask Jo what she thinks about this. it's somehow like whistling when youre walking through a deep dark wood all alone. Jo surely knows that Ronnie is not "king" when he is drunk. and Ronnie has realized this too in the meantime. glad he did. late, but not too late.

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: November 26, 2006 22:25

Mathijs Wrote:

> By the way, in the end of the clip Wood says
> "where's Vinnie". Isn't Vinnie one of the Irish
> body guards working for the Stones?
>
> Mathijs

I remember this incident and I'm sure the "Vinnie" that Ronnie was refering to was Vinnie Jones, the ex hard man footballer turned tough guy actor who I think had been on the stage to present an award just before that incident.

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 26, 2006 22:40

Sorry, you bunch of old fuddy duddies, but I wish I could look that cool. He's a rockstar, WTF is he supposed to look like ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-27 13:40 by Elmo Lewis.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 26, 2006 22:46

LOL, Elmo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-27 12:24 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 26, 2006 22:54

skelly Wrote:
> Mathijs Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > By the way, in the end of the clip Wood says
> > "where's Vinnie". Isn't Vinnie one of the Irish
> > body guards working for the Stones?
> >
> > Mathijs
>
>
> I remember this incident and I'm sure the "Vinnie"
> that Ronnie was refering to was Vinnie Jones, the
> ex hard man footballer turned tough guy actor who
> I think had been on the stage to present an award
> just before that incident.

It was. Remember watching that at the time and thought Ronnie made an arse of himself. That said, It IS funny....

And Brandon Block wasnt an 'intruder'. He was there because he was nominated for some DJ award. What happened was that he got drunk, went to the toilet and when he came back the guy sitting next to him , as a prank, told him to go up to the stage because theyd just announced he'd won. Which is why he's standing there looking totally bewildered at why hes standing onstage whilst someone else is being presented with a different award. The look of bewilderment on everyone's faces at that point is hilarious, although I would imagine the whole experience was pretty scary for the young girl onstage with Ronnie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-26 22:59 by Gazza.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: November 26, 2006 23:26

Ronnie Wood is exactly the way I want my rock stars to be. If you are too worried about his problems then you dont get what rock n roll is about

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-26 23:27 by letitloose.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: November 27, 2006 04:53

letitloose Wrote:
> Ronnie Wood is exactly the way I want my rock
> stars to be. If you are too worried about his
> problems then you dont get what rock n roll is
> about

and what is it about? self-destruction? must be great to watch as long as you are not concerned, right?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 27, 2006 11:57

letitloose Wrote:
> stars to be.

what..drunk and in need of numerous attempts at rehab to prevent him killing himself?

If you are too worried about his
> about

Ask his wife and she might tell you different. I'm a fan of the guy and his band. So, yeah - I'll reserve the right to express concern for his welfare. Thankfully, hes doing a lot better now than he was then. Had it been otherwise, the tour this year may have derailed halfway through or (at best) his performances would have been disastrous. I doubt anyone would have wanted that.

I thought one of the things about rock n roll that was appealing was self-expression. Personally, I dont need someone to get drunk and make an arse of themselves on my behalf. I can do that pretty well myself!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 27, 2006 12:19

letitloose Wrote:
> stars to be. If you are too worried about his
> about

rock musicians pushing 60, who try to still act and consume alcohol/drugs, like they are 20 years old, is quite frankly embarassing.

Hopefully Ronnie continues to keep his demons in check, and with the support of his loving family and friends, he will continue to entertain us with some fine musicianship, for many years to come.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 27, 2006 12:38

Well said Gazza and Adrian-L

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1009
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home