Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Da Doo Run Run
Posted by: dangerous beauty ()
Date: November 23, 2006 04:58

I was listening to Sirius Satelite Radio yesterday and they played DA DOO RUN RUN, originally released by the Crystals, apparently covered by the Rolling Stones. I had never heard this version before. It is performed majestically in true Rolling Stones fashion, dark and introspective, a remarkable rendition of this simple song. Il found out that it was recorded in september of 1964 and released on a record called 16 HIP HITS in october of the same year, This seems to be some compilation LP put together by Andrew Oldham. Does anyone have any more information on this and does anyone have a copy of this song to share? I was unable to record it.

Re: Da Doo Run Run
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 23, 2006 08:59

Go to the Hot Stuff section of this site. It's been available there several times in the past and I'm sure one of the readers will post it if you ask. There are lots of awesome people there that share all of their rarities. It's on The Black Box Vol.4 as well as the Andrew Oldham Songbook, both of which have been posted in the past.
I believe this was one of the songs recorded the same time as others that eventually were released on Metamorphosis. On this song, I think Mick is the only Stone on it.
Unfortunately, I'm not very computer literate so I don't know how to re-post.

Re: Da Doo Run Run
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 23, 2006 09:17

Da Doo Ron Ron

Regent Sound Studio - London 1 September 1964
Mick Jagger lead vocal
Keith Richards guitar

4LP - The Rest Of The Best
1CD - The Rolling Stones Song Book
4CD - The Black Box Millenium Edition

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1924
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home