Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The Fan Who Appointed Herself Aisle Policewoman
Posted by: virgil ()
Date: November 23, 2006 02:00

The worst I heard was at Bruce Shitsteens most recent solo tour. They handed out a list of rules to every person upon entry . Boston Garden 19,000 people.

1. no Talking

2. No Getting up During a song

3. No eating or Liquids in your seats.

And many More.

My freind was susssshed 3 times and left During the Fourth song.

I know I would have been thrown out for LOL while I read my rule list.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: November 23, 2006 07:23

That can't possibly be true

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 23, 2006 15:38

The Fan Who Appointed Herself Aisle Policewoman

She was waiting for her song - "Bitch".

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 23, 2006 18:40

We all see varying levels of politeness and obnoxiousness at concerts.

Personally, I can relate to both points of view. For example, while I always end up standing as necessary and dancing if I feel like it.... I also like to sit down after awhile from time to time to rest my 49 year old bones... especially my knees.

And the people singing along... People just love to sing along. Often though, I wish everyone would stop singing along with every single song... so I could hear Mick and the band. "I see a red door and I want it..." "Shut up!" In the old days, on YCAGWYW, Mick (and Keith) actually sang the chorus without the audience singing along, and it was very nice. Nowadays, it's almost like Mick has given up all hope of singing THAT part alone, if not at all! He points his mike out to the crowd! The "cherry red" part too.

But every line in every song... I hate when I'm seated next to that guy.

What surprised me was that THIS chick was altogether different... She was dancing... facing AWAY from the stage, so she was able to police more effectively!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-23 19:31 by schillid.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: November 23, 2006 18:59

Duane in Houston Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That can't possibly be true

Duane
If your are referring to my post it is absolutely true. It was Billed as an Intimate night with Bruce. Mostly Acoustic deep thinking shit. If I can find the rules card, my freind might still have on her Fridge, I will post it.

If you were'nt referring to my post Ignore this one.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: November 23, 2006 21:38

I was and I'm absolutely flabergasted if this is indeed true. I've never heard of such a thing. The only thing I can possibly think of that might justify such idiocy would be if they were filming or recording the show for a DVD or CD.

Posted by: KCSTONES ()
Date: November 23, 2006 22:15

No offense Britney but shit sometimes happens. Sorry to say but provoking the Angels in any way is like attempting suicide. The guy who got stabbed deserved it. You DON'T threaten anyone with a gun let alone an Angel without repercussions. Try pointing one at a cop sometime. Yes the concert was somewhat violent but the majority of rock concerts were not. It was a great time. Today its like watching a movie with everyone telling you to sit down, At a recent Stones concert at MSG I had a guy next to me reading the wall street journal. Sad, Sad, Sad. People who don't like facing crowds should sit in the back. I attended Stones Wembley 99 where in was FOS. Everyone had a great time and the energy was evident. Definitely the best way to see the Stones or any other Rock band.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: November 25, 2006 08:52

at most GA shows in Europe we use numbers, i like it, you can move around a bit smiling smiley Off course you cant stay away all day, but if you go away for an hour or something its no problem here

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1723
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home