Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT smokers
Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: November 24, 2006 18:23

Started when I was about 17 and pretty much smoked a pack a day until this past March, when at age 33, I just decided to quit on a whim. Stopped smoking, started running the next day. Quitting was a lot easier than I expected and I didn't have the urge to smoke until I hurt my knee three months later and couldn't run for a few weeks - I was back on the nic within days. That said, within 24 hours of stopping smoking, I felt 100x better. Looked better, slept better, had a ton more engergy...

Now I smoke part-time. I can go a few days without one but if I'm out drinking or with friends who smoke, forget it - I'm a friggin' chimney. I figure I'll keep up the moderate smoking through the holidays and then cut it out again (hopefully permanently) after New Year's - I don't want to be denying myself ciggies at Christmas parties - it'll make me act like a total prick. Ho ho ho!

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: November 24, 2006 18:59

MicksBrain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> RollingStonesFan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I don't smoke, and I'm proud of it. Glad to be
> > non-smoker.
>
> Proud to be a non smoker...gee, I'm proud to be a
> toilet paper user...
>
> OK RSF (AKA Mr. Self Righteous), What DO you do
> for stress, fast food? Booze? Drugs? Don't tell me
> NOTHING cause I don't know one person that can say
> that...there's ALWAYS something..... You wanna
> confess?

This post is not fair!
I see, you don't accept, I'm a non-smoker.
Well, for stress, I normally do any kind of sports, tennis, biking or jogging, clear? No cigarrets, no drugst, just sometimes some drinks too much.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: November 24, 2006 19:23

Dear RSF, well I didn't mean for it to sound so harsh. I checked your E-mail and it looks like you're from Denmark (my cousin ALMOST is, she lives in Malmo) Anyway, in the USA there's this big group that is very SMUG about not being smokers. They are very hard on smokers and it kind of bothers me because they don't understand that most people start smoking when they are non thinking young teens and once they realize how bad it is for them they are already hooked. I try to have more sympathy + if people enjoy smoking it's really not my concern. Didn't mean for my comment to sound so strong - sorry. MB

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: November 24, 2006 19:57

They said it couldn't be done.
So with a smile, he set out to do what they said couldn't be done.
And he couldn't do it.

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: November 24, 2006 20:00

Well, I'm not from Denmark but from its neighbour-country, Germany.
Here in Germany, laws are getting stricter for smokers, and it won't take too long, when the gouvernment forbids smoking in public areas generally. Also, smoking gets from year to year more expensive, insurances are more critic against smokers and so on.
I don't have problems, if people have problems, 'caus I'm not smoking, I ignore this more or less, but the good thing is that most of my freinds also don't smoke, and if they do, we never talked about that. Either you do it (with all individually consequences), or you don't do it. Very easy for me.

Posted by: Haristone ()
Date: November 24, 2006 20:03

i have been smoking during 29 years. I stopped 2 month ago. I always thought i'll never be enough strong to stop smoking. it seems to work.

but i'll never bother smokers.

smoke is poison and cancer and death. but it's legal, so no one can blame a smoker, and especially and ex-smoker.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 24, 2006 20:07

It seems to me that those hardest on smokers are in fact, ex-smokers. I find that those who have never smoked are those who are the least bothered by it. I think its part of the ex-smokers smugness at giving it up.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 24, 2006 22:02

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: November 24, 2006 22:03

Rockman Wrote:
> [i9.photobucket.com]
> IMMERBOY%202/GLIMMERBOY%203/deathcigs.jpg

i remember those....they also sold vodka (a bottle in a miniature coffin.....seriously)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-24 22:05 by Leonard Keringer.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 24, 2006 22:05

Yeah Yeah they're real fags...
My mate bought them back from Japan.........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: November 24, 2006 22:09

My favorite brand, aside from Chesterfield & Bond
Typing means "Kosmos, Cigareti s filtrom"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-24 22:10 by Baboon Bro.

Date: November 24, 2006 22:11

to go with those deadly fags (clic the pic)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-24 22:12 by Leonard Keringer.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: November 24, 2006 22:46

I'm on 205 pieces of nicotine gum a day. My fillings have all fallen out, but who cares. My teeth have gone as well. Had my jaw re-wired from the constant chewing. A brain seizure from the migranes from the constant chewing. But hey, I feel great. Except for the stomach inspection from too much nicotine going down to it from the gum. Colon problems from it. But hey, I stopped smoking. That's what counts, right? Oh, and skin cancer from using multiple nicotine patches. On the same spot. Nausea from over dosing on replacement nicotine. The loss of my tongue from using those nicotine pills. A nose removal job because of those nicotine nasal sprays. And a heart attack from replacement nicotine overdose. But, who cares. I'm on the up. No more fags for me. Now where's the nearest cliff?

Date: November 24, 2006 22:48

jagger50 Wrote:
. I'm on the up. No more fags for
> me. Now where's the nearest cliff?

amazon.com.............cliff richards

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: November 24, 2006 22:49

[www.mightymusic.dk] Snuff
(Sorry wrong pic first)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-24 22:58 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: November 25, 2006 01:26

A question about smoking.IS there any possibity not to get high when you smoke a joint?My friends are high and I don't feel a thing.What's the matter with me?

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: November 25, 2006 01:28

Strato, have you just recently started and only smoked a couple of times? Often the first couple of times you smoke, you may not get high. Or perhaps you are not inhaling?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 25, 2006 01:32

StratoGR Wrote:
> A question about smoking.IS there any possibity
> not to get high when you smoke a joint?My friends
> are high and I don't feel a thing.What's the
> matter with me?

There's the old saying "You have to keep it longer in your lungs"

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: November 25, 2006 01:35

yeah holding it in always helps. another saying I grew up with:

"If you don't cough, you don't get off"

Posted by: bianca ()
Date: November 25, 2006 01:39

MicksBrain- I didn't think even you would attempt to argue in favour of smoking.

I'm sure it must be tough to quit. Very tough. But its possible. Lots of people do it.

If you want a stress-reliever, try exercise. Its cheaper, and it doesnt bother (or kill) other people.

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: November 25, 2006 02:12

Yes today was the second time.I'll keep on : )

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1483
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home